Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DemonKing

Arcane
I played a bit more on the weekend and have decided to "Save myself" for the full release. The dialog and story so far are quite terrible (although the voice acting is ok despite the material which is why I'd like an option to drop subtitles) but everything else is at least decent. I liked the world map and UI. The City is pretty bare bones but the combat is obviously a highlight. The verticality is very good in particular - I got quite a shock when someone knocked me off a tall pillar and I promptly dropped dead and fighting flying enemies forces you to mix up your tactics.

Looking forward to the full release.

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Just dropping by to say hello to you folks! A bit drowning in work at the moment between all the backers who can't find their keys, people with bugs, noting what streamers say about our game, reading all the bugs and feedback... but we're doing well!

A few things before I leave:
- Why the heck am I a halfling chick in that one guy's party?
- If you have infinite loading screen, try verifying game file integrity
- If you want to leave feedback, drop by our forums
- Continue shitposting away you beautiful people, I enjoy reading about it every so often lol.

Cheers,
Myzz

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Because I wonder how much their input is actually relevant. There are quite a few posts here outlining several similar or the same issues. Are the streamers some kind of barometer for what issues are actually important? Or is it just what issues most people are going to notice and everything else is fair game?

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Because I wonder how much their input is actually relevant. There are quite a few posts here outlining several similar or the same issues. Are the streamers some kind of barometer for what issues are actually important? Or is it just what issues most people are going to notice and everything else is fair game?
It's all about taking as much data as possible and deciding what can be done and where. That's the whole point of Early Access after all (apart from getting the extra funds to keep the project in motion).

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity

Fair point. As a developer I would also want to look at the comments of streamers though. They should normally (especially the better ones) be better at formulating their thoughts in a structured manner and are more adept at discussing games in a somewhat objective manner. I’ve been reading the Larian forums and most feedback posts are insanely long and unstructured with lots of completely irrelevant information on people’s personal life.

edit: so I thought I was in the BG3 thread, never mind :)

Lacrymas

Arcane
I just can't help but notice how anti-Codex the developers' headspace has been and continues to be. I'd wager the 'Dex is more representative of this game's real audience than streamers and their sycophants. "This does/doesn't LOOK fun to play" is complete nonsense and white noise imo.

If the devs' intention is to pull in the BG3 crowd, I'd say they are going to be severely disappointed.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I just can't help but notice how anti-Codex the developers' headspace has been and continues to be. I'd wager the 'Dex is more representative of this game's real audience than streamers and their sycophants. "This does/doesn't LOOK fun to play" is complete nonsense and white noise imo.
The fact that they have any representatives posting here at all is more pro-Codex than most developers.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The fact that they have any representatives posting here at all is more pro-Codex than most developers.
That doesn't matter when basically every KKKonsensus has been dismissed out of hand up until now. I'd say it's pouring salt into the wound.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
As a developer I wouldn’t want to be active/involved officially on this forum. Not because people here can be critical or harsh, but because there is too many racist/homophobic/anti-Semitic comments here.

Lurking here to get feedback seems like a good thing to do of course but I would ask people not to post here.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I am bitter about that yeah, but also about the casting animations, silly action cameras, "observing streamers". The development is paradoxical. I just can't understand what they are going for. It's like going to a pro-life rally to ask about the best abortion methods.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
That doesn't matter when basically every KKKonsensus has been dismissed out of hand up until now. I'd say it's pouring salt into the wound.
Myzzrym can please correct me if I'm wrong but if I understand his advice, all you have to do is:
1. Make an account on their forum
2. Ctrl+C your post from here and Ctrl+V on their forum (then edit out any "gamer words" before posting)
Again even coming here and providing that level of community outreach is much more than most devs do, besides Iron Tower and Logic Artists

Lacrymas

Arcane
The vast majority of posters here are pretty against it. Yeah, *you* might like it, but that doesn't mean you have good taste or someone should listen to you. Nothing personal, that goes for everyone.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Solasta UI belongs to Photoshop or VideoVegasPRO software, not D&D inspired adventure. Has same esthetic ugliness found in modern or communist architecture. Ugly as sin & soulless. I guess if you look the same or lack appreciation for beauty, you'll find it just fine.tm

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am bitter about that yeah, but also about the casting animations, silly action cameras, "observing streamers". The development is paradoxical. I just can't understand what they are going for. It's like going to a pro-life rally to ask about the best abortion methods.
Casting animations are fine. I would be happier without them (and adding an option to disable them shouldn't be an issue), but their length is tolerable. The "action" camera is a bad idea, it doesn't add anything to the game: just let me se the dice rolls and move on to the next turn. Dice rolls are very cool, better than anything I've seen in any other game.

Regarding streamers, I think you underestimate their role. They are fundamental even for a "small" game like this. The influence of the Codex begins and ends here, streamers' outreach is far more relevant than ours.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
You're just still being bitter about the whole UI thing.
I think it's obvious by now that Lacrymas is using any opportunity to derail this thread and scare developers away from the codex. Is his attempts are simply petty revenge to some devs for some IRL deeds? Or it is attempt to shit on other codexers (by damaging good project) for refusing to bend the knee and accept his political views? We may never know.
In any case, his nitpicking and bitterness comes not from a good will and desire to make game better, his unhealthy mental gymnastics coming from desire to damage project by scaring off codexers (naive enough to trust Lacrymas's opinion) or annoy devs.
If I was developer - I would ignore Lacrymas too, because it's funny to see him being butthurt otherwise I would have to make a choice - Lacrymas or other thousands players. Choice is obvious, so I don't think any reason why I should listen to Lacrymas in first place.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Besides Lacrymas, in this thread there was other people, who complained about UI and other stuff (some of it already fixed now) without sending several pages in fucking GD, but unfortunately devs need as much feedback as possible and such small community as RPG Codex (last GOTY was voted by laughable small amount of people) can't provide enough. So naturally devs have to check other sources and weight their options. If we want our opinion to be heard more - we need bigger numbers of users. Therefore I don't think it's something criminal, if devs gather their feedback from other sources.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just dropping by to say hello to you folks! A bit drowning in work at the moment between all the backers who can't find their keys, people with bugs, noting what streamers say about our game, reading all the bugs and feedback... but we're doing well!

A few things before I leave:
- Why the heck am I a halfling chick in that one guy's party?
- If you have infinite loading screen, try verifying game file integrity
- If you want to leave feedback, drop by our forums
- Continue shitposting away you beautiful people, I enjoy reading about it every so often lol.

Cheers,
Myzz
"That one guy"? I thought we had something special, Myzz. :rpgcodex:

You are a halfling chick because when you first posted here I was deceived by your avatar and thought you were a cute anime girl.

V_K

Arcane
The vast majority of posters here are pretty against it. Yeah, *you* might like it, but that doesn't mean you have good taste or someone should listen to you. Nothing personal, that goes for everyone.
The UI is actually a case of something looking (much) worse on screenshots than in actual play. In-game, you bare notice it's there, in a good way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom