Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Funposter

Arcane
i'm not watching two and a half hours of some spastic telling me that this game is good when i found it so boring that not even mods could fix it. modded oblivion and skyrim manage to be fun for me, but FO4 is so lacking that I tapped out within maybe a dozen hours.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Pretty suspect that we've never seen Many a True Nerd, Mr. Matty and Camelworks all in the same place at the same time.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Too many butthurt autists in one place too.... Yes idiots, Fallout 4 is an awesome game. It is a great CRPG and has many of the aspects that you claim to want in an CRPG but for some odd reason you never seem to "notice" in Fallout 4. You give it a lot of bad and undeserved criticism and you never give it credit for the things it does right and better than most other CRPGs.

For example C&C, Fallout 4 has some of the best in the genre. And most of it is not just some end title PNG an artist can create in 5 minutes, like in your so called "incline" obsolete trash you are playing. In Fallout 4, many details in the game world can change depending on your actions, from item placement, to people, to enemies, to whole locations. It is actually quite good. But you never noticed because some chimpantzees on the codex screamed "decline decline don't play it" even before Fallout 4 was announced. Idiots.

Drop your preconcieved notions and enjoy one of the best AAA CRPGs we have.

Wunderbar

Arcane
2 great videos explaining why Fallout 4 is the best CRPG of this generation and why you faggots have no taste in good video games:

have you even watched the videos? The second one is negative and shits all over the game, hence "?" in the title.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Too many butthurt autists in one place too.... Yes idiots, Fallout 4 is an awesome game. It is a great CRPG and has many of the aspects that you claim to want in an CRPG but for some odd reason you never seem to "notice" in Fallout 4. You give it a lot of bad and undeserved criticism and you never give it credit for the things it does right and better than most other CRPGs.

For example C&C, Fallout 4 has some of the best in the genre. And most of it is not just some end title PNG an artist can create in 5 minutes, like in your so called "incline" obsolete trash you are playing. In Fallout 4, many details in the game world can change depending on your actions, from item placement, to people, to enemies, to whole locations. It is actually quite good. But you never noticed because some chimpantzees on the codex screamed "decline decline don't play it" even before Fallout 4 was announced. Idiots.

Drop your preconcieved notions and enjoy one of the best AAA CRPGs we have.

It's a decent open world shooter, I'll give you that. Also, Far Harbor is actually a good piece of game.

The main campaign is weak though. And the c&c are implemented in a very incompetent way.

soulburner

Cipher
Once you treat FO4 as an open world shooter with RPG elements it's a pretty good game. Exploration is rewarding, the occasional distress radios are interesting, the graphics are pretty good, shooting mechanics are great, even the audio dynamic range is alright. Main story is childish and lame but you can leave it alone and stop playing once you get tired of the thing ;)
Far Harbor was a nice change that showed how the whole game could have been better if it had good writing and more meaningful C&C.

When treated like a Far Cry game in a Fallout-like retro-futuristic world, it's a lot of fun, trust me.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Is Far Harbor actually good or it's another overhyped reddittard shit?
it's good when compared to the base game. Decent atmosphere, decently written main story, a bit of C&C, multiple endings, a bunch of skillchecks.

purupuru

Learned
Far Harbor is solid, I would say better written than TOW for the large part, not a high bar obviously but still an achievement for Bethesda.
Though I wouldn't say FO4 is a decent open-world shooter without mods, the damage scaler is garbage in all but survival mode, and survival mode comes in a full package (no hard-save, fatigue, diseases) which can be more than annoying for many.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
In Fallout 4, many details in the game world can change depending on your actions, from item placement, to people, to enemies, to whole locations.
By "actions" you mean buying and installing the robot DLC, that replaces 99% of all random encounters with robots, so entitled player never run out of material to build their own with. :hahano:

Every DLC Beth ever released is meant to played immediately, then uninstalled and rolled back to and old save. They always change so much stuff for the worse, so players installing it after spending at least 700 hours in the base game will get showered with new stuff at every step.
Like vampires killing every merchant in Whiterun and leaving piles of ashes everywhere. :argh:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
700 hours is nothing, i have seen people play the game 4000 hours on PS4.

4000 hours in the least amount of mod avalaible platform.

It is an amazing game, full of quality content and a game that is shaping the world according to your actions, allowing for multiple different playthroughs and playstyles. It is not strange to play it for so many hours. Mods are irrelevant, like with Skyrim, the vanilla game is awesome anyway. Mods are overrated, most of them just change the graphics a little or add some items.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
700 is nothing, i have seen people play the game 4000 hours on PS4.

I'm quite sure that such people are imprisoned in some wet and moldy basement, chained to a pipe, in the room with nothing but a pile of papers for sleeping, a bucket for shitting, TV and PS4 with a copy of Fagout 4 inside. This is a cruel torture, indeed.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
700 is nothing, i have seen people play the game 4000 hours on PS4.

I'm quite sure that such people are imprisoned in some wet and moldy basement, chained to a pipe, in the room with nothing but a pile of papers for sleeping, a bucket for shitting, TV and PS4 with a copy of Fagout 4 inside. This is a cruel torture, indeed.

For a Fallout 1 fan? Yes. For a millenial / zoomer? No.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Please, tell me a game where Deathclaws cant jump a human chest high wooden fence is a good game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom