Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 5 - Decline Thirty Something: The Return to Madness

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sorry, I would like to change back to Niefelheim again. I don't feel confident playing a nation with a crippled start and good late game potential against players that have tons more experience :D

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
What would the turn timer be set to?

As is generally customary, 24hrs for the first two years, maybe moving up to 48hrs after if agreed upon. Extensions granted on request.
Sometimes, it doesn't work too well: I am playing a disciple game with the turn timer still set to 28h at turn 50 because too many of the other players have too much free time, so the vote to lenghten the turns didn't pass :D

sqeecoo

Arcane
I kinda think Mekone is not as bad as people say. Although I'd much prefer it the Ephors didn't have the (lamely hidden) always old trait and you could use unaging on them - they are pretty decent light thugs even with the old age.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I kinda think Mekone is not as bad as people say. Although I'd much prefer it the Ephors didn't have the (lamely hidden) always old trait and you could use unaging on them - they are pretty decent light thugs even with the old age.

Its not bad, its extremely cap centric and falls off in bigger games like a rock.

Also not sure if its hidden or is it the F magic effect. They got F right?

sqeecoo

Arcane
They got F, but it's a specific always old trait (or whatever it's called). I actually reported it as a bug once that unaging doesn't work on them and was told that it's intentional. They could have indicated it in the description at least, like in one of the LA TC mages.

But having decent high hp mages that are mostly E2 or F2 from all forts and that can become thugs with minor gear is not too bad.

Infinitum

Scholar
Eh. 50% of Gerontes can still light thug fine with an unaging bless, and Archons are recruit anywhere now. I'd be more worried about the dominion effect actively fucking the economy and popkilling forts.

EDIT: No, wait. It's about 50/50 for both Gerontes/Ephors whether they start out old with unaging. Youngest ones starts around ~219 years in testing. Shame about the lack of starting equipment though.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ooooh, I didn't notice they made archons recruit anywhere! Pretty cool. Gerontes are also always old, unfortunately :(

Infinitum

Scholar
Anyhow, it's been almost a week since the thread opened. Don't think anyone else on the codex that hasn't joined already will do so anytime soon. KoolNoodles?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Anyhow, it's been almost a week since the thread opened. Don't think anyone else on the codex that hasn't joined already will do so anytime soon. KoolNoodles?

Alright. Do you guys want llama or discord then? Discord would allow for easily getting randos into the game and easy chat etc. Llama would be if we just want this group here as I'm too lazy to recruit, though....could maybe grab a couple. MAYBE. Either way, I'm going to make a custom map so people need to pick their final nations. ;)

Infinitum

Scholar
They use the ingame network functionality, are set up through discord and have a bunch of functionality through discord as well. Pro: Don't have to fiddle with email Con: do have to fiddle the saves into a different folder before the turn turning over if you want to archive old turns. Neutral: Get a discord channel to fuck around with to the chagrin of forum lurkers.

Johannes

Arcane
I'll switch to Agartha. Mekone doesn't seem that weak after the patch for them, but ultimately just boring for me, at least didn't find a build that I'd really enjoyed.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'll switch to Agartha. Mekone doesn't seem that weak after the patch for them, but ultimately just boring for me, at least didn't find a build that I'd really enjoyed.

I considered Agartha but many strong (giants and elves) nations got picked and I was scared. Not afraid of getting rushed?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer

I considered Agartha but many strong (giants and elves) nations got picked and I was scared. Not afraid of getting rushed?
Isn't Agartha strong relatively early? I once got stomped by a horde of magma children early year 2 in a blitz.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It used to be but nowadays you just need to take fire resistance and basically are immune to magma children and thats the best Agartha has early on. Well that and cave start, that helps a bit...

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
They use the ingame network functionality, are set up through discord and have a bunch of functionality through discord as well. Pro: Don't have to fiddle with email Con: do have to fiddle the saves into a different folder before the turn turning over if you want to archive old turns. Neutral: Get a discord channel to fuck around with to the chagrin of forum lurkers.
"Fiddling" with email is hardly noticeable, but I really hate what discord does to forums.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Still looking for an extra player? I'm definitely a noob but looking to learn with real people. I'd vote for Llama, fwiw.

Johannes

Arcane
I'd rather use the bot. It doesn't really require you to use Discord at all necessarily, you can just communicate here and directly connect to the game.

Still looking for an extra player? I'm definitely a noob but looking to learn with real people. I'd vote for Llama, fwiw.
There's nothing set up yet so extra players should be fine

I'll make sure to have enough stones to throw to survive the typical kodexian 4v1 early war.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom