Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
This game is like crack,staying up until 2am just to play more. 100+ hours and just finished the barbarian (became queen tiefling) questline and just now i learn how to use kineticist, after 100+ hours , perhaps i've 7 INT :happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played a druid in a new Varnhold run, saving the Paladin for the main campaign. Anyway, was a really fun class. Never played a druid before - in any DnD game. Starts rather weak I think, but got really fun a couple of levels in. Versatile class. Just wondering one thing. I maxed out dex on her because of ranged attacks, but I noticed that a lot of the animal transformations gets bonus from strength. And then we have long-bows that gets more damage from str... so is it a better idea to balance those things out, or just go full in either? Str or dex? And if you run a full str druid, I assume you can become a pretty formidable fighter on its own with some cool weapons and armor?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
If you're playing a druid get a bear companion, you will be rewarded for it in Chapter 5.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Been trying to choose a "pet" class for my new playthrough, been jumping between various summoner subclasses(from COTW) sacred huntsman, animal priest and Druid for a while.

But I think I'll go with undead lord priest(from COTW), I haven't done a priest playthrough yet. Any tips about must-have feats would be welcome. Also been thinking about dipping into Drill sergent fighter that gives teamwork feats to allies, does he also give those feats to summoned undead?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Anyone played with the AI mod by Holic92 found on nexus? Is it any good?

Did anyone play with the Craft Magic Items, how does it influence the game in practice? Does it make the game significantly easier or not?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This game is like crack,staying up until 2am just to play more. 100+ hours and just finished the barbarian (became queen tiefling) questline and just now i learn how to use kineticist, after 100+ hours , perhaps i've 7 INT :happytrollboy:

I didn’t learn how to play Kineticist until 1500 hrs in. They could use more class specific items/feats. There are a couple of both in Wrath.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s a bit much.

Ranged Investigator (Empiricist is best) is sick, but I’m not even on Summoner or Spiritualist.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I didn’t learn how to play Kineticist until 1500 hrs in. They could use more class specific items/feats. There are a couple of both in Wrath.

They're really hard to understand , i still trying to grasp how ''fuse'' two elements correctly and if it's normal to waste a turn in turnbased to charge up with gather power

I wrapped up my BTSL run with Steelrager Bloodrager, Occultist Arcanist, Hunter Who Trips, Shaman Archetype with Mystery, Ninja, and Arsenal Chaplain Warpriest archer.

Going for another run with Skald, Ocean’s Echo Oracle (gets inspire courage), Eldritch Archer Magus, School Savant (Admixture) Arcanist, Winter Witch, Naturalist Summoner. I had fun blasting with the last party and the new metamagic feats so I wanted to try more of that with dazing, rime, etc on the Arcanist and Witch. Skald with a bunch of gishes is weird in theory but in practice with decline rage it sort of works and the two songs make up for everyone’s mongrel BABs.

Summoner is kind of clunky though, not sure if I will stick with that or maybe roll another Hunter, Sanctified Slayer, evil Warpriest, etc. Would like to get some Druid spells, too.

Desiderius

Patron

They're really hard to understand , i still trying to grasp how ''fuse'' two elements correctly and if it's normal to waste a turn in turnbased to charge up with gather power

You gotta do what you gotta do. Sometimes one big jizz is what you need against bosses. Normal turn is using the Move Action one since your Blasts don’t get iteratives*, so you don’t mind Standard Action since a full attack doesn’t buy you anything. You don’t use your combined blasts regularly until later since they cost more, but at 16th level that goes down and you can spam them.

* - Blade DOES get iteratives. It looks like it sux. It doesn’t.

I once stupidly said that the Deadly Aim on Kalikke was the only wasted Companion Feat in the game. It’s really good if you pick up an energy blast for Touch AC to beef them up. Then later you go off.

Desiderius

Patron
Just hit 2500. Some of that has to be afk, but still.
Yeah. A bunch of that is the game being idle while I’m working remotely, heh.

I was about to say... Must be nice to have the option to alt-tab into the game; let use a machine that can be used fork and gaming. ;)

Yeah, walk me through putting one together for Wrath and the next seven years and I’ll send the Codex $150 USD to dispense with as you see fit.

I think either CoTW or Fumi’s Codex adds a bunch of the missing feats that Kinetic Knight uses like Kinetic Whip. So I will revisit that at some point.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Just hit 2500. Some of that has to be afk, but still.
Yeah. A bunch of that is the game being idle while I’m working remotely, heh.

I was about to say... Must be nice to have the option to alt-tab into the game; let use a machine that can be used fork and gaming. ;)

Yeah, walk me through putting one together for Wrath and the next seven years and I’ll send the Codex $150 USD to dispense with as you see fit.
If you allow PMs, I can send you my thoughts.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm building a new rig next month, but a lot of the choice depends on whether the new AMD chips live up to their hype.

Trashos

Arcane
At some point Kimo (the introverted artisan who is trying to court the dryad) says he is getting dating advice from some guy who seems to know about these things. A few meters down the road is Sharel, an artisan who makes a variety of +CHA items.

Hmmm.... the plot thickens.

Trashos

Arcane
Nazrielle had better bring me some Rapiers for my Rapier Wizard/Eldritch Knight. In my previous playthrough as a Rapier Sword Saint, she didn't bring me any (and yes, I was specifically asking for the rapier group, but it is not just rapiers in there). So I played all the way to the Rushlight Tournament with the +2 Strategem. Hopefully this time she will deliver.

In other news: I have to admit that the more time I spend with the Pathfinder system and the more I understand it, the more I respect it and like it. (Note that I am not in touch with the other current systems)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom