Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

maybe they should change the release date in NEXT FRIDAY

Cleve made this work but then again he is a genius

ADL

Prophet
Looks like I gotta revoke my vacation request and move it back. I was combining the whole week of Thanksgiving so I'd have a full ten days off to play it (and Watch Dogs Legion+AC:Valhalla if Cyberpunk sucks, one of them is bound to be enjoyable).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
tenor.gif

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's must be something wrong with the managment for this game. Going gold then having another delay for 10 days? What exctally you gonna do in that ammount of time? :M

the game is probably on crunch mode for the past 6 - 12 months

having that significant overtime over such a long period of time on a non-physical labor job is counterproductive at certain point. they must have been effectively working at the same pace or even slower in spite of the overtime hours

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What a joke. This thing will be a major mess and disappointment on release. I admit I was looking forward for it, not anymore

ADL

Prophet
I hope it get delayed again, given the 10th December...next delay will be for 2021.
They won't. The Cyberpunk dev team has a profit share written into the contract for the year of release that lasts until December 31st of the year it releases. If they move it into 2021 they'll have to extend the profit share period significantly meaning a significantly larger payout to employees.

Vatnik Wumao
I'm a bit concerned about so little of the gameplay they have shown so far. It's like they try to omit something... or simply don't have much to show.
Witcher 3 was also somewhat rushed and had to cut significant portions of previously considered content (e.g. the whole plague subplot with Iorveth and the Wild Hunt invasion of Novigrad).

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope it get delayed again, given the 10th December...next delay will be for 2021.
They won't. The Cyberpunk dev team has a profit share written into the contract for the year of release that lasts until December 31st of the year it releases. If they move it into 2021 they'll have to extend the profit share period significantly meaning a significantly larger payout to employees.

This is borderline scam :lol:

"dude we are going to get you share of this year profit"

"oh we are delaying it again btw so we have only 1 week+ worth of sales for you"

Hellion

Arcane
Expected development. They were rightfully too scared to release the game so close to Ubisoft's new Assassin's Creed game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom