Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Longes

Augur
So, accusations against Avellone now definitely were a power grab.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Funnily enough, the guts of what she's saying is a legit golden rule of writing: Dialogue and writing in general should always be in service of something. Don't waffle aimlessly.

But she described it in a laborious, elongated way.

Apparently someone's never read Finnegan's Wake.

I'm not sure there are many people who actually did it through.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Let's be real: why is this project handled in such retarded manner? When Paradox went full retard?!

Putting literally twitter nobodies with retarded personas, 0 gud writing credential in lead position on your first major AA RPG in order to replace original genius behind Bloodlines, as mentally fucked and cucked as he is, still good-great writer, is corporate dumbfuckery of 99th level. Corpos are supposed to have +2 intelligence

Her salary is likely significantly lower than whatever Mitsoda was getting. She ought to complain about it and get fired herself. :M

Wesp5

Arcane
Mods will fix it, i'm sure there will be a dedicated modder that will put in his entire lifetime to fix the game.

Although this was probably meant ironic, for a modder to fix a game it must be something special first. For example after a year we have three TOW ini mods ;)!

Longes

Augur
I just don't understand these Avellone accusations. They are all "he hit on me once=rape". How retarded do you have to be to make an unwanted advance into a metoo case.
There's a video on youtube compiling and cross-referencing the allegations of everyone involved, and it boils down to "Karissa hated Avellone for years because he had a bad breakup with Karissa's friend, so she used her clique to attack Avellone."

I just don't understand these Avellone accusations. They are all "he hit on me once=rape". How retarded do you have to be to make an unwanted advance into a metoo case.
There's a video on youtube compiling and cross-referencing the allegations of everyone involved, and it boils down to "Karissa hated Avellone for years because he had a bad breakup with Karissa's friend, so she used her clique to attack Avellone."
Well, that's hardly news. It's not just any youtuber, it's our own David Cernat . He documented his findings in Gaming Drama thread about MeToo'ed Avellone.

Last edited:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This is what the thread should have been from the beginning.

As for "everyone is crazy but me" I realised something when I was replaying Kingmaker before my psu exploded.

When I was younger I was chaotic good in these games just following what seemed like the "right" thing to do.

Now I'm Lawful Evil, everything else is the same.

Anyone prepared for some Andromeda tier writing? I always wished for a Bloodlines sequel but I guess "be careful what you wish for" is more appropriate now.

:despair:
maxresdefault.jpg

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Based on LinkedIn, she hasn't worked anywhere for more than 2 years, so she probably won't be at Hardsuit long.

Although her fluffing skill is high - at each place is a lonnnnng list of accomplishments, which is a bad sign of Overinflating Resume-itis.

Caim

Arcane
FYI: she lost her job at ArenaNet because of a restructuring that laid of 100+ people, so she's not the woman who got the boot for going on about white supremacy.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
FYI: she lost her job at ArenaNet because of a restructuring that laid of 100+ people...

Companies keep people they want to keep. B and C-listers are usually on the chopping block.

...so she's not the woman who got the boot for going on about white supremacy.

White Supremacy Woman: Is this her? https://twitter.com/Gaohmee

The two are friends, it turns out. I wasn't aware Scheurle got the boot for white supremacy, I thought she got fired because she was unstable and not doing any work because she was away protesting all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom