Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

jungl

Augur
After seeing the demo they released months ago it really spiked my scamstarter meter. You think the kraut government would help make this happen if they made that mediocre game elex happen.

Mortmal

Arcane
5q4VLvV.png

It's funny , some day at the beggining i linked something from the trove on the discord , an old PDF for D&D, and they jumped at my throat that they were so against piracy and some guy proudly linked drivethrurpg. Now what i see is they are not working on it , delivered a buggy combat demo to the poor souls who paid higher tier, and basically stole me money... Such moral highground now. I can understand what went wrong with chaos chronicle and their "evil" publisher , they are just bunch of wanker unable to deliver. Solasta guys could, even pierre begue all alone could deliver, and those games are likely even more complex .I doubt anyone will take any risks with them anymore.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After seeing the demo they released months ago it really spiked my scamstarter meter. You think the kraut government would help make this happen if they made that mediocre game elex happen.
The German government recently announced during Gamescom 2020 that there would be a €40 million budget that would be used to help German game developers with their projects. I was 100% certain that these guys would apply for some of that money. I think they already got money at an earlier date, but it shouldn't mean that they can try again.

vazha

Arcane
The German government recently announced during Gamescom 2020 that there would be a €40 million budget that would be used to help German game developers with their projects. I was 100% certain that these guys would apply for some of that money. I think they already got money at an earlier date, but it shouldn't mean that they can try again.
My guess would be they applied for it earlier, got it, squandered it and therefore are ineligible to apply it.

Last edited:

Sinatar

Arbiter
If you develop a game in a first world country and work from even a modest office you need approximately 10k a month per person on your team. Shit goes fast.

Dodo1610

Arcane
If they have no team actively working on the game then it's dead! Literally no publisher on this planets even talks with you these days if you have don't have a full team and the money to pay them!

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How can you squander all kickstarter money and a grant from the government? That's some next level shit right there.

I'm sitting on a project that is four years late and 2 million euros over budget.

And it it is waaaaaaaaaaaay less complex technically than any cRPG.

If anything, any budget they've had has been fabulously optimistic.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How can you squander all kickstarter money and a grant from the government? That's some next level shit right there.

I'm sitting on a project that is four years late and 2 million euros over budget.

And it it is waaaaaaaaaaaay less complex technically than any cRPG.

If anything, any budget they've had has been fabulously optimistic.
If you can afford a 4 year delay and 2 million euro over budget, you aren't in the same category as these devs.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Someone should update the title, for a few seconds I forget this game is dead and then a whole new flood of disappointment comes in...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom