Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
CD Projekt plans some "organizational changes" in technical departments. "Too many things were put together at late stages."

This does not make sense. It sounds like this is their first game and they learned something the hard way.

I work in software development and it is very easy to get totally lost in details and lose sight of the bigger picture. That is why we have project managers who keep things focussed and on track.
If too many things were put together late, it is the fault of project management, not the techies.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I won't even try to save face, I legitimately thought they'd meet the Nov. 19th date.

It seems that even themselves believe that. They still confirming the game will come out on time right before they annouce the delay.

krilcebre

Learned
Every company with poor management always announces "organizational changes in technical departments", even tho most of the time it's management departments that fuck things up consistently, by putting too much pressure on teams for long time periods, having unrealistic expectations, and other stuff. And, from my experience, it never works - hence why they still have long ass crunch times, even tho I'm sure they went through a bunch of organizational changes already. Same people in management - same result every time.

...the fuck?

i don't really get why people are melting down so hard today lol. it's just another delay, which sucks, but that's about my only thoughts on it. game probably runs like 15fps on one of the old consoles or is fucked on stadia or something like that. i'm very hyped for the game but i just can't even bothered getting angry over waiting longer

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
...the fuck?

i don't really get why people are melting down so hard today lol. it's just another delay, which sucks, but that's about my only thoughts on it. game probably runs like 15fps on one of the old consoles or is fucked on stadia or something like that. i'm very hyped for the game but i just can't even bothered getting angry over waiting longer

It's just your typcial internet trolling that exists for more over than 30 years now. People crying over """""DEATH THREATS""""" over Twitter, give me a fucking break.

Naraya

Arcane
...the fuck?

Gamers are entitled, news at 11.
People are bored cos COVID.
People are angry cos COVID.
It's super popular to hate on CDPR.
Schadenfreude is prestigious.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The fact that Anita Sarkeesian is still alive should tell you enough about so called "Death Threats" over the internet.

kangaxx

Arbiter

this time for real arthur
one last time, i swear

Someone on Reddit stole your gag.

just

Liturgist
and most likely will do so again

More than likely IMO. I'm no dev, but a few additional weeks doesn't seem all that meaningful to me, at least for a project of this size.
haha yeah when you'll run the game on dec 10 it will be a msg please wait 1 more week cyberbros but they'll let you could tinker with the graphic settings so it's cool

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

As you clearly see Twitch streamers are becoming derranged because of delay, and trying to blame themselves for delay that caused them to play Witcher 3 again.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
CD Projekt CEO Adam Kicinski on Cyberpunk 2077 delay: "The game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles."

http://biznes.pap.pl/en/news/all/in...d-projekt-video-games-on-cyberpunk-2077-delay

:M

FUTURE PROJECT (IMPACT OF THE DELAY): CD Projekt plans some "organizational changes" in technical departments. "Too many things were put together at late stages." - CEO Kicinski

I wonder which lead's head is going to be on the chopping block after game releases considering last-gen optimization was the cause for this delay.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
The rumour is Google paid then a ton of money to have Cyberpunk as their launching title
Launching title? Google Stadia has already been around, with plenty of games available. AC: Odyssey was their flagship game during beta.

Naraya

Arcane
I'm not suggesting anything, but:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...legions-has-a-game-breaking-bug-on-xbox-one-x

Watch Dogs: Legion, the third in Ubisoft's urban open world series, has a game-breaking bug at launch on Xbox One X that can make progress in its campaign impossible. Ubisoft is working to remedy the matter in a hotfix due at the end of this week.

The issue appears to be triggered around 6-8 hours into the main campaign (during a mission called - I kid you not - 404). Our reviewer reported the game freezes at a certain point and the Xbox console warns it is about to shut down, as it's designed to, because of overheating - which it duly does. It's an issue we've anecdotally heard has happened to multiple reviewers of the game on Xbox One X - Ubisoft's recommended platform for reviewers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom