Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Semiurge

Cipher
what if coronavirus was invented by the vampire aristocracy in order to normalize masks and accomodate the "i was embraced with non retractable fangs" lobby

this is from the things i'd post if this thread didn't give me depression

It's only the test run. Next time China will release a real killer and be the sole country with a vaccine.

They all have pronouns in bio which is, frankly, very encouraging.

Imagine what it must be like for the only employee without them in his/her bio. This is the equivalent of wearing flair in Office Space.

Bonus question: How have these degenerate, anxiety ridden, incapable for life, literally retarded pronoun clowns grabbed entire Western political, scientific, financial and art elite by the balls? Me from only 5 years ago if time traveled to present would be: WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO WORLD????

They were all sleeper agents, now awakened. The products of the last two decade's campus propaganda.

Maybe we are not the honest ones. How many gud classics, operas, theater plays etc. were published during Weimar Republic or Fall of Rome? Current culture simply won't allow any big profile incline, except by still non-cucked parts of World. Do you realise that for past 5 years there have been: ZERO gud.tm RPG studios from USA. Let me repeat their number: Z E R O

We need to treat this mass insanity with spilling of blood, letting bad blood out. Medieval Doctor Style

Try this for a size - maybe RPG's just aren't as bankable now as they once were. There's a time for everything, the time for digital RPG's might be over for good.

You know what? FUCK! I'll just say it! These retarded snowflakes need actual dictatorship.tm for them to actually be oppressed and improve their writing by going throu real life struggles. I'll be happy to foster for them that stimulating environment /endrant

Writing was ×3000 better during Cold War

They need tight cubicles with this

playing through loudspeakers, with the requirement of singing along.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
If her twats and responses are anything to go by, the entire industry is lining up to offer her a cushy job. And anybody interviewing her must be mortified of the consequences of turning this brave revolutionary away.

That she didn't catch a stray bullet during the POZZ mostly peaceful protests will haunt this industry for decades.

Given her association with Wallshagger there as another ex-ArenaNet politician pretending to gamedev, they seem more the type to wander out onto an interstate when people are yelling "CAR!" several times, spin around in circles trying to get it into frame, then end up getting hit by the announced car. Reference, and for extra fun, from the POV of the streamer herself when she was (a)live.

Imagine Mitsoda's face reading the replacement news and some twats around it.

I really want to know why Paradox torpedoed their entire publicity campaign of Mitsoda being everything and a sign of the second coming of Bloodlines, only to replace the lead role with ArenaNet / BioWare layoff bait.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Given her association with Wallshagger there as another ex-ArenaNet politician pretending to gamedev, they seem more the type to wander out onto an interstate when people are yelling "CAR!" several times, spin around in circles trying to get it into frame, then end up getting hit by the announced car. Reference, and for extra fun, from the POV of the streamer herself when she was (a)live.

I feel like she is the type to do this, and she HAS done it, except in her case, people were shouting "PROJECT?" "PROJECT?" "WORK?" to her several times while she was ignoring her project until it got canceled and she got hit with a pink slip and moving boxes.

The fact she was complaining and whining on Twitter about it was just sad. Do the work you're hired for, already - your stances-for-the-common-good-as-long-as-it-is-your-common-good-and-no-one-elses you can do in your own time with the rest of your dangerhair friends.

I really want to know why Paradox torpedoed their entire publicity campaign of Mitsoda being everything and a sign of the second coming of Bloodlines, only to replace the lead role with ArenaNet / BioWare layoff bait.

Honestly, since there was no upside apparent, my suspicion (skip to #8 for most likely the real reason):

1. Mitsoda dug in his heels about something PDX or Hardsuit wanted to change, perhaps more than once.
2. Mitsoda is rumored not to like editing his own work as far back as Troika - but edits are necessary.
3. The voice acting budget was probably pretty high, so if nothing is cut, that could be a problem.
4. Mitsoda and Cluney were allies-in-development and together, pushed back against changes. If the game is late and changes are needed to downscale it, this could be a problem.
5. Mitsoda is rumored to be not easy to work with.
6. Mitsoda is rumored to be less reactive with narrative and favors more "you must see this" path story exposure than maybe Paradox wanted for an RPG.
7. Paradox probably got localization costs back and said, "some of this has to go, please, we beg you."
8. Hardsuit and Paradox are idiots and don't understand how to make a sequel to Bloodlines 1... but they do know what the smell of money burning smells like and they don't like it.
Bonus Edit: Turns out Samantha Wallbanger is also friends with one of the designers on the project, the delightful cunt Erik Waaaaaananen who has been there less than a year. Perhaps he needed company and nepotism filled that desire nicely, players be damned.

Overall, big mistake to hype Mitsoda, fire Mitsoda. Both studios don't have anyone else to blame except themselves - Hardsuit got what they wanted, they used Mitsoda to secure the project (and PDX bought a good chunk of the company, too) and they thought he became more of a liability than a help, then the axe falls.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
source.gif

What a shitshow. No Codex newspost to commemorate Mitsoda getting replaced with some sjw hack, it's becoming a trend.

sys0nar

Educated
Anyone wanna place a prize-less bet for how many days after release it will take for a nudity mod to be released?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Bonus question: How have these degenerate, anxiety ridden, incapable for life, literally retarded pronoun clowns grabbed entire Western political, scientific, financial and art elite by the balls? Me from only 5 years ago if time traveled to present would be: WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO WORLD????
Being Eastern barbarians, our simple brains are just incapable of comprehending all the glory of praising the degeneracy the most progressive liberal values of today's world, including, but not limited to, faggotry, self-mutilation, racemixing, decline of values, misandry and self-destructing behavior.

Caim

Arcane
FYI: she lost her job at ArenaNet because of a restructuring that laid of 100+ people...
Companies keep people they want to keep. B and C-listers are usually on the chopping block.
...so she's not the woman who got the boot for going on about white supremacy.
White Supremacy Woman: Is this her? https://twitter.com/Gaohmee

The two are friends, it turns out. I wasn't aware Scheurle got the boot for white supremacy, I thought she got fired because she was unstable and not doing any work because she was away protesting all the time.
What a surprise that her recent tweets are all about going through interviews until she finds an employer desperate enough to pay her to put up with her shit.
Note how she still hasn't updated her twitter bio, it says she's still with ArenaNet.

Cael

Arcane
FYI: she lost her job at ArenaNet because of a restructuring that laid of 100+ people...

Companies keep people they want to keep. B and C-listers are usually on the chopping block.

...so she's not the woman who got the boot for going on about white supremacy.

White Supremacy Woman: Is this her? https://twitter.com/Gaohmee

The two are friends, it turns out. I wasn't aware Scheurle got the boot for white supremacy, I thought she got fired because she was unstable and not doing any work because she was away protesting all the time.

What a surprise that her recent tweets are all about going through interviews until she finds an employer desperate enough to pay her to put up with her shit.
You guys realise that "gaoh" sounds like the Cantonese word for "play". That is Cantonese slang for doing bad things to someone, usually via reputational damage or gaslighting, but can be overt like deliberately sabotaging someone's work (i.e., someone is getting "played", to use a similar English slang). "Play me" is a typical cry when the victim finds out that he's been played. Interesting, isn't it, that she chose that for her handle, given what she does.

Cael

Arcane
Bonus Edit: Turns out Samantha Wallbanger is also friends with one of the designers on the project, the delightful cunt Erik Waaaaaananen who has been there less than a year. Perhaps he needed company and nepotism filled that desire nicely, players be damned.
One of the things shit employees do when they get into a management position is to hire all their friends and allies so that they are given some protection from whatever the company tries to do later. See it all the time in the corporate world.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
One of the things shit employees do when they get into a management position is to hire all their friends and allies so that they are given some protection from whatever the company tries to do later. See it all the time in the corporate world.

Not sure what the hiring chronology was, but actually, Samantha was fired from ArenaNet while Scheurle was lead designer I think, so that's.... awkward.

Mitsoda's wife works at ArenaNet now, even more awkward.

Scheurle getting fired... not awkward, anyone could have seen that coming except her. It was like what happened when the other ArenaNet fem (Price?) lashed out on Twitter against someone "mansplaining" to her and then got fired for it - anyone could have seen that coming except her.

Maybe Samantha can return the favor and get Sheurle a job with Hardsuit.

One interesting aspect is that once they land woke jobs, they themselves get a wake-up call about what really matters: doing your job, being professional, and being respectful of your audience.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Scheurle getting fired... not awkward, anyone could have seen that coming except her. It was like what happened when the other ArenaNet fem (Price?) lashed out on Twitter against someone "mansplaining" to her and then got fired for it - anyone could have seen that coming except her.

Jessica Price failed to learn that lesson so well that she leaves it off her Linkedin. Peter Fries tried to simp for her and got shitcanned from his 13 years there at ArenaNet to end up as "Lead Narrative Writer" for Wildcard (ARK, so his job is basically as the incarnation of fake tits on a zombie worthless). I'm guessing she's waiting for a nepotism hire offer, but it seems like even her own ilk rightfully consider her to be too much of a company liability for them to work with.

One interesting aspect is that once they land woke jobs, they themselves get a wake-up call about what really matters: doing your job, being professional, and being respectful of your audience.

Calling community content creators who participated in talking shop with the community (I guess you're just supposed to have her womansplain it all out?) as "rando asshats" exposed that she had a very limited skillset for someone in her position. The same goes for anyone who wants to be treated special and have everything padded because they have udders, either natural or aftermarket.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
MS: Andromeda wasn't a bad game on its own. The issue was that it proceeded a trilogy that is considered one of the best of all time (even if MS 3's ending was unpopular).

Yeah, that mod has their head firmly lodged up their own ass. The one thing (some) people seemed to like about Andromeda was the combat. Which is in no way an argument for hiring one of the writers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom