Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Raiders! Forsaken Earth - post-apocalyptic raider management

orcinator

Liturgist
Bump for incline.
Q4 2020
Buying full price on release, fuck it.
ss_c562eae0574f58592993faf5dadb15d9a2e42b29.1920x1080.jpg

:takemymoney:
Reminds me of the Caravaneer flash game. Why the fuck did it take someone so long to create something like it?

"Decimate up to 20/40/60%"
That's a bit above the quota isn't it?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/972010/view/5458885106175264292

New Launch Date: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020
Raiders! will be launching on Tuesday, November 10th, 2020

e457db48c3d66f48c86f36a47213711d2b383ebe.png

Just posting a quick announcement that the launch date will be moved to November 10th, 2020.

Few motivations for this include this week being an absolute bloodbath of big games being launched, as well as one particular 125,000 pound (follower) behemoth titled The Outer Worlds that sidled into the same October 23rd launch date as Raiders a few weeks after I had selected it.

Another issue is the upcoming Halloween sale and how it could negatively affect launch week visibility.

And third and most importantly, this gives me just a bit more time to test and polish things before launch, in particular the combat layer.

Thanks for your patience!

CreativeStorm

Creative Storm Entertainment
Developer
Crew consisting of 50% female raiders, fucking decline.

Shit, if you don't like females in your party, you can always butcher them for meat.

Even though the term has evolved from its original Roman etymology, I do see your point. I'll change the text to read "reduce" instead.

agris

Arcane
Patron

Shit, if you don't like females in your party, you can always butcher them for meat.

Even though the term has evolved from its original Roman etymology, I do see your point. I'll change the text to read "reduce" instead.
Game looks like it has teeth, good work! I'll definitely be trying it.

You use a lot of colorful language for the in-game text, don't neuter "decimate" because of some forum pedagogy. Maybe "slaughter", "massacre" or "indiscriminately kill"?

CreativeStorm

Creative Storm Entertainment
Developer

Game looks like it has teeth, good work! I'll definitely be trying it.

You use a lot of colorful language for the in-game text, don't neuter "decimate" because of some forum pedagogy. Maybe "slaughter", "massacre" or "indiscriminately kill"?

Ah, good ol' Myron from Fallout 2. Looking at my Steam account just now, I see that I've put a 166 hours into that game. Likely give it another playthrough once I've released Raiders.

No worries, I don't plan on watering anything down with the game. I thought about keeping the language clean in the early days, but quickly decided against that.

XenomorphII

Prophet
It's okay. Combat and the game both feel fun at first, then just sort of plateau and don't seem to really go anywhere. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Cannot seem to build up the resources to do stuff, so just roll around with 8 max level guys raiding and wrecking shit, which makes the game push into its next phase, which seems like a bad thing since my garrison guys suck so bad and they cannot defend anything. The little weak stuff cannot just be auto smashed, and the fear mechanic feels neat but I don't feel like I am getting enough of it to actually be doing both the laws and extortion. May try a different approach and see what happens. It is fun though, and I'm going to play it more.

Edit: Forgot to say, I do really like that your weapon levels up with you. It is a neat mechanic, that allows for a variety of equipped stuff instead of everyone having X cause it is the best. Also after playing more, feel like I absolutely screwed up the development of my base initially which is why I'm not getting into fancy stuff, but I am slowly improving now.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Can you properly rape and pillage? Seeing that somehow you can have female raiders, they might avoid doing the first one in-game. Unless said fem-raiders are ugly, freakishly strong, or the favorites of another raider.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
so, this is a strategy simulation game while battle brothers is an rpg, right?
what kind of retard decides these things here?

lightbane

Arcane
All you do is pillage. There is no rape. But you can slaughter people for food.
Funnily enough, checking the video there are female raiders, and they're apparently the default choice, but they're invariably ugly and freakish-looking, so it is somewhat fitting. SJWs won't approve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom