Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Relics - The Recur of Origin Translation Project

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
We thought about taking on a project that looked interesting but unfortunately we ran into some "compression" garbage... Hoping that posting this thread might attract some skilled help to figure it out. There is a preliminary patch made at the moment which translates some simple things to English.

1249-ropiwfamvk.png

https://www.zophar.net/translations/pc/english/relics-the-recur-of-origin.html

Geneklein

Barely Literate
Hi MrRichard999, I registered specifically to thank you for taking the effort to translate the Relics game. I added the series (As well as other Bothtec titles) to Mobygames a few years ago. I was wondering if you could add some useful trivia bits or any other information to my submissions?
Considering my lack of Japanese knowledge, I wouldn't be too surprised if I got some things wrong while I was hunting for info.
Also, I wanted to point out that while adding the information about the games I found out that the 2nd Birth has some nasty compatibility issues where the game won't boot past the launcher unless you're running it on a Windows 98 OS so the second title's translation would probably be harder to tackle without patching the game somehow.

11charlim

Barely Literate
Nice observation, Geneklein. Long time no see.
Installing tRoO is a challenge on anything newer than XP too. And I'm responsible a little bit for the sudden interest in this game, to be honest.

The only game that seems to run well on modern systems is RINNE.

Last edited:

Geneklein

Barely Literate
Thanks! Though I'm not sure I remember you... :oops:
I don't remember running into issues with installing the Recur of Origin though. The game worked on my Windows 7 PC, I could've used something like AppLocale to run it though, it's been a while since I last played it :)
As for RINNE, the game is a real mistery. Released on the same date as Ys III: the Oath in Felghana, with only a small press release on Softbank's site, one can only wonder if they planned to just have it fade into obscurity...
To make things worse, I've yet to find credits of the game to see how much Nihon Falcom was involved in its development. All the info online points to the fact that the game was finished by them as a favor for Bothtec, seemingly because this company handled many of their ports to Japanese mobiles. But there's Bothtec copyright in the game files so I'm hoping I can get a hold of a recording of a longplay of the game to shed some light on its development. It's definitely not something that matches Falcom's style.
By the way, would there be any interest in other Bothtec titles being translated? CrEastar: Planets in Legend looks like a very interesting game and even the original Relics game would be a good project to quickly go through (The only Japanese text there is the introduction and the ending, and only the MSX1 version released in Europe had these in Engrish)
Just a thought :roll:

11charlim

Barely Literate
Here's a quick tool to decrypt and re-encrypt DAT files.

EDIT: Should work with The 2nd Birth and Rinne too.

Uhhh, zwoelf, may I ask you to share this file again? The filedropper link went down, and I happen to need some help in decyphering/recyphering.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Hi MrRichard999, I registered specifically to thank you for taking the effort to translate the Relics game. I added the series (As well as other Bothtec titles) to Mobygames a few years ago. I was wondering if you could add some useful trivia bits or any other information to my submissions?
Considering my lack of Japanese knowledge, I wouldn't be too surprised if I got some things wrong while I was hunting for info.
Also, I wanted to point out that while adding the information about the games I found out that the 2nd Birth has some nasty compatibility issues where the game won't boot past the launcher unless you're running it on a Windows 98 OS so the second title's translation would probably be harder to tackle without patching the game somehow.

I didnt know I missed this... Sorry for the late reply. 11Charlim I think is going to work on it for the meantime while me and Zwanzig finish off Phantasie IV first. I'll see when the time comes if we can figure out something for that 2nd entry with the compatibility stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom