Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls Remake

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks pretty and boring.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the backgrounds are kind of cool, but basically hate the effects, character and monster art. It definitely didn't make me interested in getting it or a PS5.

I did recognize what areas they were in though and it made me want to go dig out my PS3 to replay the original, so that's something I guess.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

I must admit the visuals themselves look pretty good
A nice mix between realism and stylization
That parts with the storm king, the cathedral, latria and even the mines were almost eye candy
Too bad the artstyle is still so generic and botched compared to the original...

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
jMUnE2r.jpg

HU7UFm6.jpg

C6XH1fp.jpg

Lyd9HBn.jpg

:dealwithit:

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Looks and sounds like shit. Remakes and adaptations and translations and whatever else can never help themselves and feel like taking ‘artistic’ shits on everything and even have the stupidity to call it faithful. Always. Can't these people just calm the fuck down and NOT filter everything through their shitty orchestras and colour correction?

Generic-Giant-Spider

nigga if i lost half my legs i'd still be more able bodied than STEVEN SPOHN lmao lmao lmao

its cool he cant kill me anyways, ill just chill on the ceiling. whats he gon do? stand up and smack me? LOL

fuk cripples

Jinn

Arcane
Fucking play a different game if you don't like a fundamental aspect of the game at hand. Jesus fucking christ, these morons never miss an opportunity to display their weak characters and sense of entitlement.

Adon

Arcane

New flamelurker theme.
if you had told me this is a track from Dark Souls 3, I would believe you. Utterly generic and unmemorable.

:majordecline:

This comes off as no surprise given the youtube video shows that the real horror of Halloween this year is that Bluepoint is creatively bankrupt, but think highly of themselves. But I guess this was always the case since they never produce their own work.

Ezekiel

Arcane

As I've been saying on every gaming forum I frequent, I'd be REALLY concerned about revisionism from this video. Even if it's the same score, it won't be the same music. That one of the people in the video said he's nervous about fans' reactions implies there is no original audio option. Wouldn't surprise me if they excluded the option just to fit this game on a BD-50 or BD-66. Or out of disinterest and arrogance.

Shrimp

Arbiter
As I've been saying on every gaming forum I frequent, I'd be REALLY concerned about revisionism from this video. Even if it's the same score, it won't be the same music. That one of the people in the video said he's nervous about fans' reactions implies there is no original audio option. Wouldn't surprise me if they excluded the option just to fit this game on a BD-50 or BD-66. Or out of disinterest and arrogance.

I doubt there's going to be an option for using the original music. See:
From Polyamoryfuckedmywife interview with Bluepoint games:

“Unfortunately, the music that was recorded for the original version was digital only,” Moore said. “And I think the score by Shunsuke Kida is so good that to do it real justice on the PlayStation 5, we had to make sure it was recorded by a full orchestra. So we created a modern reimagining of Shunsuke Kida’s amazing score with dramatic new arrangements. We went to AIR Studios in London and we recorded that with a full orchestra [and a] full choir. We even recorded a famous pipe organ in Temple Church in London. And that runs as a theme for the music, giving it this really dark, wonderful, flowing sound. I think there are 120 of the finest musicians in the world on this score. It’s stunning. I think people are just gonna love the way the music sounds.”

"And just as the music has been recorded, so has the game’s dialogue. There’s good news on the front: “We approached the original cast and asked them to come back and take on their incredible, iconic roles,” Moore said. “And we were very lucky to get many of those [people] back. Obviously, some people, their voices changed or they moved on from acting, but we did get many of them back. And we re-recorded all the new dialogue. That was an incredible experience for us.”

Vyadhis

Learned
There should just be an option to play with the old soundtrack or arranged one like in FF12 Zodiac Age or FFX HD.

edit - but hey at least the music doesn't seem like DS3 where every boss theme has a goddamn chorus.

Raskens

Learned
Patron
The only improvement over the original seems to be that healing grass actually weighs something

sullynathan

Arcane
And the frame rate, and hopefully the world tendency and glitches part

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom