Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Kickstarter started well then dropped masivelly as usual and then picked up,then dropped this is weird pattern there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/2994926

60% Funded!

We reached 60%, with more than 1700 backers, which is fantastic news! Thank you again folks! We have a few, pretty cool stretch goals prepared for when we pass our initial goal, and we're super excited to tell you all about them. Until then, let's take another look at the secrets of the studio, and some of us are working on these days:

0c9cb90a25fc6c0f7bdb8370a6e7cb46_original.JPG

You might already be familiar with this specific shot from our website or social channels, but the eagle-eyed of you might discover a hint or two about what it actually is. Anyways, we think it looks pretty cool!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/2997851

Hero Spotlight - Sir Mordred

King Arthur: Knight's Tale will bring along 5 classes and more than 30 different heroes, well-known from the Arthurian myths. In the coming days, we'll take a look at the most prominent ones of them, and give you a little insight into their past and personalities. Who better to start with than your champion, Sir Mordred himself? He's the one who struck down on Arthur - but what else should you know about him? Find out below!

Sir Mordred was the nemesis of King Arthur, destined to battle the Once and Future King in their final duel. He fulfilled his destiny and they both died – or didn’t they?

Sir Mordred has a reputation of a dread knight, a ruthless, grim warrior in pursuit of the throne of Britannia. His slide into Arthur’s nemesis was gradual, though, as his growing conflicts with the King eventually made him the leader of the army set out to conquer Camelot, earning him the title of traitor on behalf of his fellow knights who remained faithful to Arthur. It is undeniably true that he never suffered fools easily and his relentless actions were always far from the knightly deeds praised by the troubadours, but he always kept the interests of the realm in sight.

Sir Mordred

Class: Defender

Morality: Mordred has been given a new chance to redeem himself or walk the same path as before – what will you choose?

a421a2e71c2b11cb45e6df325bdc0b1e_original.jpg

Is this how you greet the new lord of Camelot?

Our next social goals are within a hand's reach! Make sure to check out and follow our social channels, and join the conversation!

Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | YouTube | Twitch

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/2998695

A Little Sneak Peek...

We sneaked up on our artists to check out what they're cooking right now. Those horns look menacing!

13092042a6ab20241434de6ad0b87145_original.JPG

41414d4f0ec5a3bb31fab59407809a5b_original.JPG

King Arthur: Knight's Tale will have 7 different enemy factions and more than 50 type of enemy units - including these monstrous beings - populating diverse terrains, from dark castle dungeons to the forests of the Sídhe.

By the way, later today we'll have another update, diving deeper into how heroes will work in King Arthur: Knight's Tale. Stay tuned!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/2998923

Hero Spotlight - Merlin

Let's continue our hero spotlight, shall we? Today we brought along probably the most famous hero of the Arthurian myths - barring the Once and Future King, of course. His powers have been praised many a time, and his magic knew no bounds. Let's take a look at Merlin himself!

The legendary wizard, an ageless, mysterious presence who has been haunting Britannia since time immemorial. Merlin had been there before young Arthur pulled the sword out of the stone and changed Britannia forever and the wizard’s role in that majestic event is still unclear; Merlin was also seen during the Battle of Camlann, and yet, no one seems to know clearly which side he fought on. He is an enigma, a power that cannot be controlled, a wanderer with strong ties to the Lady of the Lake. Presently his whereabouts are unknown.

Merlin

Morality: Rightful-Old Faith

Class: Arcanist

33f371f2d7a55da562d1a09dc87463a7_original.jpg

"You accuse me of speaking in riddles, but I am not talking to you. I converse with the storms and the seas and the gods that came before your kind."

Want to discuss all of this and more? Make sure to join the conversation on our social channels:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/2999939

Know Your Enemy - Banshee & Knight of Midnight

In this new series, we're going to take a look at some of the enemy units your heroes will encounter in King Arthur: Knight's Tale. Overall, we're adding 7 different enemy factions with more than 50 unit types and 10 really challenging boss fights to the game, so there's plenty to pick from. Let's kick things off with the Banshee and the Knight of Midnight.

Banshee
These frightening apparitions once served the Lady of the Lake. They used to be her white-robed enchantresses who protected the sacred springs of Avalon and assisted during the rituals. But when darkness came and madness swept away peace, many of these ladies died, and often they died very violently. When they returned – as most inhabitants of this magical island eventually do, one way or another –, they have turned into shrieking, frothing nightmares, raging over what they had lost.

cfade2f65a81e0eb06fd12ec973a75c5_original.jpg

Knight of Midnight
Midnight has swallowed the land and there is an ungodly warrior lurking beyond the veil of darkness. It is the demise of all heroes and it grows in strength with each battle. When you wander the deep woods, pray that you never fall asleep; and still, eventually you will doze off, and then the Knight of Midnight will make its presence known to you. You will hear the terrible beating of a colossal heart from the distance, and you will slowly stand up and follow the sound, never to return from the endless night.

2f0664abfa296fc8b32ce699986ba07d_original.jpg

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3000040

Hero Spotlight - Sir Galahad | Social Goals Update

We're back with another hero spotlight, this time around of Sir Galahad. You might have seen him appear in various novels, films and even video games before - but who was he, really? Read below to find out!

One of the famous Grail Knights of the Round Table, Sir Galahad was relentlessly pursuing the holy relic his entire life. As a devout believer with a mysterious past – legends claim that he was a heathen savage until he saw a vision that made him a Christian knight and set him after the Grail – Galahad is capable of doing great miracles. His feverish quest, however, slowly transformed him into a merciless zealot who smites down his enemies without any second thoughts and who is blinded by the light that shines so brightly around him.

Sir Galahad

Morality: Christian

933c89085a5f4b0d9ccd7677444afa66_original.jpg

“I will turn this island into Paradise even if I must burn it to ashes first.”

Social Goals Update
We also smashed some of our Social Goals - thank you all for participating so far! -, unlocking a mysterious easter egg that's going to be added to the game, and getting closer unlocking even more goodies! While we're working on the other unlocked goals, don't forget to join the community and help us get closer to the next milestone!

Friendly Shout Out
We just backed Arclands, a cool-looking RPG inspired city builder with wizards in it! It reminded us of old-school RTS games and management sims - if you're a fan of the genre, make sure to check out their campaign, it looks pretty awesome!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3001130

The Morality Chart

King Arthur: Knight's Tale follows the best traditions of turn-based tactical games and RPGs, but there is a new, innovative addition as well: the Morality Chart. Today we dive deep into this awesome feature which will define your playstyle and the characteristics of your regency!

This unique system will serve as indicator how your subordinates and enemies will judge you during the game. One axis of the chart represents Rightfulness and Tyranny, the other represents Old Faith and Christianity.

As you venture into new missions, you will be facing moral decisions which will move these values on the chart. Everything you do will be reflected here: it will show you exactly what kind of king you are.

Let's say there's a plague! What would you do? Sure, you can burn down every local building to stop its spread… but you can send in a healer as well. Riskier, but more humane! Or, let's say you happen upon a group of bandits harassing a merchant. You can deal with the robbers and let the merchant determine your reward, or... if you're in need, you can just take everything. So how do you decide? Tough questions!

The Morality Chart isn’t just a fancy display, it has deeper implications in the game mechanics as well, by unlocking:
  • New heroes - Morgan le Fay, for example, will only be available in a quest if you meet the criteria of the morality value: push towards Old Faith, have its followers trust you enough to ask for your help.
  • New abilities - Heroes have a special ability tied to their morality values. Heroes fighting alongside with other heroes who share the same world view might benefit from this in the party, perhaps gaining new skills and bonuses on existing skills!
  • New management actions - As a Tyrant you might be able demand tribute to solve the problem of an empty treasury, whereas as a Righteous king you might formulate a new law that will bring steady income at a slower, but steadier rate.
The loyalty of your heroes can be influenced by your standing on the Morality Chart (well, among other things). Some of your heroes’ values might stand in stark contrast to the values you represent (take both axes into consideration!), in this case, don’t always count on their support and loyalty.

In short, the Morality Chart is a versatile and central mechanic that can affect other game mechanics, determine the heroes you can hire, influence the cost and assembly speed of certain buildings, even the time and money spent on recovery.

As you play, always be mindful about the most important question at the heart of Knight’s Tale: what kind of king do you want to be?

jac8awol

Arbiter
This game is going to be great! I just hope there are enough non-jaded cash cows willing to get it funded so that misers like me can enjoy it in about 5 years time all patched up and discounted.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3001373

Hero Spotlight - Sir Lanval

Today's hero spotlight shines on Sir Lanval. Once an adventurous knight, he now serves Sir Mordred on his quest to save Avalon from Arthur's nightmares. Want to know more about him? Check out his story below!

Sir Lanval led an eventful life, pursuing adventures all over Britannia. He is knight with a hearty appetite and a boisterous presence. Minstrels sang often about his accomplishments, both on the field of battle and in the knightly courts, but most of the stories talk about how often he fell in love with the ladies of the Sidhe or how he was pursued by enamored enchantresses many times; how he rescued damsels in distress, or, on one occasion, how he was known to be rescued by a brave damsel.

Sir Lanval

Morality: Neutral

Class: Champion

6bee475bb7d7ad6b0f00fba39090076d_original.jpg

“To hell with your grand schemes and intentions! But promise me a tournament and a mighty feast and I will cut through an army to get there.”

Shoutout to our Kickstarter friends
Our friends over at Pavonis Interactive and Hooded Horse, currently on Kickstarter with Terra Invicta, are just a few hours away from their campaign's last day. If you like sci-fi, space, and/or 4X strategy games, definitely go ahead and check them out!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3002410

Know Your Enemy - Lost Knight & The Lady of Summer | 70% Reached!

We've just reached 70% funded and we're getting closer and closer to our goal! Thank you all for participating so far and helping us making this game as good as possible!

Let's continue today by introducing two new enemies from our unit type pool, this time the Lost Knight and The Lady of Summer.

Lost Knight
In the golden age of Avalon, knights were wandering the island seeking glorious adventure. They fought and fell, but eventually they always returned fully healed and in great spirits. But that was before Avalon succumbed to the taint. Knights are still roaming the land and they still fight, although without the joy and the vigor; and when they fall, they will still stand up again, but darkness fills them like an empty vessel, and darkness remains in them until midnight ends.

3b0920f598e6e946261b6a9b87fd6de3_original.jpg

The Lady of Summer
When the people of the Sidhe walked the mortal realms, they were always treated and feared like gods, and with good reason. The Lady of Summer represents one of the two aspects of the Sidhe, the Seelie Court, associated with summer, spring and daytime. But beware: you will be terribly mistaken if you dare to think that the Seelie are benevolent creatures – after all, they gain their powers from heat and fire. The Lady of the Summer might be more generous towards mortals as her counterpart in the Unseelie Court, but still, her thinking is entirely alien to humans – and to make matters worse, she is extremely powerful and dangerous.

bd96683d514e0678297e1324b8c79932_original.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3002563

Hero Spotlight - Sir Pelleas

In this update, we'll take a good look at Sir Pelleas, who was always there to protect those in need. But will he be there when you march up against the Once and Future King and his nightmares? His backstory might give you a few hints of what's to come.

Sir Pelleas is the stalwart protector of the downtrodden, acting like the embodiment of the very idea that led to the birth of the Round Table in the first place. He was always overshadowed by his more famous companions, but he never cared about glory or fame, and now, with darkness falling over the land, his selflessness is more needed than ever. Don’t let his righteousness fool you: he will never let anything or anyone stand in his way.

Sir Pelleas

Morality: Rightful

d5cb40ce60fb8fe6a4a0d113e2793301_original.jpg

“Stand aside, fair damsel! I am here to help. But beware, my lady, this might get quite messy.”

Friendly Shout Out
Today's Kickstarter shoutout goes to Romancelvania - this metroidvania definitely shakes up the genre with its unique theme! Vampires, mythological creatures, and some rather steamy fights await, so go ahead and check them out!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3003696

Know Your Enemy - Highwayman & Fomorian Beastman

Let's continue with our series and check out some of the beasts and ruffians that lurk on our heroes in every corner of this twisted, dark version of Avalon.

Highwayman
In the golden days of Avalon, when the Lady of the Lake was still watching over her magical island, everyone lived in prosperity. The fields and the trees and the rivers provided people with food copiously, without the need of any cultivation, and everyone was were well-fed and content. Then the terrible storm struck and the bells of midnight began to toll and everything has withered and putrefied. These are bleak times, when famine, despair and suffering turned many people into brigands and sent them preying on other innocent villagers.

4ec1757ea55fd2b1df3c702fad6802f7_original.jpg

Fomorian Beastman
The Fomorians are monstrous giants who lived at the dawn of time, when the gods of the Sidhe arrived to the mortal lands and destroyed them. Although the Fomorians disappeared into the twilight realm of Tir na nÓg, they always managed to appear again in different worlds and lands from time to time, wreaking havoc anywhere they marched. The Beastmen are their brutish warriors, who will not stop fighting until they spilled enough blood to satisfy their appetite for killing.

ae5a92f99a59e4cdfed5da26d462c276_original.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3004075

Sneak Peek from the Workshop

We've got a special bit of content this time around - something cool is in the works and we're here to offer a quick look. Without further ado:

“And so it came to pass that on that fateful day they finally marched against each other – the Once and Future King and his ruthless nemesis. The Battle of Camlann was meant to be the last confrontation for the future of Britannia, but it only unleashed a new tide of menace.”

What do you think? Let us know in the comments!

Friendly Shout Out
If you've been active on Kickstarter's lately, you might have already stumbled upon The Wandering Village - a beautiful, post-apocalyptic city builder from the amazing people at Stray Fawn Studio. Make sure to drop by and check them out!

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
King Arthur 1 was a 9/10 for me. King Arthur 2 was riddled with bugs - some game breaking - and I didn't even get the audio for the final movie on game completion. All of their action games after that were shit.

But credit where it is due: this game looks like it might be pretty awesome. Neocore really seem to go into the lore. Their art style in KA:TRPW was inspired and some of the best in the genre. Their RPG systems are good: you actually feel like your character just got massively more powerful, and Josh Sawyer balance be damned. They make effort with their items. There's quirks and RPG systems that other companies wouldn't touch with a barge pole: Golem and item crafting come to mind.

I'm getting a hard-on for this game. I'll buy it when it comes out. Hope I wont be scratching my balls from the interaction with it.

And I also hope they don't mess up the story. You don't just make King Arthur the 'big bad' lightly.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Its always online, look at what they did with Inquisitor and check how they avoid answering in backer comments. Reported it for misrepresentation of product by omission, its one thing to have Denuvo because it tends to work nowadays even if it makes games that have it have about 10-15% higher system requirements and longer loading times, it isnt catastrophe if its well implemented and it doesnt demand you be always online just that you are online once every few days so it can recheck. so Shitty but tolerable, But always Online AND DEVS OMITTING THAT PART. That is shitty as fuck.

not according to latest faq at least:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/faqs

Will I be able to play King Arthur: Knight's Tale offline?

King Arthur: Knight's Tale will support offline play, however, some features, such as leaderboards and achievements will only be available to online players.

When I made that claim they were actively refusing to answer and avoiding the question, despite the fact several people me icluded spammed twitter reddit facebook even discord, wanting clear answer.

Perhaps they just saw the feedback and figured they are losing kickstarter money because the KS audience is more choosy ?

I wouldn't mind throwing my money at a project like this, but Neocore has soured my experience with them after the second King Arthur game. I invested a huge amount of time into it, and then couldn't complete because of a game-breaking bug. Then I bought Van Helsing after several years in a sale, and it seemed pretty polished.

But the reviews for all of their games after that just kept citing balance and bug issues.

So does the Codex still think they're deserving of this reputation? Because (at the risk of giving out too much information) my boner for this game wants to know.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3003699

Hero Spotlight - Sir Brunor le Noir

Today's hero of the Round Table Round up is Sir Burnor le Noir. Led by his bloodlust and vengeance, he will surely come useful in fights against Avalon's most fearsome monsters. His story? Check it out!

When Sir Brunor arrived to Camelot, he wore the tattered coat of his murdered father, which earned him the attention of the court and several insulting remarks that he didn’t take too well, but at least he could prove immediately that with his fighting skills he is the equal of the knights of the Round Table. He wore the same bloodied rags until he avenged his father, but his bloodlust and craving for cruelty and vengeance remained unchanged even afterwards.

Sir Brunor le Noir

Morality: Tyrant

Class: Champion

2fed052b4964849b9b1869404cef7377_original.jpg

“Have you ever wondered what I did to those mongrels who killed my father? How eager are you to find out?”

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3003949

2000 backers!

We've just crossed 2000 backers and 85% funding, you're all amazing! Thank you for all the support you gave us in these past couple of weeks. We still have little more than 10 days until the campaign ends, so let's make the most out of it!

To make this last third even more interesting, we'll be diving deeper into hero traits and personalities, and also sharing our first stretch goals in the coming days. Until then, make sure to check out the sneak peek to Knight's Tale intro, released on Friday:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3007068

Join us for a Q&A stream next week!

One of the social goals you have already unlocked for Knight's Tale is a Q&A themed stream - and we're here to deliver! Join us next Tuesday, November 10 at 4PM CET / 10AM ET on our Twitch channel, https://www.twitch.tv/neocoregames and ask your questions about King Arthur: Knight's Tale - and about basically whatever you can think of. We'll be there to hang out with you and answer as many Qs as we can, so make sure to tune in and find out more about the game!

db12ae6a65e8e0b87564cc705c48295a_original.jpg

In the meantime, make sure to follow our Twitch channel above, and join the community on other platforms too!

Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | YouTube

We are getting very close to unlocking a Knight's Tale novella, free for everyone, so keep spreading the word!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom