Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not gay, so both your theories are wrong I'm afraid.

Semiurge

Cipher
Immunity to the grenades should be an implant not ability.

How the fuck are you immune to any grenade unless you're a terminator?

In games like Fallout or Underrail, to create a good build you need to have a good familiarity with the game systems (multiple playthroughs - restarts - reading forums/wikis - metagaming).

Since we've already derailed the thread and this will probably get split - handsome in a traditional masculine fashion or a more androgynous one? :shredder:

He wears red underwear, I hear...

"Redacted" - Land a critical hit and get an armour boost for 20 secs.

Is this Destiny or smth?

They should've dropped these nonsensical and boring perks and made everything about implants. Just rip off Deus Ex skills and progression and add tons of augmentations.

It's the tactic Diablo clones and looter shooters do to trick you into thinking stats matter when they don't. Have gear to incrementally increase stats through gear. And make enemies more and more spongy. With no regard to encounter design, gun mechanics, or brevity. Then add a long-winded skill tree that does much the same thing.

"Hmm, do I take the skill that gives me +2 to electrical damage or the skill that increases my soak to 0.03%. These are really tough decisions."

Diablo 2 pioneered this lazy approach to character building. And Borderlands made it worse before Warframe and Destiny came in for the kill. There are whole generations of people who think RPGs are just "those really long games with all the numbers and skill trees." Some of those people are developers who probably worked on Cyberpunk.

I'm doing Skype interviews with a lot these types for that REDACTED I'm working on and it beggars belief how few of them know anything about RPGs. Let alone other games. All hope is lost if you expect them to remember games from 10 years ago onwards.

Harthwain

Magister
Then why bother players with character developement?
Oh right, feeling of progress and acomplishment aka constant dose od dopamine powered with progress bars.
Because people can't play clean action games these days.
eh
Damn junkies! :argh:

It's incredible to me that in 2020 people are still designing games with these +10% crit damage perks. Do game designers not play any games?
Why did anyone expect anything different? If anything it does fit very well, considering who is making the game.

Witcher-3-full-combat-build.png

Hellraiser

Arcane
If this gets delayed again I think Andrzej Duda will probably step in. Cyberpunk 2077 sales probably make up about 70% of Poland's GDP, so it needs to come out sooner or later.

I hope not, the sooner the economy crashes and takes the government with it the better. We're fucked anyway, might as well already get it over with and start building on the ashes.

Although in all seriousness only Cyberpunk flopping could do any noticable economic damage and that would at worst crash the stock of a bunch of other game devs. If just CDP crashes it is only a problem for those who dumped money into it.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
I've got an idea, let's come up with perks for Cyberpunk 2077 and help poor devs design their hardcore rpg.

Protect the balls - do +2% more damage to an enemy if he has 10% more health than his neighbour aiming at your crotch.

A must have perk i would say.

Any ideas?

Hellraiser

Arcane
I've got an idea, let's come up with perks for Cyberpunk 2077 and help poor devs design their hardcore rpg.

Protect the balls - do +2% more damage to an enemy if he has 10% more health than his neighbour aiming at your crotch.

Any ideas?

Way of the shill - every time you make a dialog choice or action resulting in a reputation gain with a corp, you get 100 eddies and +5% extra reputation.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist

Any ideas?

Way of the shill - every time you make a dialog choice or action resulting in a reputation gain with a corp, you get 100 eddies.
Not bad, but you forgot to put some percentage there

Peachcurl

Cipher
I have another perk:

Prophetic weakness: Every hit attempt has a 2% chance to reveal a weakness that will or will not manifest in the future (next 10 seconds). If it does manifest (40% chance) you do 5% increased damage to your target. If your target expires before that, you are rewarded with 3.5% increase in street cred for 2 ingame hours.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
I suggest this game is tagged as Vaporware, until CDPR is actually released the damn game on release date.

Ruining my Birthday Friends plan Fuck you CDPR.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suggest this game is tagged as Vaporware, until CDPR is actually released the damn game on release date.

Ruining my Birthday Friends plan Fuck you CDPR.
I mean not releasing it on its release date is probably impossible. That the release date keeps changing is another discussion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom