Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
How is this for someone who's more into the story C&C than crpg combat?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
How is this for someone who's more into the story C&C than crpg combat?

Has a decent amount of C&C - major plot points play out differently depending on alignment - but it is the #1 place for crpg combat.

Trashos

Arcane
I would actually say that Kingmaker has a HUGE amount of C&C. I struggle to think of games with more C&C than this. It is just that it has even more combat than C&C.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I would actually say that Kingmaker has a HUGE amount of C&C. I struggle to think of games with more C&C than this. It is just that it has even more combat than C&C.

Yeah I agree. More than once, things happen later in the game that are related to choices you made in the first few levels that you'd forgotten about. I've never seen a game like it.

Not all consequences are momentous of course, sometimes it's just a fun little thing; but most notable choices seem to be linked to something that happens later. And playthroughs can feel quite different sometimes.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
My kingdom is failing to Pitax and I can't do anything about it? I cleared out the Bandit Camp, Monster Camp, I have the ritual remaining with storyteller but I can't do anything.

I have quests in Pitax but I can't actually go there, I just get blocked.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
My kingdom is failing to Pitax and I can't do anything about it? I cleared out the Bandit Camp, Monster Camp, I have the ritual remaining with storyteller but I can't do anything.

I have quests in Pitax but I can't actually go there, I just get blocked.
Are you absolutely sure you've done everything you can in the Pitaxian countryside?

There's also a Bard town you have to clear.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Only have the ritual and I have no idea how to activate it.

Trashos

Arcane
You have to do the relative project in order to do the ritual (I am assuming you are talking about entering Nyrissa's dream). After the project is done, you go talk to the Storyteller to start the ritual.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
You have to do the relative project in order to do the ritual (I am assuming you are talking about entering Nyrissa's dream). After the project is done, you go talk to the Storyteller to start the ritual.
No project for it, my community stat is about to fall to zero, and im getting warnings to watch my time. I have to auto or start over.

Trashos

Arcane
You should have gotten the project right when the Storyteller and Linzi came to you with the idea of entering Nyrissa's dream. Has this happened? Check under all the card categories.

The project takes a while to do, so I do not know if you have time to do it by now.

Desiderius

Patron
Any time you take any negative hit to a stat (other than an unlucky roll) that should set off massive alarm bells. No stat should be going down, let alone at zero.

Shinros

Learned
Any time you take any negative hit to a stat (other than an unlucky roll) that should set off massive alarm bells. No stat should be going down, let alone at zero.

He might be on the deal with the devil quest, the two stats impacted are community and loyalty.

No project for it, my community stat is about to fall to zero, and im getting warnings to watch my time. I have to auto or start over.

Do you have a quest in your journal called deal with the devil?

Desiderius

Patron
If the stat is close to zero he’s got bigger problems than that.

Andhaira

Arcane

Yeah I agree. More than once, things happen later in the game that are related to choices you made in the first few levels that you'd forgotten about. I've never seen a game like it.

Not all consequences are momentous of course, sometimes it's just a fun little thing; but most notable choices seem to be linked to something that happens later. And playthroughs can feel quite different sometimes.

You can have a huge number of playthroughs if you just play the mega-dungeon with different party compositions right? Ofcourse without story it will get boring quick, but still fun to try individual builds and party builds

By the way, how does the OFFICIAL turnbased mode compare with the fan patch? Is there any real difference?

Shinros

Learned
If the stat is close to zero he’s got bigger problems than that.

True, you're right. Never had a stat in my kingdom reach zero before. Save ignoring major concerns happening within the kingdom your stats should not reach 0.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

You can have a huge number of playthroughs if you just play the mega-dungeon with different party compositions right? Ofcourse without story it will get boring quick, but still fun to try individual builds and party builds

By the way, how does the OFFICIAL turnbased mode compare with the fan patch? Is there any real difference?

I recommend the mega dungeon for playing around with CotW, though making Tristian a Hinterlander is fun.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Set my Kingdom to Auto with a previous save, town instantly upgraded to a city (which I still couldn't do before despite having 3 towns for months), quest activated and I got to go to Pitax.

Not sure what happened that made me lose my stats and I didn't want to use auto but I believe I got the full Kingdom Management experience anyways.

Desiderius

Patron
Set my Kingdom to Auto with a previous save, town instantly upgraded to a city (which I still couldn't do before despite having 3 towns for months), quest activated and I got to go to Pitax.

Not sure what happened that made me lose my stats and I didn't want to use auto but I believe I got the full Kingdom Management experience anyways.

No, you didn’t. Not close.

If you got a stat close to zero you got your own unique experience, but it wasn’t kingdom management.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

How is it not close? What more does Kingdom Management give you after chapter 5?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

If you got a stat close to zero you got your own unique experience, but it wasn’t kingdom management.
I skipped time ahead and my Kingdom failed. I was playing on effortless.

Desiderius

Patron

How is it not close? What more does Kingdom Management give you after chapter 5?

Scandalously little if you manage your kingdom well. For you who knows?

Desiderius

Patron
I skipped time ahead and my Kingdom failed. I was playing on effortless.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that approach might not be ideal. Maybe you’re not cut out for sovereignty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom