Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Did a chargeable special move with my blade wielding guy and dudes exploded like from a mortar shell. It's got Warcraft 3 visual vibe.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How is the KKKonsensus? How does it stack up to Wasteland 2? Did Mr. Ziets deliver?
It's a fundamentally broken piece of shit, and not even the people fawning over it can find things worth discussing once they've played through it.
peps that say wasteland 3 is a better game than 2 havent play the directors cut.
I just recently tried playing the DC and it was just the same shit as before. Improved my ass.
It actually got worse in many ways. The UI was absolutely shredded, for example. Few things were actually improved unless you're a console cocksucker. The only neat addition were the Traits, which I could've lived without since they're not that meaningful.

Ivan

Arcane
Wrapped up my first playthrough and I was pleasantly surprised by the whole package. Super glad it didn't pad out its end game with filler, it ended right when I felt like it needed to. I played after the "save scummer" patch, so the fast loading was definitely felt and appreciated whenever I was curious to try new dialogue options. I did run into a few bugs here and there: I kept triggering the same Scorpitron "random encounter" when I was trying to battle the one on the map, the game failed to remember that I had freed The Prisoner in the opening hours, sometimes the map name stays burned on the screen.

-super glad they got rid of the skill usage cooldown shit from W2
-disappointed they removed manual skill use, thus eliminating the fun of finding solutions to problems, feels much more automated now BOO!
-VO was well done, especially for the Buchanans

Easily Inxile's best title. Again, pleasantly surprised. I'm actually looking forward to a 2nd playthrough once the DLC/complete edition releases.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Scorpitron respawn in the West seems intentional (although maybe it should have a little cooldown or at least give you some distance first). You can farm a lot of equipment there (generally not top tier, though). But great value and potentially many mods from dismantling weapons.
After a few victories (like 5 of them?), the dialogue slightly changes (need high skills not to get jumped!) and you fight a much stronger Scorpitron on a more open map, with a lot more and a lot stronger bot allies.
After that, he's gone.

Ivan

Arcane
load times are great, no slowdown or crashes on my end, very few visual bugs to speak of. go for it!

can't speak for controller support, played on K/M

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
It's like Uwe Boll gave it his all to emulate Tarantino, but it's still good ol' Uwe. The Brygo encounter cinematic did make me chuckle though.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is this fixed yet? performance/loading times/ bugs?

Yes.

how is the game with controller. i play on the couch nowadays because it's easier to cuddle with my cat when playing games.

There's some things you shouldn't say in public here on the codex. And I'm not talking about you cuddling with your cat.
my cat > what codex think about me. but i'll understand if people here don't know the controller experience.

Anyway here's her hunting gecko
20201106_190116.jpg

Last edited:

4too

Arcane
"'... to each according to his needs ...'"

Exciting flavor of post modern WASTELAND (tm) RPG game play verisimilitude,

uniting the shared experience of WL2 and WL3, the pixel hunt pleasure and pain of deactivating mines!

Can meet or exceed level gate, prick protective perks, but unless pick perfect position, with in hands reach,

WILL still trigger explosives or traps.

Bug or feature, your call!

A quicker 'quick save' has become my inner child's pacifier, my demon dog's stick to chew on,

as I assailed yet another learning curve.

4too

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/1339

Night Terror Plushie and Cards on the way soon!

Rangers,

We're pleased to announce that the Night Terror Plushies and Wasteland Playing Cards will be heading out very soon to those backers who added those to their pledges. If you haven't recently checked your CrowdOx account, please do so to ensure that your listed contact info is updated.

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wixstatic.com%2Fmedia%2Fc84f3a_7be086fa30ee4cf8ace5e4e4b3b895aa~mv2.png

We greatly appreciate everyone's patience during these delays that 2020 put in our path. Just like Team November, despite some obstacles, we're gettin' it done. Parcels are currently being prepped and readied for transport from our manufacturer to our fulfillment center. Before too much longer thereafter, the packages will be on their way to our backers. As such, the sooner you can make sure your shipping info is correct, the better. If you pledged for a Collector's Edition and received it at the correct address, then you should be all set.

Cheers,
The Wasteland 3 Team

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/1340

Wasteland 3 Soundtrack Expanded

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wixstatic.com%2Fmedia%2Fc84f3a_5171b6c31ba34441a754ebd8d3cf9e21~mv2.png

You’re listening to the sweet, sultry sounds of the apocalypse. If you can hear this, lucky you! You’re one of the chosen who’ve made it through the perils of the wasteland. Hopefully, you’ve done it in style. What’s that you say? You need more Wasteland 3 tunes to get you through the frozen tundra? Don’t worry, DJ inXile has got you covered.

Since the release of Wasteland 3 on August 28, we’ve been thrilled to see the overwhelming positivity toward the game’s soundtrack. We’re excited to announce that as of today the vast majority of the game’s remaining soundtrack has been added to the album that’s already available to backers at the appropriate tiers via CrowdOx. That’s right! If you already own the soundtrack, you’re getting the extra tracks at no additional cost.

Eagle-eyed observers will take note that most, but not all the tracks are now available in this listing. Believe us, we tried to get all the tracks, but had to stop just short of getting into a knife-fight with some lawyers.

Anyway, if you’re a fan of Wasteland 3’s soundtrack (and let’s face it, who isn’t?) then head on down to your CrowdOx pledge portal and snag the rest of this aural goodness that’s ready for ear-plundering.
Here are the original 17 tracks:

1. Battle Hymn of the Republic (Joshua James)
2. Aspen Exterior Exploration (Mark Morgan)
3. Frozen Waste Exploration (Mark Morgan)
4. Survivalist Bunker (Mark Morgan)
5. Savage Council (Mark Morgan)
6. Under Ice (Mark Morgan)
7. Wasteland 3 Opening (Mark Morgan)
8. Aspen Exterior Battle (Mark Morgan)
9. Under Ice Exploration (Mark Morgan)
10. Ambush Site – Combat (Mark Morgan)
11. Ambush Site – Dam (Mark Morgan)
12. Colorado Springs Exploration (Mark Morgan)
13. Denver Exploration (Mark Morgan)
14. America The Beautiful (Greg Jong and Marmoset)
15. Little Vegas Combat (Mark Morgan)
16. The Blood of the Lamb (Joshua James)
17. Down in the Valley to Pray (Greg Jong and Marmoset)

And here are the 25 new tracks that have just been added:

18. Stark Winter – level load themes (Alexander Brandon)
19. Character Creation (Mark Morgan)
20. Ambush Site – Suspense (Mark Morgan)
21. Ranger HQ – Desert Rangers theme (Mark Morgan)
22. Colorado Springs Combat (Mark Morgan)
23. Garden of the Gods Suspense (Alexander Brandon)
24. Bizarre Exploration (Mark Morgan)
25. Bizarre Combat (Alexander Brandon)
26. Denver Combat (Alexander Brandon)
27. Savage Council Combat (Mark Morgan)
28. Endgame Combat (Alexander Brandon)
29. Encounter Combat (Alexander Brandon)
30. Encounter Exploration (Alexander Brandon)
31. Golden Scorpitron (Daniel Dean)
32. Green Acres (Ethan Allen)
33. Welcome Back (Joshua James)
34. Monster Mash (Graham Barton)
35. WKRP (Joshua James)
36. Battle Hymn of the Republic (Young Survivalist Choir)
37. The Blood of the Lamb (Young Survivalist Choir)
38. Down to the River to Pray (Young Survivalist Choir)
39. Welcome Back (Young Survivalist Choir)
40. Is Buchanan A Man (Young Survivalist Choir, lyrics by Nathan Long)
41. Ranger Ballad (Busker Gang, lyrics by Nathan Long)
42. What We Did in Colorado (William Whitmore ft. Kent Holmes, lyrics by Nathan Long)

So there you have it! What was once a great tribute to the Wasteland 3 soundtrack is now an almost certifiably complete* soundtrack. Y’all had been asking for this for the longest time, and now we’re happy to oblige. Thanks for your patience while we worked to pack in all these extra-delicious tracks into this humble musical offering.

*With exception to one or two tracks you may notice are missing and which almost certainly have not been expertly extracted from the game files by crafty folks and uploaded to places where such things get uploaded.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
upload_2020-11-19_23-22-54.jpeg

Wonder if the talk there is about the ”systemic updates” - what ever they might be - that I have a recollection of hearing in the not too distant past, or a standard story/combat scenario with a few new locations, enemies and equipement.

4too

Arcane
"'Why Do You Lie'"

@ InXile Contracted Purveyor: FIG and/or CrowdOx ... where are the NEW WL 3 music files, only 17 tracks in mp3 download?

Has any one here found these 'new' tracks, see nothing 'new' at CrowdOx?

Yes, I did start an inquiry at CrowdOx, and would prefer the CERTAINTY of a guiding b-tch slap from the codex FOR POOR READING COMPREHENSION than the cynical neglect of a lost in the void e-mail.

4too

Imrahil

Educated
Cluster Bomb is possibly the most OP power in the game. It deals like 1000 damage in a huge aoe. It does sucky damage for you because it scales of base weapon damage. And you use a shitty (albeit quick firing) Payaso Turret.
Switch to Fullborer or Rail Gun, then witness the power of the Cluster Bombs.
Just tried this & you are absolutely correct (not that I doubted you, just agreeing). I'm using Cluster Bomb + Howitzer at the moment & it takes out 1-4 enemies on round 1 depending on how I can position it.

But... two points against it: one a big question for me & one just down to role-playing. 1: Do you get XP for stuff Kodiak kills? The consensus seems to be that if your pets kill someone you get 0 XP. Which is dumb, 'cause nabbing pets is fun but w/e [EDIT: although Pets trivialize combat]. So do you know if the Kodiak annihilates multiple enemies with Cluster Bomb do you get XP (I'm mostly looking at random encounters here where you can't reload & try different approaches so I'm having difficulty figuring this out myself)? Or if you know you will win (ignoring resource expenditures, assume none) is it optimal to not even involve Kodiak?

2: I like playthroughs where I bring Cordite/Fish-Lips with me. They aren't optimal, but I lean into their melee when I do. I'm enjoying the different paths & approaches the game presents. Not to mention if I feel like making Melee Rangers for fun, so if I did that, what's your opinion on best local Kodiak weapons?

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cluster Bomb is possibly the most OP power in the game. It deals like 1000 damage in a huge aoe. It does sucky damage for you because it scales of base weapon damage. And you use a shitty (albeit quick firing) Payaso Turret.
Switch to Fullborer or Rail Gun, then witness the power of the Cluster Bombs.
Just tried this & you are absolutely correct (not that I doubted you, just agreeing). I'm using Cluster Bomb + Howitzer at the moment & it takes out 1-4 enemies on round 1 depending on how I can position it.

But... two points against it: one a big question for me & one just down to role-playing. 1: Do you get XP for stuff Kodiak kills? The consensus seems to be that if your pets kill someone you get 0 XP. Which is dumb, 'cause nabbing pets is fun but w/e [EDIT: although Pets trivialize combat]. So do you know if the Kodiak annihilates multiple enemies with Cluster Bomb do you get XP (I'm mostly looking at random encounters here where you can't reload & try different approaches so I'm having difficulty figuring this out myself)? Or if you know you will win (ignoring resource expenditures, assume none) is it optimal to not even involve Kodiak?

2: I like playthroughs where I bring Cordite/Fish-Lips with me. They aren't optimal, but I lean into their melee when I do. I'm enjoying the different paths & approaches the game presents. Not to mention if I feel like making Melee Rangers for fun, so if I did that, what's your opinion on best local Kodiak weapons?

Hm, no idea about xp from Kodiak kills. Never considered this.
Regarding best weapons to use with melee, I don't know. Since you can free aim your shots and have an aoe radius indicator, I think I'd still use the best aoes available? Or just run over the baddies where the map permits - its often the best offense. Just stay the fuck out from the aoe crossbow thingy you can buy late game. Its a nightmare to use and avoid damaging your party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom