Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

turkishronin

Arcane
this game encourages players to violate the Geneva Convention
EliD2YbW0AY2WOm

:hearnoevil:
EliESnrX0AASdwl

EldI5-QXgAAejRn

Adon

Arcane
In the spirit of the season, ended up checking out Remothered: Broken Porcelain

ElrMpc2XIAA-ynl

ElrMp2FXgAAxa67

ElrNk8SW0AYs3UF

ElrOSRjXgAA23Lp

ElrORtXXYAE1bBI

ElrOR_VXIAE23N1

ElrNkLDWoAMZxt7

Looks amazing, what's the gameplay like in Rage2? I played the first one and got kinda bored.

It's a good, flawed FPS. The combat is some good stuff, nothing crazy or revolutionary, almost feels like a proto-Doom Eternal in some ways. Since it is open-world, it ends up with some of the typical trappings of the design, but manages to be just varied enough to keep you going. Story is barebones, tho.

curds

Magister
CTJ6vOv.png

Everyone in Shady Sands turned hostile towards me because I refused to risk my life to save Tandi without first knowing how much they'd pay me.

Kinda retarded design decision if you ask me.

spekkio

Arcane
Whoever designed female costumes for this game, deserves a BROfist:

PoaJqu7.jpg

:bro:

To my surprise, we meet some familiar characters on the dinosaur island:

PG6nCau.jpg

:love:

Ys 8 is not as saucy as Celceta, but some scenes are still p. funny.

gC1RHHZ.jpg

2eFW9QO.jpg

Important question - best boobs in the game?

fkKXgRl.jpg

Well, I do. ;)

Master Kong vs. Dana:

k3be4PS.jpg

I could do without raids, but fortunately they are a one-time deal, as long as you're good enough:

hsKYA35.jpg

:smug:

IMO the game is a little bit too long (Celceta had perfect length), but at least it's fun AF. Also, waifus. Final stats:

aZr3ZW5.jpg

Final battle equipment & team:

qamzorK.jpg

oncFdjL.jpg

1MpRO39.jpg

After a sad farewell:

wnYkE45.jpg

It's finally done!

Sebk6gD.jpg

There's a bonus post-game dungeon, but fuck that, over 60 hours is enough:

sYFzeOu.jpg

:obviously:
And now for something completely different:

JtxlSfG.jpg

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vigilantes

F01C4339A40FD2FB7B1A34CD5C4B9CBA088412EA

6E09754F591CD5A4DCD822781ECB4895E0AFC4D7

No cows to punch to practice close combat skills so we have to do it on the last few enemies.

2EBAF1F50019AACDE042551B1B0A5CE04FB78CF2

Incendiary grenades and shotguns for crowd control.

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
Big shmup dump shmump. I was trying to find some games for my mother, who likes simple shmups, but then ended up looking for shmups for myself.

Ikaruga

4cgo1y5.jpg
gTaN1LC.jpg

I played this one extensively back in 2005 on the GC. Now it's available on Steam.

XiqrFlw.jpg
l243UNz.jpg

This may look easy on screenshots. Just stay the right color and you are safe. But it's not! It's nipples-on-a-blind-lesbian-in-a-fish-market hard. I used to be decent at this game and, after lots of practice, did even manage to get a 1cc once on Normal with a 20 million score. Now, 15 years later, I forgot almost everything. I die in the first level. Can't even get a decent chain going. It's hopeless.

NOKxa1I.jpg
TcrQrLl.jpg

qu81UQO.jpg
ifSDeAM.jpg

2JMvP2m.jpg
tt8PAh5.jpg

Ok, this part is easy. :M

Q5UPzZQ.jpg
qELnTzb.jpg

lhSwVhY.jpg
A521jXv.jpg

Of all the shmups I've played, this one still remains my favorite. If I didn't know how time consuming this is, I would probably get back into it.

Pop'n TwinBee (SNES)

mJDRKJB.png

x6yD5fe.png

This game is a tiny bit more forgiving. You even have a health bar.
wtfamireading.png

0uW9q9e.png

Shoot clouds to spawn bells that you can either collect for pointless bonus points or keep shooting them until they change color. Different colors give you different powers and upgrades, like a shield with 4 HP, companion ships (4 + 9 in reserve), speed up, and more. Clouds are scattered everywhere in the game, so as long as you keep replenishing your shield you will get through this game on normal difficulty no problem.

vwiLe0V.png

You can also charge a powerful punch attack that can even kill most bullets.

g8fJS1V.png

butWfMW.png

9jwPOzS.png

liuhGiB.png

hes9elh.png

EggWItH.png

6Pc3j0X.png

WbKUKGn.png

Cute detail. When you destroy a cannon on this boss, a guy will jump out and extinguish the fire.

HGOSkas.png

Parallax scrolling x10.

1t9Nu0B.png

JMlQ39l.png

The last two levels can get tricky because you won't get any bells in the second half of them.

QqYKQYI.png

I almost died.

Crimzon Clover - World Ignition

aJatg8u.jpg
CLl8jrr.jpg

Looks chaotic? This is actually one of the quieter moments.

Usually the game looks more like this.
c6NZRHB.jpg
qkYl4a3.jpg

:hmmm:

mBJhGNG.jpg
EiOVdlW.jpg

Shooting enemies fills the Break meter. Entering Break mode cancels all bullets on screen and increases your damage for the duration of Break mode. You can also fill a second Break meter for Double Break mode (cancels bullets again and further increases your damage). I see potential for lots of clever strategies with Break timing and bullet canceling. But ... I don't like this game.

V3GdXOG.jpg
4t84gtU.jpg

Despite the chaos the game is playable. Bullets are always bright and drawn in the foreground. That's not the issue. I just don't like the aesthetics of it all.

wDEy1BW.jpg
juJEpgQ.jpg

It has this cheap look like it was made by someone with poor Photoshop skills. A parody game.

Super Hydorah

pMKD2wG.png

TBMaJHa.png

A love letter to R-Type shooters?

Ve47BBG.png

The scanline effect can be disabled. But I think it fits.

M2oF0B8.png

Before each mission you can select one primary weapon (pew pew), one secondary weapon (missiles/bombs), and a special weapon for which you have to collect ammo in the level (stuff like screen-clearing bombs). You get one new weapon after every mission.

ygTa4YS.png

df1ukx9.png

5aKYdA9.png

10OxxnM.png

g7fxBVl.png

1LfuizC.png

h8a5zu8.png

iqKR2Ww.png

CXmaAau.png

There are lots of missions, lots of bosses, weapons, optional missions with branching paths... The game is well made, but it spreads its ideas thin. I'm only half-way through and am already bored. This type of shooter has never been my favorite. When you die you get set back to beginning of the screen/level, and at some point it begins to feel like a slog. Imagine playing Super Mario Bros. 3 but harder and every level is a slow autoscroller.

ZeroRanger

cg2SnvX.png
Y8Q578m.png

I'm afraid I don't have much to say about this game because I didn't get that far. Not because it's bad or super hard. It's about the color scheme. With blocky pixels and everything being either green or orange it's sometimes hard to keep track of everything.

77tbI6d.png
DYnqLhg.png

You can choose one of two weapon upgrades after every level, like for example a backwards cannon or a charge shot.

sNPktmP.png
aQgNrKP.png

There is also this...
rating_prosper.png

u1JheAV.png
OvFmzDR.png

Happy explosions.

hdfhTE8.png
21RTywK.png

qTZC4CG.png
kIK4R2t.png

1y7KjKO.png
iFRjJxq.png

Could be a good game, I don't know.

Jamestown

Jwsz3Vi.png

:obviously:

WrBcbcw.png

There are several ships to choose from, each with a different secondary attack. I prefer the standard ship with the big phat laz0r and the Gunner with a directional attack (more versatile but harder to control).

3Y77j4b.png

Jamestown's main gimmick is the Vaunt meter. Destroyed enemies leave nuts and gears behind that you can collect to fill the meter. Once the meter is full you can enter Vaunt mode which will 1) activate a bullet-eating shield that lasts for a few seconds, and 2) increase your damage x1.5 until the meter runs out. You can continue to collect nuts and gears to keep Vaunt mode going. When the meter is empty you exit Vaunt mode and get a big chunk of bonus points (longer Vaunt = more points). You can also exit it prematurely to activate a smaller shield if needed at the cost of bonus points.

Yn9uzio.png

9xapBET.png

hLEH0fl.png

mOAwfVf.png

The Gunner.

2VZ3mky.png

CSIJoI9.png

GRlMTMd.png

Good game. This is the one I've spent the most time on.

3UPGUgl.png

I didn't beat it on Judgement though, only the first level. On top of more difficult bullet patterns and a lot more bullets in general, it also adds green bullets that can pass through your shield.
:shredder:
A challenge for another time.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Disgusting. I refuse to play as a man with tats.
You're not meant to like him and he gets what is coming to him. This game is free by the way, it is a short teaser for an upcoming game, but a complete small game by itself. It is very edgy however, way too edgy for the Codex it seems.

I played it for the otherworldy level design, high fidelity Giger influenced games are what does it for me. Scorn might be terrible as as shooter when it comes out, but I will buy and play that too when it does.

0boCmtd.jpg

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Pathfinder Kingmaker:
20200824072306_1.jpg

20200824200755_1.jpg

20201007112720_1.jpg

20201012055540_1.jpg

20201023164820_1.jpg

20201023221654_1.jpg

20201024174846_1.jpg

20201101120701_1.jpg
20201101132930_1.jpg

20201101130440_1.jpg

20201101144521_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20201020181143_1.jpg
    20201020181143_1.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20201023174123_1.jpg
    20201023174123_1.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 60

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom