Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Testing Student of War.

Who better than Aristotle? Proof’s in the Alexandrine pudding.

Of course bottoms like yourself would have little experience with victory or beauty so I can see where you might be mystified.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Testing Student of War.

Of course bottoms like yourself would have little experience with victory or beauty so I can see where you might be mystified.
Quite a long explanation for "I like being slammed in the ass by young boyz"

Desiderius

Patron
Testing Student of War.

Quite a long explanation for "I like being slammed in the ass by young boyz"

Your likes are of no interest to me. I enjoy looking at that which I slam, which ain't male.

Shinros

Learned
Would you mind sharing, please? :)

Here's a loose summary.
You're a normal bloke with some mythic power, with normal soldiers and all about being normal. As per one of the devs said when asked. "It's not about cool unique abilities but about embracing your mortal fate and what you can achieve as mortal." Looking into the leaks it's just that, it reads like Owlcat went "Why haven't you picked one the cool mythic paths we took time to write and program!" The issue surrounding it is a non-choice in my opinion, a certain goddess is whinging about the origin of you power and wants you to give it up soon as she found out where it came from. But the good route mythics say you should keep it. Also not of all the companions like you going Legend. Here another gift, all of the reactions are not in yet. To me, the path is just there for people who just don't want to be a mythic path. That's it. It also seems the hidden route in this game is devil, considering how tight lipped Owlcat are being about it.

Leak spoiler

"Value": "{n} Greybor sniffles in frustration. {/ N} " In vain. You choose to remain a piece on the chessboard, rather than gain even more strength and align yourself with the players. Indeed, in successful gambits, even queens are sacrificed, and my heart feels that this is what awaits us \

Desiderius

Patron

Here's a loose summary.
You're a normal bloke with some mythic power, with normal soldiers and all about being normal. As per one of the devs said when asked. "It's not about cool unique abilities but about embracing your mortal fate and what you can achieve as mortal." Looking into the leaks it's just that, it reads like Owlcat went "Why haven't you picked one the cool mythic paths we took time to write and program!" The issue surrounding it is a non-choice in my opinion, a certain goddess is whinging about the origin of you power and wants you to give it up soon as she found out where it came from. But the good route mythics say you should keep it. Also not of all the companions like you going Legend. Here another gift, all of the reactions are not in yet. To me, the path is just there for people who just don't want to be a mythic path. That's it. It also seems the hidden route in this game is devil, considering how tight lipped Owlcat are being about it.

Leak spoiler

"Value": "{n} Greybor sniffles in frustration. {/ N} " In vain. You choose to remain a piece on the chessboard, rather than gain even more strength and align yourself with the players. Indeed, in successful gambits, even queens are sacrificed, and my heart feels that this is what awaits us \

Still Alpha. Sure there’s time to make it legendary. At this rate Gheybore may be the first companion ever not to make my team.

Shinros

Learned
Still Alpha. Sure there’s time to make it legendary. At this rate Gheybore may be the first companion ever not to make my team.

Greybor needs work in my opinion, but he has cool nuggets here and there. Like the line above and the fact he is a struggling father. I think if he was far more accessible and did not come with an odd build, I would take him more often.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Greybor needs work in my opinion, but he has cool nuggets here and there. Like the line above and the fact he is a struggling father. I think if he was far more accessible and did not come with an odd build, I would take him more often.

I mean his reaction is natural. In a lot of ways Greybor is the more grounded companion in CRPGs due to his rather simple motivation, sometime wrong genry savvyness, and the fact "dude if you are roping into this demon fighting and shit you better pay up." I like tht Owlcat is not trying to make hima noble mercenaries or some such.

The fact that he laments you from giving up the power is probably how most people will be reacting as well. If anything I like him more after reading that.

Now yeah his asking price is steep especially the fact that
The job to kill you is only worth 20k gold iirc. Arugably killing a semi mortal is probably cheaper than being roped into hell and back. 25k/50k is probably better than the current 50k/100k

Shinros

Learned
I mean his reaction is natural. In a lot of ways Greybor is the more grounded companion in CRPGs due to his rather simple motivation, sometime wrong genry savvyness, and the fact "dude if you are roping into this demon fighting and shit you better pay up." I like tht Owlcat is not trying to make hima noble mercenaries or some such.

The fact that he laments you from giving up the power is probably how most people will be reacting as well. If anything I like him more after reading that.

Now yeah his asking price is steep especially the fact that
The job to kill you is only worth 20k gold iirc. Arugably killing a semi mortal is probably cheaper than being roped into hell and back. 25k/50k is probably better than the current 50k/100k

That's the reason why I like him, because his story is quite grounded compared to your other companions. The line above made me like him even more. It's more the fact, I think people will miss out on this considering the monetary aspect of his character and the somewhat odd choices in his build. It's not hard to work around, but I think some people won't bother.

Last edited:

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I was hoping legend would be the tell everyone to fuck off and forge you own path route. If it's about simping to some goddess that doesn't like your mythic power it'll probablly be one of the last ones I try.

Shinros

Learned
I was hoping legend would be the tell everyone to fuck off and forge you own path route. If it's about simping to some goddess that doesn't like your mythic power it'll probablly be one of the last ones I try.

That's what I thought as well. She's whining at a non-issue. What makes it even more hilarious.

Leak spoiler

If you go Angel, she admits she was wrong before because you've become an awesome angel despite not going through the normal process.

Delterius

Arcane

Here's a loose summary.

Leak spoiler

random pikeman in crusading army: so you're telling me i am going to die while we could have an army of dragons helping us but you said no out of personal vanity really bro

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
random pikeman in crusading army: so you're telling me i am going to die while we could have an army of dragons helping us but you said no out of personal vanity really bro
Random pikeman should be happy he got to keep his meat and it's not just his skeleton marching.

Desiderius

Patron
Look, if I’m going to be dropping my life savings on hiring an NPC they better not have a noob build

More of a pride thing. You want to join up more the merrier but you think I’m paying your half-pint ass yeah that’s not happening.

Delterius

Arcane
Random pikeman should be happy he got to keep his meat and it's not just his skeleton marching.
with all due respect sir the correct path was summoning nymphs for all of us to fuck while satyrs win the war but what do i know i'm burning to death right now

Delterius

Arcane
In my opinion, the companions are far more better than the Kingmaker ones. The best companion (my opinion) is my avatar, Regill.
Delterius - your thoughts on a gnome being the best written party member? *snicker*
as I told The Determiner I am now ok with gnomes as long as they don't build gyrocopters and pseudo tech stuff, thereby ruining my life forever

so mandatory trips to the feywilds in order to make them zany and unproductive

regill is either gonna die to turn whimsy in my presence

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I do have fun, slaughtering fey feels amazing, it's part of why i love KM so much. The best part they don't die so you can have win at it again!

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I have only one thing to say to fey lovers.

Gas the fey.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom