Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I think they need to broaden their audience that way unfortunately, if they want to stay afloat (multiplayer). Good they decided to do it separate from SP campaigns.
I don't have numbers, but my assumption is that Spellforce 3 sold criminally low volumes (maybe okeish in Germany, but rest of the world was a disaster), despite fantastic and quality single player campaign.
Soul Harvest was for sure even worse sales-wise and Fallen God will be no different UNLESS they SOMEHOW turn the tide with excellent multiplayer (which I doubt very strongly).

That is sadly the world we live in :negative:

I am still suppoting them and bought all installments :brodex:

Silly Germans

Has anyone played it vs humans or even vs the ai ? I tried skirmish in the main game perhaps 3 or 4 time and was rather disappointed by it. The rts gameplay is not the games strong suit to be honest. Its the story, nice visuals/engine and decent rpg parts that make up for the rather weak rts gameplay. I'm afraid that it doesn't work in favor for the game if they put the rts mechanics into the spot light.
I also bought the new addon since i really enjoyed the single player campaigns of SF3 and SF3 SH and i hope to see more like it. I'll probably play it around christmas hollidays or early 2021.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The whole allure of this expansion was the trolls and troll protagonists, lol. I.e. the last of the original Spellforce 1 races.

Vatnik Wumao
Everyone here are trolls
Spellforce trolls are bloatmaxxer master race.
The whole allure of this expansion was the trolls and troll protagonists, lol. I.e. the last of the original Spellforce 1 races.
Muh who cares about that shit,i want to kill trolls not play as them lol.
Low T opinion, bratle.
Pure humanist brate :smug:,are you one of those that play chaos cucks in wrahammer?!
Iron within, iron without. Nothing one can do about it (would've preferred if the IW stayed as renegade space marines rather than full chaos though).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Everyone here are trolls
Low T opinion, bratle.
Pure humanist brate :smug:,are you one of those that play chaos cucks in wrahammer?!
Iron within, iron without. Nothing one can do about it (would've preferred if the IW stayed as renegade space marines rather than full chaos though).
Ahh board games like warhammer and d&D really end up fucking their lore because you can't actually have change and the game never really goes anywhere. Everyone is in a constant decline and shit. Also most races have pretty interesting early lore/history then fuck it up with retarded shit. Like making the necrons in to butthurt faggots that got sick from radiation lol. Also shit is too interconnected.

Vatnik Wumao
Everyone here are trolls
Low T opinion, bratle.
Ahh board games like warhammer and d&D really end up fucking their lore because you can't actually have change and the game never really goes anywhere. Everyone is in a constant decline and shit. Also most races have pretty interesting early lore/history then fuck it up with retarded shit. Like making the necrons in to butthurt faggots that got sick from radiation lol. Also shit is too interconnected.
Eh, there's plenty of lore to fill in from before the Horus Heresy, although GW also advances the plot slowly every now and then (to mixed fan reception, such as in the case of the Primaris). The only Warhammer boardgame that I've played was Space Hulk, so I can't say that I am a big Warhammer tabletop player; I just like the setting and there's plenty of variety in terms of (sub)factions aesthetics and what not as to find your own Warhammer niche.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Everyone here are trolls
Low T opinion, bratle.
Eh, there's plenty of lore to fill in from before the Horus Heresy, although GW also advances the plot slowly every now and then (to mixed fan reception, such as in the case of the Primaris). The only Warhammer boardgame that I've played was Space Hulk, so I can't say that I am a big Warhammer tabletop player; I just like the setting and there's plenty of variety in terms of (sub)factions aesthetics and what not as to find your own Warhammer niche.
Same here,don't care about overpriced plastic garbage that no lifers lose their shit over. The setting is cool and looks great,but fuck it never goes anywhere,also it doesn't have a single good game out of it. All of them are either ok strategies or copy/paste ruleset garbage like Necromunda.

Vatnik Wumao
Joocy game.
cJ7JWbM.jpg
XVg5C2b.jpg

Think I'll be enjoying this. :obviously:

Vatnik Wumao
Well, just finishing up the first zone and I have to say that the game looks marvelous. That aside, narrative (& character) design is quite consistent and thematically appropriate, although I feel that I'm going to get tired of listening to the Troll equivalent of ebonics quite fast.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't have numbers, but my assumption is that Spellforce 3 sold criminally low volumes (maybe okeish in Germany, but rest of the world was a disaster), despite fantastic and quality single player campaign.
Yeah... SF3 has about 3.5k reviews. First expansion has 1.3k reviews (about 30-50% of main game is about normal, I think).
That's not nothing, but for something with such high production values, I just can't imagine that's too good.

When each of them came out, I didn't see any advertisement.
I don't even think they paid streamers to show off their game - e.g. when you look right now, nobody is streaming that game. And it was the same with the base game. That's just a gigantic marketing blunder in these times.
Forget about big magazines, they aren't interested if your game doesn't push any agendas. What you need is your game on streams, in communities and on YouTube.

It's like their marketing department is stuck in the year 2000 where all you needed to do was pay some magazines and put some ads online and the highly individualized marketing we have today doesn't exist.

I remember GamerZakh covering the game and I think he was as confused about why THQ Nordic didn't try to sell such a good game more aggressively.

Vatnik Wumao
It's like their marketing department is stuck in the year 2000 where all you needed to do was pay some magazines and put some ads online and the highly individualized marketing we have today doesn't exist.
My fondness for the Spellforce series is partly due to the nostalgic memory of getting Spellforce 1 with one of those PC magazines (and having a blast with the RTS & RPG mix). :M

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Magnat same here.
And we're probably the only ones (those with memories from back then) that bought the game - together with a few from places like this where people started talking about the game and some who found it through Steam's algorithms.

I just feel sad for the devs who really did a good job here and will possibly get shafted by their publisher apparently not pulling their weight (though they must have invested money, so... ?????).
Well, I hope their free-2-play SC2-like strategy will work out, though I honestly don't see it.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I am still suppoting them and bought all installments
Yup, I'm buying this one too. On release too despite having other games to play first. These games aren't made anymore, an RTS-RPG hybrid with a good art direction and a decent story? Unheard of these days. I'm thinking they don't invest in marketing because they don't have confidence in a primarily PC product that doesn't play itself. Such a shame, because I thought the last two games were great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom