Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Efe

Erudite
feel free to send your box my way

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Boston studio's new hire Madeleine Shopoff, wears a few hats: https://www.linkedin.com/in/madeleine-shopoff/

Technical Designer - Narrative & UI/UX

Company Name OtherSide Entertainment
Dates Employed Oct 2020 – Present
Employment Duration 1 mo
Location Concord, Massachusetts, United States

Narrative design, tech design, and UI/UX for an upcoming unannounced title.

She previously did narrative design and implementation on Ken Levine's super secret project and UI at Bungie.

Sonus

Educated
Would be interesting if it wasn't Tencent boosting their funds.

Chris McCarthy's another guy who's worked with former Looking Glass people over there at Harmonix.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The physical copies have arrived:

I finally received my "boxed collector's edition" in the mail today. A cardboard slip cover on a plastic case containing a disc and manual. I seem to recall being promised an exclusive "parchment map" somewhere along the way.

Finally received my physical rewards. Was expecting a "big box" full of juicy gear only to find a small and slim package inserted into my mail box. Huh? Sure enough, I open the package only to find a disc case with disc and a paper manual.

Hang on... did I not pledge for something more? Checks pledge... "Legendary Hero". Rewards include "Parchment Map". Where is this map???

Same exactly identical situation here... and the reason I decided to pay $150 on this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/comments

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee

I finally received my "boxed collector's edition" in the mail today. A cardboard slip cover on a plastic case containing a disc and manual. I seem to recall being promised an exclusive "parchment map" somewhere along the way.

Finally received my physical rewards. Was expecting a "big box" full of juicy gear only to find a small and slim package inserted into my mail box. Huh? Sure enough, I open the package only to find a disc case with disc and a paper manual.

Hang on... did I not pledge for something more? Checks pledge... "Legendary Hero". Rewards include "Parchment Map". Where is this map???

Same exactly identical situation here... and the reason I decided to pay $150 on this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/comments

And Efe backed this shit to the hilt from day one :(

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
Keith Smith17 days ago
I agree with Rob Kerr, this game is unplayable as-is, and they have abandoned fixing it. For me, the quests and map is broken, as I follow along a quest series, the game just quits progressing the quest. For example, the part where you follow the spirit thing up the mountain and then it’s just gone. Can’t figure out where to go next. I can’t go in the little village thing, gate is closed and I’ve wondered all over trying to find something new where I haven’t been. I think ghost was supposed to unlock the city? But I can’t go in there. I have restarted and even completely reinstalled the game, and just can’t progress further. I haven’t tried playing the last update, as I have just given up on them fixing it, as there just no way they could fix all the bugs I’ve seen.

A re-release of Underworld I and / or II would be great, and I would back that project only if this team wasn’t doing it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

This is what people who buy collectors editions deserve.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From Discord.

We are working on resolving the oversight of the Parchment map so that backers will receive it. It is a fairly simple process of obtaining the art file and sending it off to FG to be manufactured and sent out so it should be resolved by end of month. We are drafting an update to be shared this week as well.

The thing btw, also from Discord:

20201102_170225_compress89.png
20201102_170350_compress63.png

Also some other stuff, posted last month:

Looking forward to someone uploading "the making of" doc.

Narushima

Cipher
Just look at that lavishly illustrated manual cover! Truly, these people are blessed.

Now, will the "parchment" map just be printed on standard printer paper?

Curratum

Just look at that lavishly illustrated manual cover! Truly, these people are blessed.

Now, will the "parchment" map just be printed on standard printer paper?

Yes, but it will also use yellowed parchment texture printed on that sheet!

Sonus

Educated
FanGamer needs to focus on quality assurance and follow-through, not clogging their pipeline with way too many contracts.

Curratum

So is this more System Shock or more Legend of Grimrock?

This is more a tech demo a few third-year students threw together over a year, so that scammer daddy Paul Neurath had something to release to the suckers (myself included) who gave him a million dollars on Kickstarter.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So is this more System Shock or more Legend of Grimrock?

This is more a tech demo a few third-year students threw together over a year, so that scammer daddy Paul Neurath had something to release to the suckers (myself included) who gave him a million dollars on Kickstarter.
And to put the cigar on the wound one guy is making the exact thing most people wanted using fucking magic or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom