Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcante - Blobber RPG

V_K

Arcane
Going by steam reviews and discussions, it's EA in everything but name. Features are still being patched in, and here's what the dev posted three days ago, in response to a criticism that there's too little content and too much grinding:
The content is relatively easy to add once I get to a game that is enjoyable and pleasant to play, so I'm working in that direction first!
So at best, wait for another year until it's properly finished.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Pay twice what a finished game is worth for an unfinished game today.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Looks like "my first attempt at making a game in unity" sold for $20 on steam. The developer claims it takes 8 hours to complete, and reviews indicate that much of that is grinding.

Lorcan95

Arcane
Developer
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I reduced the price of the game, and added extra content at the point of the story where grinding was most needed to proceed! Thanks! :)

Luzur

Good Sir
Ok, i got the game and... well its a ok Might and Magic 6 -clone, but it needs some work:

1. respawn is too fast, all bandits all over the map all return like every second day = no sense of accomplishment (although good for grinding XP and gold when you get bows LOL) for doing work around town.

2. some houses float = immersion damage.

3. cant look at weapon stats in shops or see if my char can wear/use it before buying = irritating. (make it so you cant buy items if the selected char cant use them or something)

4. mages that die, are they supposed to float in mid-air as a corpse?

5. Cows wander out into the ocean, on top of the water.

6. needs more map functions like marking important houses as you find them.

7. Arena was abit too fast, just dropped right in and swarmed by knights right away, make it so you have to talk to someone first, like in MM, also i just circle strafed like a pro around them and got halfway before dying LOL

8. needs more control setup options

otherwise it looks ok and handles ok.

Lorcan95

Arcane
Developer
Awesome, I appreciate the feedback!

3. Was actually an intended mechanic that makes money more useful in the late game, instead of loading the game to reroll the stats of an item you just buy multiple ones and only keep the one that best fit your character. Only if you take the armor of the wrong type you won't be able to use it, but you can learn about the armor type before buying it.

4. Yes they were supposed to do that, but I might change it as people don't seem to appreciate it :P

About the other ones, I'll be trying to fix/improve them, hopefully there will be someone actually seeing the changes. If you played the game after the latest patch, you are likely the only one that ever saw the changes haha

Luzur

Good Sir
Awesome, I appreciate the feedback!

3. Was actually an intended mechanic that makes money more useful in the late game, instead of loading the game to reroll the stats of an item you just buy multiple ones and only keep the one that best fit your character. Only if you take the armor of the wrong type you won't be able to use it, but you can learn about the armor type before buying it.

4. Yes they were supposed to do that, but I might change it as people don't seem to appreciate it :P

About the other ones, I'll be trying to fix/improve them, hopefully there will be someone actually seeing the changes. If you played the game after the latest patch, you are likely the only one that ever saw the changes haha

Just keep hammering on it and make it that Might and Magic 11 clone we all need ok

EDIT: oh yeah i forgot: corpses despawn abit too fast, when i was walking around and bowing scum out in the woods, i missed out on alot of loot since the bodies despawned too fast.

Lorcan95

Arcane
Developer
I started fixing a couple of things already, but will probably release a patch next week or later! In the meantime, I uploaded a new "trailer" with a more updated gameplay :)

Thanks again for the help! Making this game made me realize how complex might and magic games actually are, a lot of the mechanics in there are incredibly time-consuming to reproduce.
And it is my first game so... I did what I could but this is far from perfect :P

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This is getting Definitive Edition, with turn-based combat option.

Inspired by games that defined the genre, Arcante will bring you to a land where exploring and listening to suggestions is crucial to succeed.

Discover game mechanics as you play and fight enemies with a dynamic combat system, that lets you play the game First Person, while your party members attack in turns.

Don't feel like going too fast? The game can be played Turn-Based! Take your time to consider your next move and to choose the ability that will let you win the fight.

Manage the party, train them, teach them useful skills, loot or buy equipment and find out what works best for them. Will your team be able to rise up to the increasingly difficult challenges, and become the heroes whose deeds are praised for the eternity?

Mysteries and hidden treasures are waiting for you, as well as both dungeons and dragons!

Characteristics
  • Turn-Based
  • 5 Classes, 20 abilities
  • 8 Animated Portraits
  • Color-Coded Equipment with Thousands of Combinations
  • 4 Armor Types, 15 Weapon Types
Old-Style Challenges
Completing the game once will unlock a new game mode: you will be able to start a new game with any number of characters in your party, from one to four. Are you up for a challenge?

Definitive Edition
The game was greatly changed in response of users feedbacks, this version includes all the changes and more!
  • Better Graphics, more Intuitive, new Maps and Quests.
  • Exciting fighting mechanics: dodge, block, interrupt, and shield yourself to master the fights!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Cows love the ocean. That's normal.
9ac15c62d2bc0a5743991a7d2f6b3281.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom