Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silent hills is now cancelled

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
My favorite Junji Ito story is the one he did about his cats.

ito-junjis-cat-diary-2241289.jpg

CrazyDiamond

Novice
Thankfully I haven't degenerated to the level of the average Silent Hill protagonist yet. Actually, scratch that. Assuming Ito's other works are as unsubtle as Uzumaki, even these guys would seem normal in comparison.

Uzumaki isn't even his worse. I haven't read all of them but even fucking Gyo messed me up. I think Hellstar Remina is my favorite though.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I wish instead of shattered memories they remade the first Silent hill. I'm tired of the combatless horror games

ADL

Prophet

P.T. was the first PS4 title I tested through backward compatibility on PS5. On Oct. 24, I transferred my copy of P.T. to and played the game on my PS5, picking up from a recent save that carried over from PS4. Then I restarted P.T. from the beginning, and played through a bit more. It seemed to work fine. In fact, the 4K screenshot at the top of this post was captured from the PS5 review unit that Sony sent me.

But in the days leading up to Sony’s PS5 review embargo, the situation changed. P.T. is now listed as a “Playable on PS4” title, meaning it can’t be played on PS5.

And after being forced to do a factory reset of my PS5 review unit this week, which deleted all game content from the system, I learned I was no longer able to transfer P.T. from PS4 to PS5. (My colleague Russ Frushtick still has his transferred copy of P.T. sitting on his PS5 SSD.)

When it was playable, P.T. appeared to perform on PS5 just as it did on PS4. I did not complete a full playthrough of the demo, but I experienced no noticeable issues during the 10 minutes in which I tested the game.

Sony had previously warned that some content (including game demos, which would encompass P.T.) might not be compatible on the new console. The playable teaser for Silent Hills does not appear on the list of unsupported titles on Sony’s PS5 backward compatibility support page.

Reached for comment, a Sony spokesperson told Polygon that the change to P.T.’s backward compatibility on PS5 “was a publisher decision.”

Adon

Arcane
Don't know what people were expecting. PT can no longer exist in a playable form because it promotes a game that isn't being made.

ADL

Prophet
Well I wasn't expecting them to sabotage a playable demo via software update like that. Kinda took the amount of control I have over my data on PC for granted but goddamn, consoles suck bro.

Egosphere

Arcane
Moreover it was always shit demo

It took quite a bit of inspiration from SH4's apartment levels. The twitchy ghost, the bloody fridge with a lump of flesh (which, in PT, splintered into a bloody fridge and the weird fetus thing in the sink), the peephole, the radio broadcasts about a string of violent murders which then address you directly (in 4 you had the radio about the murders, and a telephone haunting which would also address you). Even the concept of returning to the same place over and over again was in 4, in the form of the rusted bloody key that would trap you in the forest world until you went back to your apartment.

However, PT was very polished and knew how to get under your skin, whilst a few of the hauntings in 4 were too goofy to be scary.

But a lot of the hype about PT came from the mystery surrounding it. It looked like a triple A game that was just randomly dumped onto the system, without an explanation, without a clear way to beat it. This aura that surrounded it was the biggest seller. There is no chance in hell they'd have captured the same atmosphere in a fully open, 10+ hour game. Even the concept trailer looked a notch or two below the teaser.

Terra

Cipher
Don't worry, I'm sure at least 6 new fan projects just sprung up to remake the PT demo again in response to this.

Wunderbar

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ere_are_all_the_possible_hints_that_blue_box/

Here are all the possible hints that Blue Box Game Studios is related to Kojima and Silent Hill.

I think i (might be) a believer. There are several points that hint towards Abandoned being Silent hill and Blue Box Studios being actually a studio opend by Kojima. I've tried to compile all the ones i could find for the moment:

Put your tinfoil hats, this could be something, or this could be one massive waste of time.

lol.

Perkel

Arcane
Oh great can't wait for Hideo Kojima to fuck up Silent Hill and make out of it even worse game than what western devs did by totally not understanding themes, lore and why people loved those games. He already proved that with PT and his hollywood style version of SH which isn't SH.

Egosphere

Arcane
Oh great can't wait for Hideo Kojima to fuck up Silent Hill and make out of it even worse game than what western devs did by totally not understanding themes, lore and why people loved those games. He already proved that with PT and his hollywood style version of SH which isn't SH.

Yeah, I can understand people still getting excited for his take pre-Death Stranding, but not after. Not that I mind DS, but his style will never synchronize with Silent Hill

DeepOcean

Arcane
Okay, we gone from a horror game that tried some interesting mature themes to cinematic haunted house # 58356, cant wait for that.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Okay, we gone from a horror game that tried some interesting mature themes to cinematic haunted house # 58356, cant wait for that.
Konami should have sold this IP, already.
They butchered the chances of a successful movie franchise - the first movie was not bad, not at all - with Silent Hill Revelation 3D, and they lost their magic with the games, so just stop milking the deceased cow, already.
The world of Pachinko won't suffer greatly, if they lose this IP ownership.
They can make Metal Gear themed Pachinko machines, a remake of the units they already created, with better graphics. It would be less retardo than creating a sequel to Metal Gear Survive, I dare to say.

SumDrunkGuy

Ignore this and play Tormented Souls. You're welcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom