Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What has happened to Basilisk Games?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
https://basiliskgames.com/

They made the Eschalon series. I have started to replay Eschalon: Book 1 and wondered if they have made any new games, and on Steam they stopped at Book 3, and their web site displays an error. Their Twitter feed also stopped at March 25th of this year, and it is mostly shit posts.

Can someone fill me on what happened to them? Is it depression?

RuySan

Augur
I really liked Eschalon I. It was a bit simple but loved the cute graphics and atmosphere. Unfortunately the second game wasn't as good and apparently the third is even worse.

I wish this guy made the graphics for Jeff vogels games

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
For those that don't know - Eschalon: Book 1 is free on Steam

Pretty neat game thanks for bringing it to my attention.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
My recollection was Eschalon was that it was a beautiful game for an indie RPG, but the walk speed was outrageously slow, so slow that I stopped playing.

garren

Arcane
Patron
I did manage to finish the first game, despite the walk speed. After I tried the second, I couldn't bear the slow speed anymore, even though I felt the game from the get go felt more competently made than the first one. I heard the third wasn't anything special though.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
My recollection was Eschalon was that it was a beautiful game for an indie RPG, but the walk speed was outrageously slow, so slow that I stopped playing.

There was a strange bug on the first game that if you used the DirectX Renderer over OpenGL your character moved a lot slower.

I don't think it was ever fixed.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

There was a strange bug on the first game that if you used the DirectX Renderer over OpenGL your character moved a lot slower.

I don't think it was ever fixed.

Use Cheat Engine's Speedhack x500 speed. Problem solved.

JRIz

Augur
Played Eschalon 1. A bit of a boring grind in the second half, otherwise quite decent. This game shares some tracks with the Siege of Avalon soundtrack. The blacksmith's quest from the first village is also very reminiscent of a similar quest in SoA. This confused me at first but apparently, there aren't any other connections.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom