Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's succeed at RimWorld!

tindrli

Arcane
i barely make to visit forum once per day

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Ok, here are the first 7 days. I must confess I jumped into this without reading the rest of the thread, so I had no idea why some people were injured, why there was a bunch of enemy turrets up north and what is up with the pet sematary in the center of the village. All in all, I would say it was more fun this way.

So it begins. The situation so far is as follows:

• Some colonists are wounded (I have no idea why, just parachuted here).
  • We are under siege from the north by weird things. Some kind of mechanoid things, it seems. I don't know, I haven't played RimWorld in ages.
  • Power situation seems a bit bad. Researching geothermal sounds like a priority.
  • We have a large collection of dead animals.
  • Some colonists are about to leave for some nonsense quest... It seems I can't cancel this.

X4LY0Yd.png

lE4AJEx.png

First thing, let us collect these mechanoid corpses. Also, let's reduce the researcher sleep time, he can sleep next year.
0beN4xJ.png

Now, for some action. Let us attack the mechanoids remnants at the north. Demograph will take some potshots at the turrets with a sniper rifle.

16OoPUr.png

... ok, there is some shield around them. Great.
0ymplvF.png

Let's melee attack the proximity thing instead.
CCQ51Ja.png

And then careless explode this power cell because, why not? Now we have a clear shot on the other turret.
rfdw6aD.png

The turret is gone but the sniper is about to have a breakdown, some soldiers we have. So let them rest. We can mop the rest of the cluster later. It started to rain also, which is good, since it takes care of the fires.
jY8nvbM.png

It seems ItsChon has the same mental resilience of his Codex counterpart, and now is broken and sad. Faggot. Zena is unhappy also, oh well.
8s5LOpL.png

I waited a few hours and sent Demo.graph back for some more shooting. And now she needed rescue... we can try again tomorrow. Or just shell the thing.
rQtcoMf.png

Day 2.

There is no need to eat gruel anymore, so I ordered the preparation of simple meals. I also allowed everybody to eat better meals. Furthermore, a shuttle has arrived, these imperials are leaving for some reason, which seems to be part of a quest? At least we have less mouths to feed.
lClvxV6.png

Let us try something bolder today. Comtesse will rush the rocket turrent on melee, since I am assuming the radius on this picture means it can't attack that close? We will see.

IGFaYjL.png

Well, my silly plan worked, even though Comtesse lost a toe. Sad times. The turrets are now gone, and the capsules ripe for taking. However, while the valiant battle was taking place, Vazha managed to provoke a cougar into attacking her in her attemps to tame it. Oh well, I guess we will have chopped cougar today. On a side note, Andnjord managed to get himself on fire durint the fight. Sucker.

3TykWj1.png

The terrible battle against the cougar cost Vazha a finger, in what seemed to be a worse struggle than the damn turrets. On a brighter note, ItsChon is no longer wandering.

WcHh05S.png

It seems Tindril is currently literally braindead. I guess he won't need these bionic parts anymore. Or his lungs.

bR1ubmX.png

After I finally figured I had to click the send button on the shuttle, I managed to send the pesky imperials away. In exchange they sent me this. A magical/absurd sword no doubt, which will now be bound to Comtesse.

SPBeY4O.png

Day 3+

Next few days weren't so interesting, but still a lot of action going around.

I shifted some priority to cooking, also it seems that the rice harvest started. The most interesting part, however, is that we harvestedTindril lung. Not bad, it seems Andnjord is getting a transplant. I just hope I extracted the right lung. Yeah, the colonists will be grumbling about it for a week or so, but they can bite it.
NBF33lr.png

Also, since we have some spare bionics, let's install some legs around, it is not like Tindril will be using them again.

Y8f3vn4.png

Now that limbs are in place, let's take a look at the base. Since we will soon have a lot of power from geos, I decided to open more year round farming area, and since I am lazy it will be all potatoes.

cN8LP9B.png

GZE1YhS.png

After some uneventful days of building and toiling, a quest popped up. Since we lack any common sense, we will help the dame in distress, in exchange for a... helmet, I guess.

xqD9Q6C.png

The sun blocker is here. How can this thing block the sun from reaching my base is beyond me but the pirates are there, waiting. Time for an expedition.

6rBDKcI.png

I will take four soldiers and a boar. I left the supplies on automatic, but I think this might not be ideal. They have only 5 days worth of supplies, so may the gods help them. Bon voyage.

wgtwQyV.png

Animal starvation seems to be a major issue on the base. I honestly have no idea what do here, won't they simply graze? Anyway, they are all miscarriaging.

MBwBbvO.png

After some focused research, groundbreaking tech is now upon us. Behold the Ground Penetrating Scanner (tm). I really have no idea what this thing does.

--

Ok, we finally arrived at the sunblocking site. I think I will try to snipe the power generator, then rush them. Or something. Oh, I also forgot to equip Demo.graph before leaving, so she will be watching mostly.

4sjzGoT.png

It turns out the pirates were a bunch of scrubs with cheap daggers. Really, it was a slaughter. After struggling for a while figuring how to heal my soldiers in the middle of nowhere,I found the mythical sunblocker. I chopped it with a sword.

AKKbIeH.png

The perils have no end though, and Falksi managed to acquire an infection. There is some medicine around, let's hope it is enough.

xMabxMx.png

I decided to risk it and bring the expedition back immediately. Falski might miss his next medicine application, though. I expect her to get better medical care at the base, hopefully. Since she is being carried the expedition will take a bit longer to return.

8asvPjA.png

The gods hate us, the caravan has been attacked. Hopefully it is only a few more weak pirates. I will fight and, hopefully, apply more medicine to the lass.

gMYhbLs.png

It seems these ones have guns actually. Spoiler: they were easily dispatched. Also I found out that the tending time of infections doesn't seem to pass while in caravan mode. Also I screwed up this one so no pictures for this encounter.

essyBkn.png

Alas, the random encounters in this thing are a bit harsh. Now they want my rifle, I will just give them the charges instead.

pgjuXzo.png

Ok, after countless encounters and resting stops, we managed to cover all the 10km between the sunblocker and our base. After getting an urgent warning that Falksi was about to die, she immediately developed immunity and is healthy again.

This ends the first week of this year in Primordia. Hopefully we can harvest more organs in the next days.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Animal starvation seems to be a major issue on the base. I honestly have no idea what do here, won't they simply graze?
They just ran out of grazing plants in their area. You'd have to move the zone (which should be animal general, unless you changed it) or set the animals to the same zone as the vegetarian hauling animals, which excludes the growing areas.
Also some animals might be stuck in the middle of the base, next to the pet cemetery (zone animals hospital/train)

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Excellent start asfasdf

I could not keep myself updated on what Baud did those last days so I was almost as surprised as you. Now that the Armenia vs Azerbaijan let's play is over I am going to roll back on this one.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
somebody should do a crusaders Kings / civ/ whatever Codex lets play on that one, would be swell.

Could be fun. People changing after their ruler dies.
Yeah I did that at European Universalis. It IS very fun indeed. Never did at CK and I think it would not work as well, as when I start a CK game I always spend at least 1 or 2 generations before the names around me mean something ("that guy is the son of that other guy I used to know")

asfasdf

robot
Patron
I played a couple more days and things went to hell pretty fast. If anyone has any suggestion on what to do next, I am listening.

Back into base, Demo.graph couldn't take the stresses of the trip and is now on alcohol binging.
AQcU2D3.png

Following advice from the forums, I expanded the animals area a bit, I hope this is enough to fight starvation.
cEc1kcK.png

And once again I screwed up the screenshots. This time we are under attack by a dozen hives (with lots of bugs). The battle is quite brutal, and I made some poor judgements in placements. I wrecked up the initial screenshot, but here you can see the result of the first part of the engagement.
p6BRFVU.png

I got overwhelmed by the things.
1CcbyPB.png

Well, that was a clusterfuck. I managed to distract the things with the animals and rescue most colonists. Three are down permanently, which is a problem. Also I lost tons of animals...
Yj5PIIz.png

Lost another one, and a donkey is attacking my last standing colonist...
A612kii.png

In our darkest hour a man in black appeared. Not sure what he is up to.
BHumA8H.png

He promptly duels the donkey... and loses.
Ij2CLUe.png

A few seconds later, a mechanoid raid appears. The day is getting better and better.
YVRU0sy.png

Fighting the bugs in the open was a deadly mistake, I should have funneled them through doors. The situation is pretty dire right now, I think there is time to save all the non dead colonists, in fact one of them is standing right now, but the mechanoids will overwhelm them. So, suggestions?

Last edited:

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Well, I decided to try my luck against the mechs, these are the results:

On the bright side, the murderous donkey Stetson was killed by a lancer.
il476nx.png

I activated the defenses, maybe if the robots go north, instead of hammering the doors like the bugs, I might have a chance.
4f2ZCgW.png

Good news, they are moving north. Maybe I will survive after all.
R2ne0oQ.png

The mechanoids are dead, time to salvage what I can. The situation is pretty bad, two of the survivors have infections, and I am scrambling to save them. I hope glitterworld meds are enough.
h9U4sLO.png

Well, the damage was bad. Here is the current situation:
- Infections are healed, the dead has been interred.
- Azira is under arrest after going berserk, it will be a while to re-recruit him.
- Only 5 animals left, most of the bodies rotted as I spent time tending to colonists.
- I don't have any decent farmer left, which can be an issue.
- The base is in shambles, I am still repairing stuff
- ValeVelKal overdosed on a mental break, but will survive. Probably.
- Colonists are back on gruel.
- The man in black (which I guess will be renamed now?) is a researcher, so at least that is one less problem.
- I have no more animal trainers, bummer.
- We lost a total of 5 colonists in the battle against the damn bugs. Is someone keeping a memorial somewhere?
BETDF1U.png

I installed a bionic leg on Falksi. I am also cremating the tons of rotten dead critters.
WOsuJpK.png

After long days of drug binging, 'social' fights and other incidents, a visitor from an allied faction appeared. I am considering arresting her, even though that would start a war with the faction. The situation is a bit desperate, so I will ask for your opinions. Should we go to war to get more colonists? She isn't a farmer, unfortunately, but at least she can shoot.
WWCh9gE.png

I forgot to mention, Tindril died while I was healing the others (starvation?), no more harvested organs unfortunately.

vazha

Arcane
Dont tell me you got me killed literaly the second updatan after i was finally recruited? xD And just who are you, while we are at it?

vazha

Arcane
Yep, I am dead alright. Damn you! And damn Grimwulf for making me care for anything other than KKK!

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
- Azira is under arrest after going berserk, it will be a while to re-recruit him.

If you release a colonist after arresting them during a mental break, they just go back to being a colonist (with a big mood debuff). Though I don't know if that still works now that Azira has spent some time in jail.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
That was big. The Great Culling. The Reset.

Looks like me and SmartCheetah saved the day.

Don't take it too personally Azira and baud, but you were TOO good (or too careful for Baud) for the health of the Let's Succeed. Succession games need some failures :p

Johannes

Arcane
Definitely not worth it to start a war over a mediocre pawn. You've got good food storages, good defenses, good medical facilities... Just need to keep it cool, repair and clean stuff up, to stabilize the colony. Maybe call in some caravans.

Growing doesn't seem critical right now, when there's so much meat (and more can be hunted). Any other big skills missing now?

Also can you do a quick eulogy of everyone who's died, showing what they succumbed to and where? Or not sure if you can see those pages after they've been buried.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
The messages are like this:

yfvAJhs.png

I am afraid everybody died of blood loss.

Edit: somebody died of something else:

5MVOS1g.png

Tough luck.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Definitely not worth it to start a war over a mediocre pawn. You've got good food storages, good defenses, good medical facilities... Just need to keep it cool, repair and clean stuff up, to stabilize the colony. Maybe call in some caravans.

Growing doesn't seem critical right now, when there's so much meat (and more can be hunted). Any other big skills missing now?

Also can you do a quick eulogy of everyone who's died, showing what they succumbed to and where? Or not sure if you can see those pages after they've been buried.
Yeah, try to do a sarcophagus for each of them so we have some fun text !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom