Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

J1M

Arcane

Want to know what it's like to work at Bioware? Just imagine how embarrassing it would be to announce a 4K remaster of your game with a blurry 1080p trailer.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Just give them better character animations because there little to improve in the look (and just bigger chance to screw that up).

Spoiler - they will use assets from Andromeda, like this
Yzw0l36Bj_gZR9aCka4E08n_LNYHMpQlHLQvKnuH3Z4.jpg

enjoy the (shit)show

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just in case, i backed up my Steam copy of ME1 (the best entry in the series anyway) and passed the executable through Steamless so that it removes Steam's encryption.

Vorark

Erudite
tn_1235245586270.jpg

Without technical details beyond "4k ultra 240fps!!!1!!" marketing spiel, this is just too much ado about nothing.

I'd be interested in a new game set on the Terminus systems, of which we barely had a glimpse of in ME2, or maybe dealing with the aftermath of the war and rebuilding efforts. Of course, Bioware would need to first unfuck ME3's ending or at minimum consider 'destroy' as the canon choice, else we risk being stuck with drivel like Andromeda.

Caim

Arcane
tn_1235245586270.jpg

Without technical details beyond "4k ultra 240fps!!!1!!" marketing spiel, this is just too much ado about nothing.

I'd be interested in a new game set on the Terminus systems, of which we barely had a glimpse of in ME2, or maybe dealing with the aftermath of the war and rebuilding efforts. Of course, Bioware would need to first unfuck ME3's ending or at minimum consider 'destroy' as the canon choice, else we risk being stuck with drivel like Andromeda.
Or take the Deus Ex approach and make all of them canon. Shepard became the machine god, took control of the Reapers, and then they all blew up.

purupuru

Learned
What's the point?
If there is one game series that aged badly it's this one, gameplay is mediocre at best for a shooter, level design is atrocious, writing is cringey, the only thing that made it stood out was the cut-scenes which by today's standards are nothing to write home about.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Too bad for the voiced protagonist or else I would've played them. Game has a ridiculous fanbase, though. Surprised how crazy they are. I feel like DA didn't have quite the crazy fanbase that ME does. Anyways, I wish these game went back to non-voiced protagonist. Usually, that dialogue wheel just doesn't cut it for me. You don't really know what the character will say, and oftentimes, it's utterly retarded reactions that don't make a lot of sense.

Readher

Savant
Too bad for the voiced protagonist or else I would've played them. Game has a ridiculous fanbase, though. Surprised how crazy they are. I feel like DA didn't have quite the crazy fanbase that ME does. Anyways, I wish these game went back to non-voiced protagonist. Usually, that dialogue wheel just doesn't cut it for me. You don't really know what the character will say, and oftentimes, it's utterly retarded reactions that don't make a lot of sense.
First DA game was very much a PC game that only kinda worked on X360, DA2 was a mess and DA:I had a lot of gameplay problems ("single-player MMO" probably being the biggest one). Meanwhile, ME was more or leses made with consoles in mind from the start and while every installment had its problems, they're all generally considered good at the very least. It's not that surprising that ME is much more popular than DA.

RepHope

Savant
You play as the same character over 3 games and waifus are the main attraction. It’s the video game equivalent of harem anime and attracts the same crowd: mentally ill tumblrinas who use it to get the love and attention they feel entitled to but never receive in life.

jackofshadows

Magister
Anyone watched the whole vid?

I've scrolled a bit and half of what I've heared was about incloosivity, gender stuff, Alix Regan revelations about her two moms, "fleeting" fact that women are underpaid and other similiar shit. Fuck this.

Monk

Arcane
Pointless. They couldn't even finish ME3. Instead of wasting time with a remaster, they could have just worked on a boss battle instead of cut scenes for the ending.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Pointless. They couldn't even finish ME3. Instead of wasting time with a remaster, they could have just worked on a boss battle instead of cut scenes for the ending.
They are making ME5. Adding new stuff in trilogy would require too much of work.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
First DA game was very much a PC game that only kinda worked on X360, DA2 was a mess and DA:I had a lot of gameplay problems ("single-player MMO" probably being the biggest one). Meanwhile, ME was more or leses made with consoles in mind from the start and while every installment had its problems, they're all generally considered good at the very least. It's not that surprising that ME is much more popular than DA.

Dragon Age never had this badass shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom