Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggest a JRPG for me...

Which JRPG should I play next?

• Shing Force 2

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Golden Sun

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Lufia 2

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Terranigma

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Secret of Mana

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Lunar: The Silver Star

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Shing The Holy Ark

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

Ysaye

Arbiter
That's interesting - I bought StHA just before COVID and I have it sitting there; I have been meaning to either rip a ROM from it and emulate it or buy a second hand Sega Saturn (yes I know - I am lazy) so thanks for the suggestions of what I can emulate it with.

downwardspiral

Learned
If you like Uncharted Waters 2 or a less linear JRPG.
Uncharted Waters 3 is also worth a try when English patch is out, some people seems to be making an English localization now.
Character can age, marry and having kids.
Character skills include different language, for example if you sail to Japan without learning Japanese, people there will not speak clearly to you.
You can only communicate with the local after gaining the knowledge to that language.
At start you have no money and ship so you need to find a noble rich guy to fund your adventure, you go to local library to search for myth and legends.
And find a myth a local noble is interested in, so he will fund your trip and ships. You can then take that ship away without fulfilling your contract then be hunted.
The game has no main quest at all, completely free, it is all up to you. Some myth and quest are quite interesting.

Also Lunatic Dawn series, especially Passage of the Book, there is an English patch.
It is similar type of games, but more tradition JRPGs.

And metal max series. Much more tradition JRPG but less main quest.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2
Shining Force 2

God, did I ever tell you guys how much I'm in love with Shining Force 2?
Shining Force sega cd that has 1&2 i believe and a special mission upon completion of both

sys0nar

Educated
Real ones play Final Fantasy Legends 2 on Gameboy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom