Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Gunnar

Arbiter
Does anyone know how necromancers were made better in version 3.0? Do they possibly get a chance to become liches??? :bounce:

I tested Necromancers after 3.0 and they hadn't been changed from what I could tell. The specific idea we talked about was to give them the ability to sometimes permanently gain a hit point if they kill something with certain spells.

Edit: here is Cleve's post on Necromancers I'm talking about

Last edited:

MadMal073

Literate
Does anyone know how necromancers were made better in version 3.0? Do they possibly get a chance to become liches??? :bounce:

I tested Necromancers after 3.0 and they hadn't been changed from what I could tell. The specific idea we talked about was to give them the ability to sometimes permanently gain a hit point if they kill something with certain spells.

That would be pretty cool. One thing that I did notice, though I'm not sure whether it's a new feature is that while Vamphyrs have low hp, it is pretty awesome when they hit with unarmed bite attacks. The bite itself only appears to do 1d4 or so damage, but it triggers a save that, when failed, deals about 15 damage more to the monster, that the Vamphyr gains as hp. Was a very pleasant surprise when I discovered that :)

noog24

Barely Literate
I don't know where to start. It's frankly incredible to me that this game exists and Cleveland saw this project through. 20+ years! As a software developer (albeit not a game developer) it's remarkable to see a fruitful release after that long of a development cycle. This is indeed the kind of dedication and vision that is lacking almost entirely in today's gaming industry. It's a success story I won't soon forget and will be sure to tell.

Ever since I played Wizardry 7 in my college days I've had a continued affinity for open-world games (still looking at you, Terraria). I eschew almost all other RPG's that are story/cutscene based and I fall squarely into the blobber genre when it comes to RPG's. The maps, the loot and the game mechanics, combined with a good pair of headphones and my esoteric choices in music - that is the story for me. More than any other game, Wizardry 7 has remained a touchstone for me - still remember my good friend and I, attending colleges 4 hours apart, often helping each other over the phone on this game. Well, mostly him helping me since he had a better knack for the puzzles. My strength was farming the right map regions and buffing up my characters when I was stuck LOL. I was a map piece short of finishing the game and I could never figure out what I had borked ... so in a sense I still feel like I have unfinished business, even after all this time!

I'm a week in and enjoying Grimoire so far. This game is a godsend because it has the quality of life improvements Wizardry 7 always needed and that Wizardry Gold (shudder) massively failed on. Going to take my time and enjoy this bad boy - I'm feeling this will be a memorable winter of gaming. Cheers and many thanks to you Cleveland!

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You gotta read the manual. You really Have to with this one. There’s also a few guides on the Steam Community page.

Bara

Arcane
So I'm looking at reviews of books on DMsguild for any good third party content for 5e and I see the weirdest thing.

If you pause the video at 3:03 the art on the right hand of the screen is exactly the same as the one used on the gog page for Grimoire

I'm guessing it's not a big deal though and whoever Cleve paid for the art retained the rights to it. Or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caim

Arcane
So I'm looking at reviews of books on DMsguild for any good third party content for 5e and I see the weirdest thing.

If you pause the video at 3:03 the art on the right hand of the screen is exactly the same as the one used on the gog page for Grimoire

I'm guessing it's not a big deal though and whoever Cleve paid for the art retained the rights to it. Or something.

No idea how that works, let's ask Cleveland Mark Blakemore himself about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Which one of you did this?

icon_thumbsUp.png
Recommended
7.3 hrs last two weeks / 7.3 hrs on record (5.7 hrs at review time)
Posted: 20 Dec @ 4:29pm
Updated: 20 Dec @ 4:45pm

REMOVE STONES OF ARNHEM remove stones of arnhem you are worst rpg. you are the rpg idiot you are the rpg smell. return to sirotech. - - sir-tech genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead siroteks SIR-TECH WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget daredevil donut lad.bethesda we kill the king , bethesda return to your precious zenimax….hahahahaha idiot sir-tech and sirotek smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE STONES OF ARNHEM FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. cleve+golden baby+grimoire+vault-co=kill sir-tech…you will daredevil donut lad/ cleve alive in australia, cleve making vault of australia . strong vault cleve australia. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of daredevil donut lad. daredevil donut lad alive numbr one #1 in app store….♥♥♥♥ the siroteks,..♥♥♥♥♥ ashol sir-tech no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur logo and company. cleve aliv and real strong wizard kill all the sirotek farm aminal with rpg magic now we the golden baby rule .ape of the zoo presidant robert woodhead ♥♥♥♥ the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and sir-tech wa;s born. stupid non-golden baby form the eggn give bak our game we will crush u lik a skull of pig. grimoire greattst oldskool rpg

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071146368/recommended/650670/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom