Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I keep getting filtered by these mutant bastards down at the depot. The regular ones were piss easy with trap spam and picking off the reluctant mutties with crossbow. Now these bastards are spitting god damn vomit all over and I can do fuck. I already restarted my earlier character by redoing the build (I didn't plan to first one because I tl;dr the feat list) to be efficient, and I have all the specs planned out step by step. I'm not done exploring whatever is free to explore while avoiding combat and without extreme savescumming. I'm on hard difficulty.
If you have stealth:
Heavy trap-spam - create real death zones
Caltrops as well - throwing a caltrop doesn't aggro anyone
Find a cover - the container right at the entrance is a good choice for that, if we talk the first zone
Throw Molotovs - let them burn

If still too hard, open the second entrance and abuse leaving map and entering from the other side

madhouse

Thanks for all the advice. I will get those glowing bastards.
fa1.jpg

madhouse

I've been doing some of the side content and I'm pleased to see how much better I've gotten. The ((((glow)))) nigg bastards are still on my priority list, but I will deal with the war between Junkyard gangs first. I'm extremely disappointed to see that SGS has no desire to get a hold in Junkyard. Oh well, my character is a true mercenary at heart and has no loyalties at the end of the day. Protectorate it is for these scum.
A quick question: do merchants get rid of their inventory? I marked the shop in Junkyard docks as having super string mod for crossbow, and now that I've returned to buy it, it is nowhere to be found. Is it the fucking glowing cunts messing with my chances against them or am I missing something?

P.S.
I got the frog armor. Should serve me well against mutties. By the way, I wish the sprite would retain that camo look that you get without adding the cloth and padding. It's a real shame it looks exactly like any other leather armor now.

Parabalus

Arcane
A quick question: do merchants get rid of their inventory? I marked the shop in Junkyard docks as having super string mod for crossbow, and now that I've returned to buy it, it is nowhere to be found. Is it the fucking glowing cunts messing with my chances against them or am I missing something?

It respawns the inventory after a certain amount of (real) time.

This is of interest since the merchants' money is limited, so you dump loot at their feet (doesn't disappear) and pick it up and sell it when you pass by.

madhouse

It respawns the inventory after a certain amount of (real) time.

This is of interest since the merchants' money is limited, so you dump loot at their feet (doesn't disappear) and pick it up and sell it when you pass by.
Thanks.

PqIFmm3.jpg

Siphoner leather has a very nice texture.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
im talking dominating, where they can be encountered in many areas outside of dc.
RAF 013 is one but quite far story wise.

abandoned warehouse(part of rail crossing quest line) is open as soon as you are done with junkyard. If you pity crawlers against robots, industry bot will be last one standing to make testing easy.

yeah its unlikely you can find better sample than that last one but you probably cleaned that one out already.

Can only think of those 2 right now
I reloaded me energy char save and paid a visit to the Fort Apogee. Roflstomped through the place - while, for comparison, my PSI char didn't made it past the first inside corridor.

If Protectorate Dreadnoughts will suffice, my lazor does ~500-580 dmg per crit on DOM, and with crit chance of 74% they come in quite reliably.

Jason Liang

Arcane
RAF 013... i forgot about this encounter. Dominating is something else... Im not sure if I would have been able to clear it if I was using just knives... maybe if I had 10 mk3 plasma grenades and managed to stall enemies well.

Anyway with pew pew lazor it was doable. Looks like industry robots are quite resistant to crits? They happen very rarely.
And I didnt even use plasma grenades as... I forgot to craft them.

In other news, who is laser emiter vendor? I mean who sells best quality, like for example erza is for shield emiters. Im hitting all the vendors and so far im unlucky, only got q100.
My best is q148 from Constatine

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
oh I see. Nice goggles there... I think about starting over even more. Scrutinous is nice, Shame its gated behind perception. Btw there are 5% chips I believe, I see you also did put points into recklessness spec.
All in all you might have went overboard
With this char I had low Dex, so pew-pew is only three times per turn, thus the crit chance did matter.

Also yes, I'm aware of better chips but somehow this char didn't have them.

evasion as skill is useless on dom, not even making a dent.
It helps a lot with explosive attacks. I could tank Nagas and Dreadnought rockets for some time even with 3 CON. Also, sometime people do miss.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
how do you get 74% crit chance? Running ambush/survival instinct?
None of these. Something like this:

5% base (6% Laser Base) + 15% recklessness + 15% Focus Stim + 2% Hardcore Chips + 7% Scrutinous + 9% Infused Rathoud Leather Armor + 19% Seeker goggles (+3% Body Horror, selective) = 72% min, 76% max

Ambush + Incendiary Grenades > 100%

This situational feat can increase your critical hit chance even over 100%. At the minimum requirement of 40 stealth, it gives a 32% (20+0.3*40) increase. Does not require Stealth Mode.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
EDIT: speaking of dominating and evasion being meh, I was always curious about running something like 10 agi blitz knifer with high intimidation to utilize yell and brutality

Yell doesn't intimidate robots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom