Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anno 1800

Olinser

Savant
So two horse armor DLCs and one legit expansion. Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft.

And still no Steam release.

Fuck Epic and fuck Ubisoft for taking the bribe.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you use the club discount with a sale it's counted from the discounted price, not the original one.
The only exception from this was Black Friday sale, and then I don't know if they still do it, because back then you could not use the club discount with discounted games in the first place. I did not check last year.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
wiXzYdW.jpg

NEVER EVER. Buy it, goy. Exclusively on Epic Games Store.
EGS in general seems to be defending well against cracks, with tech or bribes.

CyberModuled

Savant
It ain't exclusively EGS doing it given you can also just get it on UPlay and avoid EGS all together. Most likely crackers don't give a shit about the game itself and/or they don't want to bother with the multiple fucking layers of DRM it might have like the more recent AC titles (the Denuvo + VMProtect + UPlay combo). That plus given Ubisoft's incentive to recently lock certain amounts of content of singleplayer games to online only, even if it was fully cracked, who knows what would technically be playable in those cracks.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Most likely crackers don't give a shit about the game itself and/or they don't want to bother with the multiple fucking layers of DRM it might have like the more recent AC titles (the Denuvo + VMProtect + UPlay combo).

This. Too much work for "nobody gives a shit about some European RTS".

This is not likely to ever be cracked.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was a rabid fan of Anno. I adored 1440, I spent countless 24+ hour sessions with 2070, I got all non-bugged achievements in 2205 (and you know what that fucking shit takes if you know anything about 2205).

I played exactly TWO games of 1800 - one five hour campaign and one sandbox run. Spent maybe 30 hours in the game. It was...fine. But I had ZERO urge to go back. Zero, zilch, nada. Something about this feels so routine, so beige, so soul-crushingly acceptable.

Let me put it this way - the difference between 1440/2070 and 1800 is like the difference between sex with your hot GF a month into the relationship and sex with your wife 20 years into the marriage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom