Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You're all autists

overly excitable young man

Yeah, sry. The sneaking stuff is easy actually. I'm now in the second room with those ants near the hole.

i did it:

part-1.png

part-2.png

part-3.png

i'm suprised that i stole his key in my first attempt.

Anyway, the challenge was surprisingly fun ! i need some rest now, the third room will give me some PTSD later.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Okay, I guess I'll admit I was probably wrong, and say that you can beat it with any normal character, not retardo gimmick builds. Perhaps you can't win the game with a 1 str 1 end 1 agi char, but is that really a bad thing? It's the game's way of telling you you made an unwinnable build. Better to learn now than 20 hours later.

*edit* nevermind, winnable but still harder than I thought.

i did it:

part-1.png

8I56UaZ.png

part-2.png

part-3.png

i'm suprised that i stole his key in my first attempt.

Anyway, the challenge was surprising fun ! i need some rest now, the third room will give me some PTSD later.

I really didnt know that 8% sneaking is so useful.
Lol i stole the key on my third attempt.

D8unRoJ.png

8I56UaZ.png

Temple of Trials is a good place to filter weak characters from newbies. Anyone with agility and strength lower than 4 will struggle. Fallout 2 combat it's the hardest part, i remember dying non stop to random encounters around Navarro base.

Yeah, stealing him is a lot easier than i thought.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Skill based system> rng based system .
op is right and you are all wrong niggas
Player skill - character skill - RNG. Combination of any two outweighs the third one, but while the first two are under the player control, the third one is not and thus unreliable. If it's all about RNG, then the player is mentally challenged and has no skill himself and can't build a proper character.

Saduj

Arcane
Not to defend OP (who is retarded), but a lot of games do have god awful random logic systems.

Pretty good chance OP is just trolling. The story doesn't even make logical sense. Talks about taking a default character with the excuse "just as a quick test run to check settings and resolution on the new Steam version." From his story, he accomplished what he set out to do with that default character. But somehow the goalposts get moved and now it is a major tragedy and indictment of the whole game and anyone who likes it that this character he had no intention on really playing the game with has died due to bad luck.

The true retard is the one who jumped right on this nonsensical bandwagon....

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I fail to understand the big hub-drub about the Trials. Sure, they're not particularly fun, but unless you really screwed up your character you can savescum a few times to get out.

laclongquan

Arcane
dafuckona.png

i'm missing something ?

When you spec your build as the nerdiest, luckiest playboy in the school, you dont go mano-a-mano with the school jocks (which is Cameron). Even if you praise your muscle (Bruiser)

When you are the most beautiful nerdboy in school, you gotta use your advantages.

Talk your way out of your challenge?

Steal your way out of your challenge?

if you had chosen to fight your way through, you would have insulted your intelligence of 10, your good luck of 10, and your godbless luck of 10.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Did Currybum really not self-eject after this? What a waste.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I fail to understand the big hub-drub about the Trials. Sure, they're not particularly fun, but unless you really screwed up your character you can savescum a few times to get out.
But if you need to reload something that means it wasn't easy enough!
If failure is a possiblity, the game is too hard!

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
undecaf
Tavernking

I just loosely quoted Vault Dweller words of wisdom:

Chance to succeed = character's skills + player's knowledge + RNG. If the first two are low, then the outcome is completely random. If the first two are high, the outcome is anything but random (see Eyestabber's ironman playthrough).

And yes, ironman runs of RPGs kinda prove that point

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Every game on the planet requires you to fudge some things with your imagination. If it's not "90% chance to hit someone 2 feet away with a shotgun" then it's "headshot doesn't kill a human instantly" or "walk into town and talk to every random person you see and get their life story." They're fucking video games, not getting that is the true autism.

dafuckona.png

i'm missing something ?

When you spec your build as the nerdiest, luckiest playboy in the school, you dont go mano-a-mano with the school jocks (which is Cameron). Even if you praise your muscle (Bruiser)

When you are the most beautiful nerdboy in school, you gotta use your advantages.

Talk your way out of your challenge?

Steal your way out of your challenge?

if you had chosen to fight your way through, you would have insulted your intelligence of 10, your good luck of 10, and your godbless luck of 10.
Dude. You missed the context.
This was my proposed solution for the worst char to start with as i thought it could make the beginning impossible.

As Sreggin Etah I showed though your sneak, lockpicking and steal skills are always high enough to let you out of the temple.
And when they are not you are forced to skill other stuff that makes it easier.

The only way to git gud in a system as retarded as old Fallouts is to savescum out your fucking ass.

Which, now that I spent some time thinking about my first time playing the game 20 years ago, was mostly how I spent my time with it.

I don't know about Fallout 3, but having played Fallout New Vegas a lot and beaten the game on very hard multiple times, i say that FNV is a complete joke difficulty wise. You can just level your gun to 40 and then one shot almost everything in the game with a rifle through sneak attack plus headshot, in old Fallouts (especially Fallout 2) not leveling combat skills would screw you over sometimes, combat skills just doesn't matter in FNV. Also in FNV you can freely open your inventory in combat to consume multiple stimpaks or multiple foods, making you a regenerating immortal god, where's in Fallout 1/2 you can't freely open your inventory in combat without consequences. Not to mention the infinite ways you can cheese the AI in FNV like climbing a rock when fighting non flying/armed enemies.

You don't need to git gud at FNV, the game is a joke. Say what you want about Fallout 1/2 RNG, but at least these games will always remain challenging, Fallout 2 on normal is a lot harder than FNV on very hard.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom