Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay, Artisans delivered me items and I didn't get them in my inventory (forgot about), went back to Oleg's and it's in the personal stash chest inside the Inn??? Is this a glitch, game never told me this happened?
The inn stash, and the stash inside your bedroom are the same one with the one in your throne room.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually, I think executing Tristian is a mistake. Sarenrae will just resurrect him, for all we know.

I think proper punishment for him should have been life term torture. Preferably by some kind of a device to keep the man hours cost down. Now, the question is who could keep torturing him forever; the Baron is mortal (unless an elf), but may be this responsibility can be given to Vordakai. This way, I think, Tristian would have really gotten what he deserved.

The Decline

Arcane
It's crazy how good this game is. I wish there were other developers willing to take the core game and just go nuts making other games, like what happened with the Infinity Engine.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
This game...
So I always thought that Sharel's personal quest does not match my Baron's (and mine) life views. As the result, when the Baron finally caught the "poachers", he took the bribe and let Morhalan go. The bribe was quite significant, by the way, and included all quest related gems. So Morhalan went and said something like "I have one last business here". And he freaking killed this moron Sharel! Really killed him!

I have lost the best artizan (probably), but I am so glad this annoying lizard rights defender was gutted in front of his house.
Thus, the personal artizan quests granted me another piece of joy. Kingdom Management is much more fun than it looks at the beginning.

user

Savant
Bored out of my mind lately and was thinking of starting another solo character playthrough with CotW. Was thinking of a shapeshifter druid since CotW adds a wealth of interesting feats for wildshape. Any ideas of what else I could try (versatile/lots of spells, with a unique playstyle and powerful enough for solo)? Already ran it with a necromancer, arcanist, dragon disciple, monster tactician, kineticist, arcane trickster).

Edit: Does any class work around hasted/instant casting, without quicken and besides EK?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
wth.jpg

Consider your situation not as "a bad game crashes my computer", but as "there is some flaw in my system, and this particular program reveals it".
:hmmm:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Word of warning for any elf lovers: If you give Jaethal the Cursed Cloak, and you resolve her personal quest where she ends up being alive again, the Cursed Cloak will bug and you won't be able to equip another cloak in Nyrissa's Funhouse until you successfully remove the curse.

Bored out of my mind lately and was thinking of starting another solo character playthrough with CotW. Was thinking of a shapeshifter druid since CotW adds a wealth of interesting feats for wildshape. Any ideas of what else I could try (versatile/lots of spells, with a unique playstyle and powerful enough for solo)? Already ran it with a necromancer, arcanist, dragon disciple, monster tactician, kineticist, arcane trickster).

Edit: Does any class work around hasted/instant casting, without quicken and besides EK?

Skald’s spell kenning let’s them cast any wizard or cleric spell, 1-3 times a day. So it’s really versatile. No idea about soloing, though, not my bag, and some of the other crazy shit Skald’s get pays off if you have companions: Improved Skald’s Vigor gives Fast Healing 5 to everyone while you are jamming (!!!) and shared rage powers let’s you give everyone pounce and natural armor or the spirit totem perpetual PB AoE. Discordant song gives everyone a d6 sonic damage boost, it has access to bardic masterpieces, etc. The class is crazy.

user

Savant
Skald’s spell kenning let’s them cast any wizard or cleric spell, 1-3 times a day. So it’s really versatile. No idea about soloing, though, not my bag, and some of the other crazy shit Skald’s get pays off if you have companions: Improved Skald’s Vigor gives Fast Healing 5 to everyone while you are jamming (!!!) and shared rage powers let’s you give everyone pounce and natural armor or the spirit totem perpetual PB AoE. Discordant song gives everyone a d6 sonic damage boost, it has access to bardic masterpieces, etc. The class is crazy.

Yeah, Skald as support is very effective, but for some reason after playing these kind of games with a party to check on the companion dialogue etc, I always go on solo character runs and I want an interesting class to kill my time with. I am almost tempted to roll a necromancer all over again.

Trashos

Arcane
Every time I am at the Varnhold chapter, I always have the same thought:

Best dungeon evah: Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes -the door puzzles are extremely satisfying
Worst "dungeon" (fighting location, rather) evah: City of Hollow Eyes -"how many mobs can I cram into a single map for no good reason"

It would be funny if these 2 locations have the same designer.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just finished the game. 9/10 , would a 10/10 but the last dungeon is trash. I got the trick end. Trolled both the latern king and bitch nymp lol Sadly could'nt getymp Tieflings girls full romance ..
Feelsbadman

Also Supporte Necromance, fucked over Aldori , Dugath leader , Pitax old ways , Death to Kobolds/Trolls , Vanhold gone with "Maegar" as my adivasor , Kesten best boy , Valerie Hellknight, Harrim respected, Oct and Reg ended up fine, Ekun with Elina, Jub befriends me :D , Nok-Nok hero. No romance tho. Good ending overall

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Just finished the game. 9/10 , would a 10/10 but the last dungeon is trash. I got the trick end.

If you use the clouds to teleport smartly, you can avoid almost all fighting in HATEOT. Takes some trial and error, though.

Yoomazir

Educated
Get a animal companion they say, it will make the early portion of the game easier they say. What they don't say is that later on, while you're sitting on the throne during those kingdom meetings, your animal will have it's BUTT SHOVED IN YOUR FACE ALL THE FUCKING TIME!! It fucking sucks man! That is unless you're into that stuff, if you are into that then, uh, yeah...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Get a animal companion they say, it will make the early portion of the game easier they say. What they don't say is that later on, while you're sitting on the throne during those kingdom meetings, your animal will have it's BUTT SHOVED IN YOUR FACE ALL THE FUCKING TIME!! It fucking sucks man! That is unless you're into that stuff, if you are into that then, uh, yeah...

Just like real pets :D

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Quick question since I might have some time to play in December. Have they fixed the save bloat and the ridiculous graphics-card frying GPU usage? Oh, also, there is an issue where you have to play 4K or else the character portraits are super blurry. You can't play anything less than 4K or else custom portraits end up looking like shit. Did that get fixed any too?

edit:
Man, I feel like there is no way this game should be taxing my GPU so much. My GPU is a Radeon RX580 8gb version. It's not great, but it can play GTA: V at high settings. This game is nowhere near GTA: V demands.

I went ahead and looked at my last save and tried to see if it fixed some of the issues. Yeah, resolution is still tied to character portraits, BUT I went ahead and put it back on 4K and then lowered all my settings. I'm getting like 80 fps now. Back in March, I'd still get only like 20-30 fps regardless of what I did as long as it was on 4K.

Not sure how they fixed it, but I added graphics quality back to see what happens. Grass density doesn't do much to decrease FPS, nor does textures or physics. I think it's mainly the lighting and anti-aliasing which really doesn't, imo, make the game uglier or prettier. It's not that nice-looking of a game anyways. If anything, PoE is a much nicer looking game, and my system handles it as if I was playing BG: EE or something. I have no idea why this game is so ridiculously taxing, but I hope they fix this shit in the sequel. Maybe they needed to get some PoE designers or something.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just finished killing the Latern king and the last dungeon is ass. Hated it but at least got to romance Kannerah in the end. 9/10 , if wasn't for the last act of the game , this game would be 10/10.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Which classes are the best for beginners? Except fighter.

I bought the physical book, so I am gonna learn as I play.

And I am gonna play in the difficulty above normal.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Grenadier. Just throw dem bombzz.

Also, if you're going to use the book keep in mind that there are some differences. For example, Grenadier is straight up Alchemist upgrade without drawbacks. They say it is different in tabletop.

I wouldn't disregard the fighter so quickly. PF:KM is one of the rare games where melee is more satisfying than magic. While you'll get so powerful that the combat maneuvers will be superfluous, they can still be fun. Kingmaker has a lot of them. If you're really against melee, then Alchemist is a good choice. Kineticist can be difficult to grasp, but it's also very difficult to screw up since the class is so potent. The class features and abilities are also very well suited to managing KM challenges of attrition and resource management.

Not sure what the hype about Jaethal is. Reminds me of an edgy teenager who think they're bored of life when in reality, they're just a boring person. Nice advisor, but I don't see how any person could overcome her introduction. "I'm an undead who murdered and brewed her kin so I could get a wicked buzz. Also, I'm better than you."

After tolerating her in my righteous new kingdom long enough...
I turned her over to justice by the hand of her daughter. Good riddance.

hell bovine

Arcane

Depends what you mean by best. Druid (defender of the true world) for example is easy. If you choose one of the tougher animal companions or one of the cats, it will carry you through the entire early game while you learn the mechanics. Later on your druid gets some very nice spells, while the companion remainst useful provided you keep buffing it.

My recommendations would be Paladin or Sylvan Sorcerer. Both have some neat stuff to learn but are relatively straight forward and strong.

Trashos

Arcane
Not sure what the hype about Jaethal is.

With that character, her obedience to MC and her teamwork (both in terms of class and in the field) are very charming.
In the tradition of Torment, all the companions are broken inside in the beginning, it is up to you to make them see the light.
Her looking for her killer is a badass storyline.
Her constant picking on the other companions is fun.
Also, I guess she reminds some people of Viconia, in a good way.

The only problem is that I use Jaethal as a tank (because she can't... die), and her idle animations (sitting on her ass or drinking wine) do not fit the role. But we can't have it all, I guess.

Yoomazir

Educated
House at the End of Time is definitely killing any interest I had to finish this game. Not to mention I lost Jubilost even tho I completed his quest, I did read this was a recurrent bug.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom