Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls Remake

jCY0Blj.jpg

fucking hamburgers and their wokeness. they are creatively bankrupt so couldnt even deliver the 6th archstone instead gave us shitty new soundtrack and awfull changes to the original designs. fuck sony america and fuck bluepoint:negative:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
All true except the soundtrack bit. 90% of the new music is phenomenal. Sadly, they did fuck up the Astraea theme, but the Storm King, Penetrator or Allant is some of the best music in any Souls-like.

Ent

Savant
I played it for 3 hours last night. Feels like a very comprehensive remaster than a complete remake to me. My parry and roll timings seem to be a bit off which might just be me not being used to playing it at 60 frames.

jungl

Augur
wtf there are no blacks whites or humans in demon souls world. Its a world entirely populated by oblivion npcs.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is there even a little chance this is coming to PC?
As has been mentioned, you can play the original on emulator right nao on PC. Seems to work very well for everyone who isn't cvv, but your mileage may vary.

The game is quite unlikely to get a PC release since sony owns at least some of the rights, and I am not aware of any previous console exclusive they have ported?

Vyadhis

Learned
I guess this is the best place to ask: I want to make a weeb katana wielding dex character in DeS. What would be the best starting class and stat build to go with? I heard females get the best armor and I want Binded armor right? To get that I need to stay white world tendency...which means no dying..correct?

DemonKing

Arcane
Played a bit so far - really enjoying it having never played the original. The integration with the new PS5 controller is well done and very immersive (for example, when I monster is about to throw something at you it rumbles and generates a low noise).

Vyadhis

Learned
I watched some of Aris' stream with him fighting Adjudicator and thought the game looked...pretty good in motion? Kinda having conflicting feelings now. I want to see some streams of how badly Latria is butchered.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
It doesn't look bad at all, in fact it's pretty impressive by it's own merits. The thing is there's a bunch of stuff that is not faithful to the original game in terms of art and music. And Demon's souls was great due to those things.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Did anyone play DeS on RPCS3? Can anyone help me with flamelurker? I can't fucking kill that thing. There's no way to NOT get damaged. It's a bullshit boss. Help.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

They buffed Maiden's stuff lol

They nerfed her feet but buffed her tits...
That is, dare I say, based.
If the devs don't mind putting footfags on suicide watch than they must not be as bad as we think they are...

Her lips kinda look like that of a bimbo's though... :M

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Is there a good Let's play'?

The ones I tried are fucking annoying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom