Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any good oblivion overhaul mods?

deama

Prophet
So I recently played through fallout 4 with the horizon overhaul mod that changes a lot of the game's systems (e.g. adds skills) and adds some new stuff like with custom weapon forging etc...

Is there something similar to oblivion? I remember playing oscurro's oblivion overhaul mod back in the day, but I remember not liking it that much.
Is there a good overhaul mod for oblivion that overhauls a lot of it's systems?

TemplarGR

deama

Prophet
The only other Oblivion overhaul I see people talk about that isn't Oscuro's is Maskar's.
Yes I was just looking through it, have you played it? I've read the info on nexus, but he doesn't say much in how or if it changes the leveling system?

Farewell young Prince into the night

The only one worth trying is Maskar's imo. But it's still just putting lipstick on pig. I think he has a separate leveling mod that goes alongside his main overhaul.

Drowed

Arcane
I see some people commenting that Oblivion Remastered would be a good guide/pack to follow. But to be fair, I never even played the original Oblivion, so I can't say how much better (or worse) the game looks with these mods.

deama

Prophet
The only one worth trying is Maskar's imo. But it's still just putting lipstick on pig. I think he has a separate leveling mod that goes alongside his main overhaul.
What's the name, do you know?

I see some people commenting that Oblivion Remastered would be a good guide/pack to follow. But to be fair, I never even played the original Oblivion, so I can't say how much better (or worse) the game looks with these mods.
I've got my own graphics overhauls in mind, but I'm having some trouble finding a good vegetation mod, I'd like a vegetation mod that makes forests look like those from kingdom come deliverance, but I don't think those exist sadly...

deadmeme

Learned
Play it vanilla on the hardest difficulty like a real man. Never play any Fallout games. Play dungeon crawlers (Wizardry). Fallout is for pussy talkers who like to pussy talk with crispy-bois in a post nuclear wasteland. What is the scariest thing in Fallout?
81fQuSc613L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It is a Deatchclaw. It is basically a mutated rat. It is fat, ugly, and even worse, American. And what about that sound in Fallout? Sounds like some post-avant-garde farting music. My testicle makes better sounds when I am whopping your sister. Those pussy talker games ruined RPG games. First they simplified the gameplay and raised lots of pussy talker fudge eaters who wish they had a pip boy in real life so they can play with it in the bathtub, maps in games is such a noob friendly idea, it is terrible. Real man go into a dungeon and spent there months grinding on every corner, getting those nippels hard. Then you exit the dungeon, covered in blood, guts, sweat, tears (of joy), with a thick princess in your arms. But you don't know that, because you look at post nuclear apocalyptic ugly-ass bitches in pussy talker games. Lets make RPG-s great again. Say no to Fallout. Only wizardry IV. Remember my fellow tender gender fluid man, like my grandma said, if you die once in Fallout, you are stupid, if you die once in Wizardry, you are a hero.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Isn't the real problem with getting a single all-in-one overhaul pack the fact that modders are autistic and don't want their work bundled with others? Last time I played Oblivion OOO was the shit, but that was ages ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom