Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
iwd2035.jpg

iwd2036.jpg

iwd2037.jpg

Melcar

Arcane
Best CRPG portrait of all time:

PYSwwsu.jpg
This one always brings great memories when I see it, because I was in high-school when the game came out and there was a girl in my class that looked exactly like that one :)

You bang her? Tell us you banged her.

Why do you think he kept playing IWD? Every time he would load the game he would fap to her image and pretend he was in an "adventure" with her.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Codexian liberal.

OIf9IcG.jpg

Codex jew.

deqaB04.jpg

This is how you COPE.

pvxlgmA.jpg

1HgZGnw.jpg

This is just some thot along for the ride, but o-lala, look in the back. That's one hot skeleton.

5OGExeU.jpg

Liberal anti-semite, pretty accurate.

wXahOpj.jpg

This is how the actual gameplay looks, it's shit.

BMIpEKP.jpg

Codex Christian.

tsuaKfg.jpg

Codexian capitalist.

sMUG4Z0.jpg

He's best friends with skeletor over here.

UnrSkwc.jpg

Codexian homo, likes to smoke weed, get pounded in the ass and fight pollution by picketing outside a dwarven forge while imps pour toxins into the local lake.

kVmSzNN.jpg

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The dwarf capitalist isn't like most capitalists. I suppose he's a cuckservative.

blj09Pa.jpg

The elves in this game are extremely gay.

a11Tt74.jpg

Thankfully we have this boner to cockblock the gays with.

oH3WZ7e.jpg

Yup, he's a cuckservative.

rPRlZGo.jpg

A cuckservative against weed? Nazi.

WTWOj7e.jpg

Lizards are just orcs with scales.

Krk4oa2.jpg

Harem anime... GO!

WTeWJ7i.jpg

Actually, I already have my eye on a single one. The rest suck and are bitchy and annoying.

xvrzPq6.jpg

Total QT3.14159

xGwb8ar.jpg

Right, Skeletor.

KrFRl0P.jpg

Daddy issues means she's a no-go.

zrgmFKe.jpg

Yeah, warning lights going on along with sirens.

WvnO14X.jpg

No jewish princess, she died.

XpamWLl.jpg

This guy is a bro.

r1BOpOO.jpg

Look how happy Skeletor is.

DzTvMRw.jpg

Oh no.

ajWGknN.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dragon Commander may well be one of the worst games I've ever played. It wasn't even worth the time to pirate it.

Psycho development priorities, I guess. Even your screenshots, jokingly, look like 90% of the game is pseudo-VN (with GIANT FANTASY TIDDIES, ofc, that's great) instead of the frankly embarassing gameplay we got.

What the fuck.

lightbane

Arcane
I would have thought that being a dragon commander was an awesome thing. At the very least the pics are hilarious. While elves being "pro-modern day" ideals is quite gay, that's fitting for elves. I'm not sure why skeletons would be so religious and akin to Christian preachers, when immortality should let them discard such puny ideas and attempt to become gods themselves instead.

DrKubiac

Educated
Sorry Riskbreaker, I've never watched that movie. My inspiration comes mostly from my surroundings and the countless old villages and castle I visit on a regular basis. Regarding movies, I guess I do take inspiration from Dark City and Name of the Rose, but that's about it...
Awesome looking conversion btw

Riskbreaker

Ah, I see. I think you'd appreciate that movie tho just going by the vibe of those FMs of yours I've played and your liking for Dark City.

Anyway.
Shroom 2, 'Ar Luminae'
8A4EC055F6709AEB12C90764C5A5F27DA83CECA0

E97E6D6F87ED69ED9DAD8628B09631B4936A70C6

DB294B76D6AFB82BC643905307AF5E648C2FB90D

7C3332DDBAC77C3D9060A49D61E4A5E8C2BA15CA

82A79C1FC4BE6EF4403D2A758BC59BCCDA711D0A

Quake, Halloween Jam 2020
C2D55518EF31800E4E1422E380C94E9840D348DA

18E5CE7B142C02E6A28422104AD7A8CFFC2E5349

532588CCE07D5B14A7C8655D31DC355DEFCDFAB6

5E04EE03300167B90DD4C851536DF5E1E2268C24

B5CC54EF65F464CBB23042D6035BDF20CF528CC5

0C584AEF0AC0B55244D915F5EA70DC50A43A9587

D978C42839CE0F42306296963F6F7ED19A411248

4E69F9076185AAD10EC9007143477196F1FAAB5D

62BB1FA0CBCBE32E7ABEDE0BD0B2F3A1DEB04649

1CC176CC24E64F8B794D595ECB8F2A469F6CCB51

D408CF266C0C1F38782766FAD6DE5EF1DEF536B9

A15221901D624F133DFBEE2B8EC399D8E9308F58

822FE4D2646DDD3E572793F679F066AB61015AC7

3E51AEB437C2F920C2100DFC883F7118942F4A5F

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I would have thought that being a dragon commander was an awesome thing.
Leave it to Larian to make an RTS where you can jump in as a jetpack wearing dragon and toast enemy units boring. The components for a good game are there, it just never meshed together and the gameplay, unlike the VN aspects is very unpolished. You basically race against the AI to produce as many top tier units as possible before the population in the map area runs out, you both get units from the same pool and it is usually pretty limited. There isn't much strategy involved, especially since you start with very different conditions due to the overworld map. You just send your blob of units to capture resources, if they aren't gone already, kind of like in DoW, then you attack the enemy base. You have your dragon form to even things out when they start with fifty units and you have none, some battles are winnable, some are not. It really is like what you would expect of a 1C published Russian janky RTS that is a clone of Dark Crusade with funny writing and waifus tacked on by some quality dev, those animations and the VA work is pretty high quality and not something you'd find in a small slavjank title.

The weird thing is that Larian realized just how shit their RTS component was, so they only let you fight one battle each turn by yourself, and if you fight more than that you have to send one of your generals in your stead, which means autoresolve with a bonus modifier. So much of the time you just autoresolve if you can, and many times it is the only thing you can do.

I'm not sure why skeletons would be so religious and akin to Christian preachers, when immortality should let them discard such puny ideas and attempt to become gods themselves instead.
When death is a approaching many do turn religious, and the undead are a reflection of that I guess. I have forgotten the particular lore for them actually, I just remember that they were partly animated by faith, as some skellies in Divine Divinity fell apart after thinking too much about what kept them together.

Y6rTNOQ.jpg

Turns out the skeleton lady has a bone disease and isn't actually a man like I feared.

BLU0Orn.jpg

I thought I was getting an undying wife, Skeletor, not a dying one.

CgSXsVm.jpg

I'm pretty sure the skellies are just huge trolls.

TzdALuE.jpg

He seems pretty butthurt about it, but it's hard to dislike a lizard with a monocle.

BWXISZw.jpg

tIL9LNa.jpg

There is an imp doctor who says he might have a cure for boneitis.

3zQMTNo.jpg

Seems legit.

YXKExTQ.jpg

Just talking to the demon who is giving us all this cool stuff to wage war with, seems like a nice guy.

2tPiRdl.jpg

You can actually give him blood and then some. You can feed him your wife if you want to remarry, it's a funny mechanic, but I haven't given up on her yet. And I'm not named Henry VIII.

GToBXXw.jpg

This is what the large map looks like, if you play the game right you'll spend more time on that than fighting yourself as a dragon.

Zj4TsMV.jpg

Is this how undead reproduce?

zMtqJUe.jpg

Md5SuaF.jpg

Yeah, he should stop being such a drama queen about it.

QtXwEv2.jpg

After some UN approved experiments on orcs and some kidnappings we got a new body for our skelly to transfer her soul into, Skeletor is not into the idea though.

qQEqsYn.jpg

This is what the people in the business call foreshadowing.

mzYlnwM.jpg

The lizard lady isn't too thrilled about it.

tQpyTZu.jpg

Hubba hubba hubba!

6yubpAv.jpg

Great, experimenting on orcs and murdering ladies weren't enough, now we are going to demontown too.

8HZxFJp.jpg

Why not?

waspTlL.jpg

How did the press know? Do we have a leak?

xr09xxr.jpg

This feminist lady wanted to be paid more earlier, and you can just say no because she's so annoying about it. It's pretty great since you get to use her for cheaper. Everytime you use one of the generals to autoresolve you need gold.

mr2U0OH.jpg

Grrrr!

bc5xZws.jpg

This game is pretty cynical. Earlier the lizards wanted some equality bill pushed through, mostly because they pay more imperial taxes than other people and equality would have meant they got to keep their wealth.

YjTeFf4.jpg

Right, back to the waifu. Finally both her and Skeletor are happy.

FJlieWA.jpg

Get off her case, lizard lady. You shouldn't talk, you suggested to ban public breastfeeding and yet you're some freaky lizard with teats yourself.

iI7Zxrd.jpg

Vampire ending.

5cWbZPk.jpg

2k4Szsf.jpg

Fug, that sanpaku.

jCKUD3H.jpg

I'm pretty sure lizards shouldn't have breasts.

SqvadYM.jpg

Based dwarf.

Skxewax.jpg

Betrayal by the demon, how could this be?

zIUL6qK.jpg

EorPOOQ.jpg

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Initial monster count is 3000+ on UV. And the whole thing is tough as balls. It technically ain't a slaughtermap but the combat it is downright sadistic and he is really, really stingy on ammo and health. Doesn't help that I'm unfamiliar with the gameplay mod this was based around, so I was completely unaccustomed to these weapons and new monster behaviors.
It's sure impressive tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom