Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

Parabalus

Arcane
Gentlemen, does bartering work on companions? can i buy stuff with the companion and reap the benefits, including the so-called speshul offers?
Can you guys tell me this please?

When is this relevant? I can't recall merchants you can't access with the PC.

Can't you just check with a save before/after spending a point?

Bartering
Requires: Repair or Encourage
Rank 1: Decreases buying costs from traders.
Rank 2: Additionally increases selling profit at traders.
Rank 3: Additionally unlocks a special offers window at many traders.

Potion of Empowerment

In short, if you want to turn your pc into a walking machine of destruction (and avoid the rts thing altogether in mid-late game), bartering 3 makes that significantly easier. You can still solo most things on the map with your min-maxed party, and that's a huge boon considering how messy and tedious the rts part is. As for spending points, you're right - I suppose I ll have to sacrifice the potion of Fresh start for that, but that's ok. If General Noria survives long enough, that's who I ll be testing the bartering 3 on, not very keen on gimping main char with leadership abilities otherwise.

Where/how would you even use Noria's leadership? Considering the plot.

The rest doesn't even make sense. Only the PC has leadership, and you can use the potion to reset after buying stuff.
Wait, fuck, he dies or smth? jeez.

Without spoiling too much, you get Bartering 3 at the halfway point, before that you can only spend 2 points in a skill. Leadership is PC only.

I miss the caravan system :(

Not even sure why it was removed.
Does someone remember what else they removed ? Did they also remove the manual distribution of carriers and workers in the main game or is that still there ? I kinda missed that in Soul Harvest.

That is still in if I understand you correctly. You still have a limited amount of workers you have to distribute in sectors. Just the trade thingy. I loved ambushing those things.
There was a "sub" distribution in the original. You had to choose if you want those workers to be available as normal workers or as carriers that carried resources around. I think that was done at your main building. You could only distribute the guys assigned as workers to other other buildings, the carriers were locked up for carrying. In Soul Harvest you have a fixed amount of 10 carriers i think and no option to change that, and you are only left with the option to assign workers to other other buildings. You could no longer turn carriers into available workers at the main building or vice versa.

I'm not surprised that was changed, it was a lot of busywork for not much gain.

Goys, is there any way to bypass the Windows platform Update check for windows 7 that is on when the game starts?

I don't want that EVIL spyware update contaminating my PC. So unfortunately cannot into SF3 Soul Harvest/Fallen Gods yet.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, after playing a couple of skirmishes against the computer I don't miss the caravan system/or that carrier distribution system Blutwurstritter mentioend that much. The gameplay have been tightened up a lot. AI seems pretty good too. They attack, pull back if overwhelmed, seem to protect their heroes. So far I have won one 2v2 and lost one. Played one match also in the normal Spellforce 3 game, and the AI seems to be lacking a bit compared. Also it is way much more slower.

The orcs is a fun race to play I think, just failed totally in my expansion and let the humans conquer too much so they became an unstoppable force.

Silly Germans

I was a bit disappointed when they dropped those systems. I thought they were going more into the direction of Stronghold/Settlers type of gameplay in the rts part. I think that would have worked really well especially with the good looking engine. Watching your guys doing their work added to the immersion and the atmosphere. You even had to process iron ore to iron bars and i think also the advanced resource type required another step in the original release. It makes sense to drop it if they want to establish fast paced pvp multiplayer and I hope it works out for them in the end, so they can make another great campaign although i would have preferred development in the other direction.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was a bit disappointed when they dropped those systems. I thought they were going more into the direction of Stronghold/Settlers type of gameplay in the rts part. I think that would have worked really well especially with the good looking engine. Watching your guys doing their work added to the immersion and the atmosphere. You even had to process iron ore to iron bars and i think also the advanced resource type required another step in the original release. It makes sense to drop it if they want to establish fast paced pvp multiplayer and I hope it works out for them in the end, so they can make another great campaign although i would have preferred development in the other direction.

I liked that too, felt more alive, but the RTS part at least is really tight now, and the matches seems fairly long still. Spellforce 3 match took 51 minutes, and the Spellforce expansion one took 43 minutes.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I finished game much earlier than you guys, but I abstained from posting my thoughts about this game until some other people would be able to discuss with me some nuances of story.
Overall I liked this game, story itself is good, characters good, imho maps looks cool (even on my toaster of a PC with medium settings enabled). Can't fully judge RTS part of the game, since personally I am not expert in RTS, but I felt that trolls become much more easy going race than in earlier SF games. At least I don't have obnoxious feeling while playing them in Fallen God.
Anyway, back to the nuances (spolier alert):
The name of the troll city, which was founded by Akrog sounds VERY fucking familiar and the name of the stranger in mask too. It's like I met these words in old games, but I played SF1 and SF2 long ago and all memories are vague. I think city later will become capitol of troll race, similar to Mirraw thur or other capitols - a bastion of Convocation survivors, protected by nearby Godstone, one of last few cities in world. Perhaps SF3 not really retcon story of original games or perhaps my memory fails me (and my mind is clouded by illusions of my imagination)

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
I finished game much earlier than you guys, but I abstained from posting my thoughts about this game until some other people would be able to discuss with me some nuances of story.
Overall I liked this game, story itself is good, characters good, imho maps looks cool (even on my toaster of a PC with medium settings enabled). Can't fully judge RTS part of the game, since personally I am not expert in RTS, but I felt that trolls become much more easy going race than in earlier SF games. At least I don't have obnoxious feeling while playing them in Fallen God.
Anyway, back to the nuances (spolier alert):
The name of the troll city, which was founded by Akrog sounds VERY fucking familiar and the name of the stranger in mask too. It's like I met these words in old games, but I played SF1 and SF2 long ago and all memories are vague. I think city later will become capitol of troll race, similar to Mirraw thur or other capitols - a bastion of Convocation survivors, protected by nearby Godstone, one of last few cities in world. Perhaps SF3 not really retcon story of original games or perhaps my memory fails me (and my mind is clouded by illusions of my imagination)

You encounter a lot of SF3 characters in the previous games and it's all seemingly self-consistent. At least the SF wiki is convinced of it, dunno.

The stranger is

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
You encounter a lot of SF3 characters in the previous games and it's all seemingly self-consistent. At least the SF wiki is convinced of it, dunno.

The stranger is

Damn, I am retarded. Or at least should take pills enhancing memory.
I played both original SF3 and Soulharvest and yet I fucking forgot that Raith in SF3 looks different than in first two games and expansions. That was dumb, sorry.

krilcebre

Learned

The stranger is

Damn, I am retarded. Or at least should take pills enhancing memory.
I played both original SF3 and Soulharvest and yet I fucking forgot that Raith in SF3 looks different than in first two games and expansions. That was dumb, sorry.

I was kind of expecting it to be someone very familiar, but got surprised when I saw his real identity nonetheless. It's really been so long since SF1, I hardly remember anything from those games, except for the fact that I loved them. I also realized that Rohen Tahir from The Order of Dawn also appears in Spellforce 3 as a young mercenary, which I actually didn't get until I read some wiki pages. I wonder what time period they will choose for the next Spellforce game (hopefully Spellforce 4 is on the way).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Rinslin Merwind You are not alone in not recognizing him. I did recognize the voice though but couldn't place it. I asked who he was on the Steam forum and got surprised it was the dude in Soul Harvest. For some reason I don't remember that game all that well. The overall story arc and characters. Might be age. I also asked about the troll city and apparently it's not in the games, it is only mentioned in a pre-convocation map of Eo.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1154040/discussions/0/2986411348900231007/

Raith, on the other hand, is famous for subdueing a Fial Darg.

Found that a little funny. Makes you wonder if he ever mention he had help of the trolls if someone ask how he did it :)

Citizen

I ve hated the typical RTS battle fare ever since Medieval I spoiled me but guess I ll persevere.

Stop drunkposting on codex

ron-swanson-drunk-gif.gif

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I wonder what time period they will choose for the next Spellforce game (hopefully Spellforce 4 is on the way).
I think they had plans to make patch to unite base game SF3 with Soul harvest and Fallen God or something like that first, before going for sequel (I can be mistaken though). Still haven't announced precise release date yet or at least I haven't seen one.
I also asked about the troll city and apparently it's not in the games, it is only mentioned in a pre-convocation map of Eo.
Perhaps I searched for this pre-convocation map of Eo to figure out geography of the world during my SF1 walk-through, and my mind decided that if you visiting shitload maps with big cities of every race , one of them bound to be troll city and so false memory was born.

I have conflicted about SF3 being prequel to SF1, because on the one hand SF1 had nice story and other hand SF3 shows that Eo maybe dangerous, but beautiful and to see what Convocation did... Damn that hurts.

Imho, I am absolutely confident that SF3 trolls are better than SF1, because:
1)trolls in sf1 barely explained without much of lore and details
2)the very survival of species that can't build farms and at the same time heavy rely on food is fucking questionable in the world after Convocation.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Rinslin Merwind
Maybe they are planning on doing a total re imagining of the complete storyline. I wouldn't mind though, the old games still exist. But I guess the post-credit stuff after the troll game goes against that.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh I got stuck due to a bug. The mission where you need to
turn your brother into the Fiag by killing enemies so you can feed him souls
bugged out because after first wave of enemies spawned, nothing else does... and I cannot reach the lands of the dark elves as they got the unbreakable barriers..

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
My partner hates RTS but loves RPGs
My brother hates RPGs but loves RTS

Is it worth introducing this game to them? I haven't tried it myself.

vazha

Arcane
My partner hates RTS but loves RPGs
My brother hates RPGs but loves RTS

Is it worth introducing this game to them? I haven't tried it myself.
For starters, stop lying about having partners, friends and relatives. In an imaginary world where you'd really have them, I'd say introduce it to the one that likes RPG's and can stomach rts if needed. Not vice versa, RTS part is really barebones and at times downright shambolic.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Did any of the expansions' additions apply to the base game? I have SF3 and apparently the first expansion but have barely touched either yet.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
bugged out because after first wave of enemies spawned, nothing else does... and I cannot reach the lands of the dark elves as they got the unbreakable barriers..
As far as I understand, there are no "waves" spawning specifically for killing in this part. Their base behind the barriers still produces army and attack your camp at their usual tempo and you are supposed to farm kills until ritual is ready.

It is be possible that AI for some reason is less aggressive though, like being out of resources or just anemic on low difficulty?

ArchAngel

Arcane
As far as I understand, there are no "waves" spawning specifically for killing in this part. Their base behind the barriers still produces army and attack your camp at their usual tempo and you are supposed to farm kills until ritual is ready.

It is be possible that AI for some reason is less aggressive though, like being out of resources or just anemic on low difficulty?
As soon as you start the ritual armies spawn and attack you from multiple sides. This is the wave I was talking about. After that no other enemies spawn and nothing was coming from dark elves even after I left the game to run for 15 min while I did other stuff. I had to completely restart the mission and this time I didn't kill the humans bottom left and their army also attacked me and that was enough to gather 100% souls and finish the mission.

Parabalus

Arcane

As soon as you start the ritual armies spawn and attack you from multiple sides. This is the wave I was talking about. After that no other enemies spawn and nothing was coming from dark elves even after I left the game to run for 15 min while I did other stuff. I had to completely restart the mission and this time I didn't kill the humans bottom left and their army also attacked me and that was enough to gather 100% souls and finish the mission.

I reloaded because I didn't kill the bottom humans (didn't see them before triggering the ritual, wanted to make my life easier), after killing them and starting the ritual the normal attack waves kept teleporting to my bases and I could easily get 100%.

Sounds like you ran into a nasty bug.

krilcebre

Learned
That definitely is a bug, there should be a few big waves after the ritual starts, one of which also contains those big ass Treants. I had to sacrifice 2 bases and a pretty big army to fend off that particular wave, after that it was pretty easy (was playing on hard difficulty).

Vatnik Wumao
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1154040/view/2907598989565838793
SpellForce 3 Fallen God - Patch #2 - Various Fixes & Balancing Tweaks
General Changes:
  • Added translations for cinematic subtitles
  • Fixed Old-Haalâyash campaign savegames only being loadable by players who own SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest
  • Fixed players being able to change other player's race in skirmish lobby
  • Temple of the Eclipse Godess: Small bugfix
  • The game will no longer write unnecessary debugging information to disk while playing
  • Fixed custom lobby screen popping up before entering a Versus match
  • Implemented a fix that may circumvent the missing text issue
  • Blackheart Jungle: Re-visiting the map via the world map no longer causes trolls to die. Also, the heroes should no longer spawn at the bottom left of the map but rather at the temple entrance.
  • Northern Coast: Improved visuals after Akrog's speech.
  • Added Class Templates for Noag in the Character Generator
  • Akrog: Reduced strength of Chieftain Mark and Moon Spirit Revenge abilites
  • Bundled Cloak of Shivers effects in one condition each
  • Spectator Mode: "Free Spectating" now shows the partially revealed map for the spectating player
  • Adjusted names of towers and refineries (SH races)
  • Cleaned up various skirmish hero & RTS skill tooltips
  • Improved visual effects on RTS units
Balance Adjustments:
Creeps
  • Normalized casting speed of all wyverns to 1.5s
  • Lightning Wyvern spell now only hits up to 15 targets in a long chain
All Factions
  • Range of all capitals have been increased by 25 to help with initial capital harassment
  • The "Worker Armor" Upgrade now costs 5 Food and takes 20 seconds to research for each step.
Humans
  • Royal Mage: Fixed Incinerate not dealing areal damage on level 2
  • Paragon: Attack speed increased from 0.17 to 0.22
  • Paragon: Shield duration reduced from 60 to 40s
  • Paragon: Shield amount reduced from 750 to 500
Orcs
  • Occultist: Reduced the attack speed of Blood-Blessed Claymore (III) to be in line with the other weapons
  • Flesh Golem: Reduced summoning cost for Flesh Golem from 75 iron to 50 iron. New cost: 75 Food, 50 Iron, 75 Black Ash
Elves
  • Ranger -> Trueshot: Reduced damage dealt from 250 to 200
  • Guardian: Increased health from 550 to 600
  • Druid Hero: Basic attack range increased from 80 to 100
  • Druid Hero: Elen's Fire now inflicts magical damage, but 20% more
  • Wanderer: Upgraded Wanderers now deal 25 Magic and 25 Pierce damage per hit, down from 30 / 30
  • Warden: Increased iron cost from 2 to 3. New cost: 5 Food 3 Iron 4 Supply
  • Treant: Elen's Roots no longer hits air units
  • Druid: The area of effect heal has been reduced from 20 HP/s to 10HP/2s
Dark Elves
  • Guardian of Nor: Increased sword damage. 72(Base), 84, 96 to 80(Base), 90, 100
  • Reaper: Kiss of Nor cooldown increased from 10s to 30s
  • Tarantula: Increased health from 500 to 525
  • Basilisk: Reduced pierce resistance from 25 to 0
  • Strider: Reduced health from 1500 to 1400
  • Strider: Increased supply cost from 4 to 5
  • Twisted One: No longer immune to sacrifice effects from Guardian of Nor
  • Broodfather: Summoning cost reduced from 150 souls to 125 souls. New cost: 75 Food, 75 Iron, 125 Souls.
Dwarves
  • High-Hierophant: Reduced attack speed from 0.29 to 0.25
  • High-Hierophant: Increased cooldown of Barrage from 15 to 20
Trolls
  • Cost of basic economic buildings increased.
  • Tree Chopper -> Cost increased from 9 to 13 Stone
  • Stone Breaker -> Cost increased from 9 to 13 Wood
  • Hunting Hut -> Cost increased from 9 to 13 Wood
  • Starting resources increased to 52 Wood, 52 Stone and 10 Food
  • Plaguebringer: Upgraded weapon damage has been reduced: 90(Base), 140, 190 down to 90(Base), 110, 130
  • Plaguebringer: Basic attacks no longer cleave
  • Plaguebringer -> Infect Buildings: Cost reduced from 15 to 10
  • Plaguebringer -> Infect Buildings: Cooldown increased from 15 to 20
  • Plaguebringer -> Infect Buildings: Duration increased to 10 seconds
  • Plaguebringer -> Infect Buildings: Damage reduced from 60 to 30 on Level 1, from 60 to 50 on Level 2
  • Chieftain: Upgraded weapon damage has been reduced: 150(Base), 175, 215 down to 150(Base), 175, 200
  • Chieftain -> Come Here: No longer increases impair intensity on level 2, but increases range from 90 to 130
  • Chieftain: The Troll Guard now only accepts actual trolls

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom