Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most played games

visions

Arcane
No idea about the hours because I have none of them on Steam but my most played games are probably Unreal Tournament, Age of Wonders, Morrowind and HoMM 3.

Gamezor

Learned
Interesting thread—jogging my memory of lots of childhood games. In no particular order:
  • Civ 1 to 4, probably 1 and 3 most
  • Ff7
  • Out of the park baseball
  • Simcity 1 to 4, think 1, 2, and 4 most
  • sc1 and 2
  • Oblivion
  • Skyrim
  • Bg 1 and 2
  • Mario kart games especially multiplayer snes and 64 and 8
  • Goldeneye, tons of couch multiplayer
  • Mario games probably 3, snes one, and 64 have most time. Got all 120 stars in 64.
  • Diablo 2
  • Witcher 3
  • Eu 4
  • Ck2
Feel like Im missing some but that should be most of them.

Edit more i remembered
-alpha centauri
-tetris
-wow
-persona 4
- removed horizon bc not as much playtime as i thought

Last edited:
I'm not so much of a Codexian that I want to shame people for listing Oblivion and Skyrim, but the amount of people listing them without including either Daggerfall or Morrowind is rather eyebrow raising.

Or maybe I'm just old.

Gamezor

Learned
I'm not so much of a Codexian that I want to shame people for listing Oblivion and Skyrim, but the amount of people listing them without including either Daggerfall or Morrowind is rather eyebrow raising.

Or maybe I'm just old.

I am not sure why I didnt play it at the time it came out since I was the right age and it was the right type of game.

curds

Magister
For me probably:

The Lord of the Rings Online, shit WoW-clone MMO gameplay but I’m a massive Tolkien fanboy and I got completely immersed in Turbine/SSG’s vision of his world.

Second is probably Oblivion. Again not a great game but I found it totally immersive as a kid, and it was the only game I really played a lot of until I started getting really interested in gaming when I was like 18.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Or maybe I'm just old.

Daggerfall and Morrowind are overrated and there really wasn't much reason to play them a lot. Old does not mean better, despite what the morons on this forum claim. Daggerfall was a weak game mostly memorable for being huge random generated world with no depth and tons of bugs, and Morrowind is mostly remembered for the giant mushrooms and for being like the only decent 3D first person game you could play using swords and bows and magic instead of rifles. People tend to overrate these games a LOT simply out of nostalgia.

Skyrim on the other hand was a fucking masterpiece. It is also leaps and bounds above its competition, even 9 full years after release. I mean, honestly, if you want to play an open world first person fantasy CRPG, what are your options today, 9 years after release? Yup.....

So it makes sense that people play it a lot, especially using mods to keep it fresh.

deadmeme

Learned

Or maybe I'm just old.

Daggerfall and Morrowind are overrated and there really wasn't much reason to play them a lot. Old does not mean better, despite what the morons on this forum claim. Daggerfall was a weak game mostly memorable for being huge random generated world with no depth and tons of bugs, and Morrowind is mostly remembered for the giant mushrooms and for being like the only decent 3D first person game you could play using swords and bows and magic instead of rifles. People tend to overrate these games a LOT simply out of nostalgia.

Skyrim on the other hand was a fucking masterpiece. It is also leaps and bounds above its competition, even 9 full years after release. I mean, honestly, if you want to play an open world first person fantasy CRPG, what are your options today, 9 years after release? Yup.....

So it makes sense that people play it a lot, especially using mods to keep it fresh.

Do you play Greek homo mod on Skyrim?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Honestly, probably WoW :negative:.

Next will probably game from my teen years, so LoL, titan quest, Morrowind and AoM. Nowadays, I have so much shit to play that i rarely pass the hundred hour's mark on a single game.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Victoria 2 (easily Paradox's best game)
Rise of the Triad (Tom Hall version! not that inferior new one)
Tyrian 2000
Jedi Academy (not the biggest fan of Outcast so I prefer this)
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
Star Wars Rebellion
Birth of the Federation
Dead Lock
Enemy Nations (its free here - what is weird about this one is that on a modern system the game is surprisingly future proofed as the window dynamically scales and you can add more AIs in beyond what the original games limits realistically should allow)
Mech Commander
Xcom 2012
Civilization 4 (also Colonisation but I consider that an expansion even though it was stand alone with colonisation being the superior due to its economy).
Domina (too much Domina need to stop playing it)
Pharaoh
Homeworld
Arma 3 (would be 2 but no one plays online anymore and I'm stuck playing mods like Whole Lotta Altis to get my CTI fix)
Little Big Adventure 2 Twinsen's Odyssey (to this day I still go back and play it)
Jagged Alliance 2 (I decided to add this because I do play it a fair bit but its not a game I go back to often because of the time investment from having to wait for the AI to take its damn turn!).

---v when I'm in the mood for something quick v---
Under a Killing Moon
Pandora Directive
Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island 1

This is my list of games where you lose entire days and forget to eat/sleep.

Last edited:

Farewell into the night

WoW, Dominions 5, pokemon games lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom