Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You're all autists

Curratum

People explaining how Bethesda can't "ape" turn-based tactical combat in a first-person 3D game is autism enough for me, to be fair.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
20 years codex and some people still don't know the meaning of popamole.

Portada.jpg

Risewild

Arbiter
Here I am again. Your favorite autist!

Since I'm such an autist, I thought that only doing the Temple of Trials with Narg without saving, without healing and without using weapons was ok... But I needed to do it with the the other two pre-made characters, because my autism tells me I need to do so.

Here it is, me finishing the Temple of Trials without saving, healing or using weapons with the other two characters (and each temple run under 4.5 minutes):

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Here it is, me finishing the Temple of Trials...

A tiny hint that'll save you a few seconds and possibly a couple of HP. In the room with the traps, there is a straight line right down your feet on the right side upon entering the room without any plates that you can run/walk through without having to circle around anywhere.

Risewild

Arbiter
Time, eh? The goal is to kill everything in the Temple, then do all the quests in Arroyo and kill all Geckos in the Hunting Grounds. This way you can reach lvl3 as soon as you leave Arroyo or shortly in Klamath.
Well, I was just showing Curratum that is very easy and quick to do the Temple of Trials with the pre-made characters. Since he seems to lack that awareness. The videos are not a walkthrough on how to be efficient. :lol:
Don't forget to disarm all the traps. They're 25xp a piece.
We can also get an extra 225 xp if we cap the uses of the Doctor and First Aid to heal during the Temple.
We can then do it again after fighting the Geckos/Spore Plants for more free xp.
Without cheesing this (by getting hit and running away to a different map to heal, then waiting so you can heal again), one can possibly get 225 xp on the Temple, 225 xp on the Spore Plants and 225 xp on the Geckos. That's a nice 675 xp just by doing the normal fighting before leaving Arroyo.
Getting 675 xp for free is quite nice at the start. Since it only requires 3k xp to reach level 3. :obviously:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
I would too but Bethesda and GOG have fucked up the game, and it won’t launch anymore.

And my old disc is nowhere to be found. :(

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I know this is unpopular on the Codex but I think FO2 is better than 1. Though 1 has a better villain.
I'm here with you. Or at least I certainly don't think F2 is worse, it's at the very least equal to F1. F1 might have more coherent world and less stupid jokes but F2 is the better game overall, more varied, better fleshed out systems (but is less finished in terms of content and bugs, F1 is better there). And F1 was too small/too short for it's own good. Half dozen of important locations - is that all there is? All the Wasteland open to You and that's all? It just doesn't feel right, very disappointing imo. F2 wins big on that front.
I played F1 and 2 back in the late 90s and in the order they were released if any one wonders.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I'm here with you. Or at least I certainly don't think F2 is worse, it's at the very least equal to F1. F1 might have more coherent world and less stupid jokes but F2 is the better game overall, more varied, better fleshed out systems (but is less finished in terms of content and bugs, F1 is better there). And F1 was too small/too short for it's own good. Half dozen of important locations - is that all there is? All the Wasteland open to You and that's all? It just doesn't feel right, very disappointing imo. F2 wins big on that front.
Fallout 2 fucks up the atmosphere, in which the first game excels, but fleshes out the content. Imagine Fallout 2, but with the quality of writing and worldbuilding of Fallout 1. Ahh, the dreams

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
I would too but Bethesda and GOG have fucked up the game, and it won’t launch anymore.
Buying Fallout today is literally giving your money to Shittesda so they can rape the franchise even more. Don't do that. You know the way.

Yeah, I’m not going to pay for it for a second time. I already did that when it first came to GOG. That’s quite enough.

I have an old CD version somewhere (two of them in fact...) if GOG’s support personnel can’t get it working. If only I could find it.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Looks like someone actually replayed the original Fallouts instead of the usual codexer who only claims they are the best out of habit and in order to fit in the circle of retards.

Why would anyone claim they're "the best" for finishing one of the easiest rpgs out there? I'd get it if we were talking about Wizardry 4, for example. But fallout?

You say such retarded things it's hard to believe you're not trolling.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
Feel like autism and Assbergers is used as an excuse by some people just to act shitty or excuse their shitty social skills.

Also Tim Cain was the one who made the Temple of Trials idea for Fallout 2 IIRC. More evidence that old developers do not have the same smartness in future games.

I use the Steam versions simply for convenience as I own all of my games there, but I do keep GOG versions of most older games anyway for convenience.
I still own my 3 in 1 Fallout CD, Russian - undpatched; but if I want to replay Fallout I simply download the whole package in English from torrents, with patches, fixes and whatnot.

And that reminded me that once I had an original box of Fallout 1, but I threw it away. Maybe it's not in top 10 regrets of my life, but this decisions still stings :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom