Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Terenty

Liturgist
Voice acting for the main character single handedly killed any chance of taking this game seriously. Of course i'm gonna pira...get it first chance, but bleh

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
They seem to have turned character shadows near completely off on xbox, regardless of version :O
Well, they are all running the same version, the new consoles will get their "next gen" versions in early 2021. They might run the game better, but will look the same initially. PC on the other hand will have ray tracing and other graphical gimmicks on launch.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
This game is so fucked since everyone expects it to be the best representation of what they want it to be.

Fucked in the online backlash sense, it'll still make tons of money.

Semiurge

Cipher
First John Constantine looking out of place in an otherwise good looking movie, now this Johny Silverhand stopped being him.

They should've just cast 50 year old Sting as Constantine, still better than Keanu, and he was the original inspiration for JC's appearance after all.

Zer0wing

Cipher
As for ps4 preload leak, CP2077 supports firmware as low as 6.72 which is also the latest available jailbreak. So, anyone in the US with preorder and jailbroken console theoretically can try to launch the game. Or unpack and leak some more cringy voiceovers, IDK.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Someone somewhere thought "Your little skull sponge can't possibly get it's grey cells around it" was a clever and witty come back.

As an author I've never been more insulted to see something so awful pass scrutiny. At any point, someone could've read that line out loud. And quickly figured out how stupid it is. But they didn't. They thought this was the most clever and funny thing ever for their wacky, colourful GTA clone.
I presume writers had too much free time on their hands and watched "Johnny Mnemonic" (1995 film adaptation starring you'll never believe who) under the excuse of "getting inspiration". That film was full of guess who with such witty remarks.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Still using the horrid minimap and waypoint system from Witcher 3.
These wankers don't learn, there goes any hope I had for having a better "game".
It'll be the same interactive movie as before I guess.

TVHPjJW.png

Find by following the line..

ADL

Prophet
To be fair at least it makes sense in Cyberpunk as everyone would have GPS so cRPG-style journal entries don't make much sense... But I would've loved to have an "exploration mode" where NPCs would give you specific addresses, directions and descriptions of people you'd meet up with in bars and stuff.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
More of an RPG than Cyberpunk 2077 ✔
SvJicKb.jpg

Literally just drops you into an open world with a pistol and a lead, zero handholding.

y1uAWPB.jpg

Highly detailed clutter.

oph5t80.jpg

Hoovercars, futuristic urban environments...

dAq7QlM.jpg

Living NPCs that don't even care about the player, they're busy with their own lives.

CjY1UvZ.jpg

The city is gritty and run down, very bleak even at midday.

pxB1PzR.jpg

Night and day cycle, at night thugs might attack you.

I9ZXr9M.jpg

Deep wordless commentary on the human condition.

XYlSMw6.jpg

Neon signs all over this place.

gmV1kc9.jpg

The relationship between sex and commerce is heavily explored.

VhKH51W.jpg

Edgy and culturally and socially relevant characters.

ldwHs58.jpg

Creative architecture.

53srCxq.jpg

ART

P1xxRcL.jpg

Commentary on police and crime.

BkD0G9G.jpg

Social issues that makes you think.

VvMXuQq.jpg

A rich nightlife.

H4Imatx.jpg

The city is huge and some of it just exist for the sake of being there, it's not even quest related.

SP0Ddvd.jpg

Your first mission leads you to this hive of scum and villainy, looking for a lost daughter.

dUScXST.jpg

Strong persuasion is required.

2G6zxhG.jpg

After a shootout we save this innocent retarded girl from being exploited.

iS2ZVzY.jpg

Cyberpunk 2020, eat your heart out. Russians already did it all in 2004, drive-able hoovercars, Deus Ex meets GTA, the edge, it's all there. No bugs to speak of. Sawyerites beware, the devs don't even know what the word balance means. Gunfights are quick and lethal. Best publisher Akella did a great job with the localization that sadly never was sold in stores. The only things that Cyberpunk 2077 has that this game hasn't are trannies and Keanu Reeves.

iUIENw1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yep but this still ran on some kind of machine. If they serve me GTA3 Keanu on PC I'm going to be mad.
:outrage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom