Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
2y6rqGn.jpg

That's a weird looking werewolf...
It's the Jeff Easley cover art of the Council of Wyrms Adventures booklet, part of the Council of Wyrms box set, which depicts a red dragon:

0b257cc6a9e842dd9aeb3a2cfd64585fe836cb9fa8da9ae3ecd3c65ae265c6cf.jpeg

There's a surprising paucity of D&D/AD&D color artwork with werewolves, but the creator of that module could have ripped off the Robh Ruppel cover art of Ravenloft adventure module "Dark of the Moon" or possibly the Gerald Brom cover art of Spelljammer adventure module SJA4 Under the Dark Fist.

17504.jpg

A horse of course

2y6rqGn.jpg

That's a weird looking werewolf...
It's the Jeff Easley cover art of the Council of Wyrms Adventures booklet, part of the Council of Wyrms box set, which depicts a red dragon:

0b257cc6a9e842dd9aeb3a2cfd64585fe836cb9fa8da9ae3ecd3c65ae265c6cf.jpeg

There's a surprising paucity of D&D/AD&D color artwork with werewolves, but the creator of that module could have ripped off the Robh Ruppel cover art of Ravenloft adventure module "Dark of the Moon" or possibly the Gerald Brom cover art of Spelljammer adventure module SJA4 Under the Dark Fist.

17504.jpg

Have you ever made a thread about classic D&D art? I'd be interested.

Jaheira has a zero-tolerance policy for any simps in the party.

1mh0ziG.png

"Enhanced" = Garish eyesore of a UI and selection circles that are more eye-catching than the sprites and background.

Last edited by a moderator:

HansDampf

Arcane
20b5Mzl.jpg

Unexpected.

9zwwroi.jpg

What's the kind of person that plays Underrail, according to Underrail?

G7c5QlV.jpg

mOzCnIk.jpg

:backawayslowly:

LUSHBMi.jpg

Why?

yMuFPPa.jpg

:smug:

p01Md7F.jpg

Stupid AI. Gorsky almost died as well.

YhPLKdf.jpg

This fire aura is hardcore.

LGwTQWH.jpg

aNiiko7.jpg

:shredder:

Long game...

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Roight now, this evening, on Bo'om Geah, we invade Fronce. After receiving additional funding from the Big British Cockup we are on the road again.

axozAFv.png

We shall truck in France, we shall truck over the seas and oceans, we shall truck with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall export our shoddy island produce, whatever the cost may be. We shall truck on the beaches, we shall truck on the airport grounds, we shall truck in the fields and in the streets, we shall truck over the hills; we shall never sell our payload cheaply and fuck up every rest-stop toilet we come across on our way to Bordeaux.

IJdZCFF.png

Forgot to mention we are testing out a new truck, the biggest one we could get our hands on.

Z9905e5.png

Easy-peasy, moit.

kfO5Tmi.png

Bordeaux didn't have shite worth picking up, so we swing around Paris, the city of rape and bad odors, and pick up a new load.

RUy9Z3z.png

The Polish want some French semen yogurt, so we are going all the way to Warsaw.

1FGcDBc.png

To get there we have to drive through the treacherous forests of Germany.

lh3RUXJ.png

Going to have to speed up my lorry through this part here if I'm going to make it through in one piece, yeah.

TByAiYz.png

Pedal to the metal, 120 km/h, dodging those dumb cunts who drive too slow for German roads and leave them behind to get eaten by the natives.

6KHhcBT.png

In the distance there behind the greensprouts you can spot a gathering place for Germanoids, dangerous place that.

HZ2CMil.png

Finally, civilization again, we barely made it by the skin of our teeth.

FMMZFsa.png

Domove, sladký domove.

2HSpeO7.png

No other city I've seen so far has featured billboards.

sfpUWnh.png

Now, the grand finale of our program tonite. As I have been driving this shipment to Warsaw we sent Hammond to the same place by the postal service, who has arrived first?

WsCQZre.png

When you are in Poland it is important to show who is boss, so always drive above the speed limit.

hWvtTLk.png

Here on the right we can see a big and expensive polish hut, only the richest of poles who have worked top jobs in the UK can afford to live in those. The top 1% can expand their hut to make room for a based black man or a gay lover.

UWVmEXr.png

Here we can see some rustic polish charm, be sure to close the ventilation in your car so that rustic charm doesn't find its way up your nose.

HEeBEg8.png

Almost... There... Sum polish drivers tried to off me on the road, probably being drunk as usual, but I managed to fight them off.

okS07WK.png

gjG7vUo.png

Stuck in traffic right outside the city, now it's time to take the gloves off.

OR4VLog.png

Concrete, 'ery nais.

eScuzsG.png

Marking my territory.

OqzFp3v.png

Here we are, as it turns out Hammond got lost in shipping and was sent back to England. Not only did we arrive first, roight, but we also made mad dosh.

LRvce3P.jpg

96xjizJ.png

... that is until you detract some things.

eu3gCq6.png

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Conan: The Dark Axe

Fun hack and slash game with some budget problems. It was made by Slovak studio Cauldron (they've made such titles as Spellcross, Battle Isle: The Andosia War, Chaser, Gene Troopers), and published on all consoles and PC of course. It all starts when Conan sees his home village of Grannach burnt to the ground by the mysterious Vulture cult, he begins his quest for revenge against them. We are visiting various places reminding of those, that were described by Robert E. Howard.
Sadly, the levels are small, but the fighting system, while not being as good as Severance: Blade of Darkness or others, is not horrible either. We can find up to 14 weapons, plus there are parts of the titular Dark Axe hidden on some of the levels. This is the most powerful weapon, and it's not really hard to build it.

We need to gather points to unlock new moves to spice up our battle techniques. Conan is horrible, when it comes to the ledges or jumping. He is practically a doom guy, and the animation here is almost non existent. Also, the collision detection, when it comes to the levels can be infuriating, especially in the dark areas. The camera has sometimes a tendency to make difficult for player to navigate as well.

The music is quite good, and the developers have also used the amazing score created by Basil Poledouris. But again - it's not used enough for my taste. We move onward, kill some big ugly creatures here and there, with a grand finale, where we must defeat the reincarnation of Set. For one playthrough it was ok game. No crashes or weird bugs. I just wish someone made a proper Conan game with polished combat system and quality art design.

conan2019-08-0612-13-wzju0.jpg

conan2019-08-0519-05-pikx4.jpg

conan2019-08-0519-30-90jar.jpg

conan2019-08-0519-57-tzjon.jpg

conan2019-08-0522-24-zzjmg.jpg

conan2019-08-0522-48-83k5q.jpg

conan2019-08-0522-52-01kw9.jpg

conan2019-08-0611-48-fljq9.jpg

conan2019-08-0613-29-2oku3.jpg

conan2019-08-0614-14-ouko6.jpg

conan2019-08-0615-17-jwjzs.jpg

conan2019-08-0615-25-0zknm.jpg

conan2019-08-0621-20-32kbj.jpg

conan2019-08-0622-45-i8j8s.jpg

conan2019-08-0623-08-kaj0v.jpg

conan2019-08-0623-13-joj23.jpg

conan2019-08-0713-02-xmknb.jpg

conan2019-08-0713-51-wgjh9.jpg

webtgk68.png

mZVdH1Z.png

New World Order: CK3 Edition. The best part was when by complete and utter accident, one of my 6 gorillion grandsons somehow arose to the throne of Byzantium so I had to help him fight 60k strong Bogomilist and Orthodox revolts. Fun times.

JDR13

Arcane
Conan: The Dark Axe

Fun hack and slash game with some budget problems. It was made by Slovak studio Cauldron (they've made such titles as Spellcross, Battle Isle: The Andosia War, Chaser, Gene Troopers), and published on all consoles and PC of course. It all starts when Conan sees his home village of Grannach burnt to the ground by the mysterious Vulture cult, he begins his quest for revenge against them. We are visiting various places reminding of those, that were described by Robert E. Howard.
Sadly, the levels are small, but the fighting system, while not being as good as Severance: Blade of Darkness or others, is not horrible either. We can find up to 14 weapons, plus there are parts of the titular Dark Axe hidden on some of the levels. This is the most powerful weapon, and it's not really hard to build it.

We need to gather points to unlock new moves to spice up our battle techniques. Conan is horrible, when it comes to the ledges or jumping. He is practically a doom guy, and the animation here is almost non existent. Also, the collision detection, when it comes to the levels can be infuriating, especially in the dark areas. The camera has sometimes a tendency to make difficult for player to navigate as well.

The music is quite good, and the developers have also used the amazing score created by Basil Poledouris. But again - it's not used enough for my taste. We move onward, kill some big ugly creatures here and there, with a grand finale, where we must defeat the reincarnation of Set. For one playthrough it was ok game. No crashes or weird bugs. I just wish someone made a proper Conan game with polished combat system and quality art design.

I don't remember this one which is odd because I'm a big fan of Conan. Which version did you play?

lightbane

Arcane
We can find up to 14 weapons, plus there are parts of the titular Dark Axe hidden on some of the levels. This is the most powerful weapon, and it's not really hard to build it.
OBJECTION!!!!

It is not the Dark Axe you collect pieces for (actually, you find it hidden in a level somewhere), but rather the Atlesian Sword, a fuck-huge sword that is more akin a power-sword than a mere greatsword. Doing so pretty much locks up that weapon for you, as it is so stupidly powerful you don't need anything else by then. There's a final weapon in the last level of the game that Conan ignores and refuses to pick u`if you have the Atleasian Sword equipped, but that may have been a bug.

wahrk

Learned
20201113150910-1.jpg

20201114221602-1.jpg

20201117233442-1.jpg

:shittydog:

20201115233653-1.jpg

If they’re going to charge me another $20 for this they could have at least added another bonfire here... :negative::negative::negative:

20201117214819-1.jpg

20201114230722-1.jpg

20201118010226-1.jpg

Last edited:

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Been looking for a driving wheel joystick that's good for retro gaming, but didn't know what was good or not. Thanks :)

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Been looking for a driving wheel joystick that's good for retro gaming, but didn't know what was good or not. Thanks :)
Yep and it installed without issues on WinMe.
I wanted to play Toca2 but the game is impossible without force feedback. The cars just spin out when you reach a limit and you cant feel the limit without force feedback. With it i know right away when im losing grip and a spoin could be imminent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom