Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What about the fatso NPC that's crossing the street in the beginning of the video - it has no turning animation, so one moment it's facing forward and the next it's looking and moving 90 degrees left.

Or the way that shadows tick like a clock's hands on the skyscraper when the sun moves because of the day/night cycle. I wonder how this will affect the whole image with raytracing on. I was wrong about that, it was just the screenspace effect switching off as the building was going out of the player's view.

The suspense is starting to mount guys :lol:

Last edited:
More of an RPG than Cyberpunk 2077 ✔
SvJicKb.jpg

Literally just drops you into an open world with a pistol and a lead, zero handholding.

y1uAWPB.jpg

Highly detailed clutter.

oph5t80.jpg

Hoovercars, futuristic urban environments...

dAq7QlM.jpg

Living NPCs that don't even care about the player, they're busy with their own lives.

CjY1UvZ.jpg

The city is gritty and run down, very bleak even at midday.

pxB1PzR.jpg

Night and day cycle, at night thugs might attack you.

I9ZXr9M.jpg

Deep wordless commentary on the human condition.

XYlSMw6.jpg

Neon signs all over this place.

gmV1kc9.jpg

The relationship between sex and commerce is heavily explored.

VhKH51W.jpg

Edgy and culturally and socially relevant characters.

ldwHs58.jpg

Creative architecture.

53srCxq.jpg

ART

P1xxRcL.jpg

Commentary on police and crime.

BkD0G9G.jpg

Social issues that makes you think.

VvMXuQq.jpg

A rich nightlife.

H4Imatx.jpg

The city is huge and some of it just exist for the sake of being there, it's not even quest related.

SP0Ddvd.jpg

Your first mission leads you to this hive of scum and villainy, looking for a lost daughter.

dUScXST.jpg

Strong persuasion is required.

2G6zxhG.jpg

After a shootout we save this innocent retarded girl from being exploited.

iS2ZVzY.jpg

Cyberpunk 2020, eat your heart out. Russians already did it all in 2004, drive-able hoovercars, Deus Ex meets GTA, the edge, it's all there. No bugs to speak of. Sawyerites beware, the devs don't even know what the word balance means. Gunfights are quick and lethal. Best publisher Akella did a great job with the localization that sadly never was sold in stores. The only things that Cyberpunk 2077 has that this game hasn't are trannies and Keanu Reeves.

iUIENw1.jpg

This is going to turn out like it always turns out with you slavs recommending me games. You explain what it is in the most autistic way that appeals to me. Then after agonising over getting it to actually run it turns out to be mediocre and janky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terenty

Liturgist
This is going to turn out like it always turns out with you slavs recommending me games. You explain what it is in the most autistic way that appeals to me. Then after agonising over getting it to actually run it turns out to be mediocre and janky.
I remember reading a russian review when it came out and it was relentlessly shitting on it so i never bothered with the game.

But now i'm gonna play it just to compare it favourably to the undeservedly hyped CP2077

Zer0wing

Cipher
It's a Deus Ex killer from a company that specialized on shovelware published by Akella. Not a great background. Extremely ambitious for its time but core mechanics are indeed very amateur stuff and rpg system is simply unfinished. There are some instances of game asking you to use a skill that's not even on the char sheet.

Gargaune

Magister
Someone somewhere thought "Your little skull sponge can't possibly get it's grey cells around it" was a clever and witty come back.
Maybe it was actually a reference to all the bullet sponge in the combat. Fuck, this thing's gonna need mods.

do you know if you can turn off the GPS line like you can in Witcher 3?
You'd better be able to turn off the minimap altogether. In fact, the whole HUD should be have toggles and fade options. Deus Ex 4 did it right.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I doubt they would choose not to reuse functionality which existed in their previous game just so they can *limit* UI customisation options for the player.

Quillon

Arcane
What about the fatso NPC that's crossing the street in the beginning of the video - it has no turning animation, so one moment it's facing forward and the next it's looking and moving 90 degrees left.

The one sitting on the stairs also hardly faces V, he seems to be looking at left of V untill he stands up.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Yes. Some of those games lure you in with interesting graphic design, overly ambitious scope and intriguing premise, but when you actually start to play there is usually one or more fatal flaw which makes you wish to uninstall and never ever touch it again.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It'll be the same interactive movie as before I guess.
CDPR released one particular interactive movie that filled their coffers with so much gold that top guys can sniff the finest cocaine from the asses of finest strippers all day long. Who the hell thought that they will change the formula?
Why is it that the most hopeless nutjobs from the politics forum display the highest-grade rational thought when they write in the RPGs forum? (ok I know there are exceptions who remain nutjobs)

Zer0wing

Cipher
f532bd988259364313047f9c5c8406afdf45094379d74cf88888fa227dff76f7.png

(Yeah it was a CG trailer but how he looks in-game still makes me laugh)

What's with CDPR having issues with encoding? X1X or SeX doesn't matter, still should output proper 4K. And so, the stream should also be 4K encoded. They KNOW that Reeves' face falls apart in lower resolution, especially when the internal console resolution falls below 1080P. They didn't learn from Deep Dive 2019 controversy and didn't supply their community manager with good enough PC for 4K streaming? Assholes.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Keanu was looking terribly low-fi compared to that trailer where he was first shown.
f532bd988259364313047f9c5c8406afdf45094379d74cf88888fa227dff76f7.png

(Yeah it was a CG trailer but how he looks in-game still makes me laugh)
If you pay attention, Keanu is supposed to be visible and audible only to the player, yet the sound of his voice still seems to be affected by the environment :lol:

Zer0wing

Cipher
If you pay attention, Keanu is supposed to be visible and audible only to the player, yet the sound of his voice still seems to be affected by the environment :lol:
Nah, that probably was on purpose to avoid further uncanny valley effect. Pussies, should have playtested that before.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why is it that the most hopeless nutjobs from the politics forum display the highest-grade rational thought when they write in the RPGs forum? (ok I know there are exceptions who remain nutjobs)

The better question is why you'd ever go to the politics forum. Was someone holding your puppy hostage or something?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Wouldn't a smart future simulation or whatever change the audio to match the environment for realism anyway? People nitpick the dumbest shit.
You calling Deus Ex dumb now, huh punk!? :argh:

The better question is why you'd ever go to the politics forum. Was someone holding your puppy hostage or something?
For laughing at the cope-fest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom