Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Although by no means surprising, Malus with Sword of Khaine is a funny sight to behold funny.

It's capped at 95% I think. But you also have regeneration and high melee defense and shit.

I think not taking his mount in that video is a mistake though. Yes it makes you a bigger target but it prevents knockdown, lets you easily dodge at range, and lets you immediately get to the ranged shit shooting you rather than get smashed for 10 mins trying to walk to them. Especially for big shit like the luminark if you are in melee with one you are going to be pretty well shielded from the others.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
so a dlc character is overpowered.
[surprised kirk]
I wouldn’t call Malus overpowered,especially relative to Malekith or Morathi. He does have decent synergy with sword of khaine though.

If CA allowed players to choose Malus’ unique followers and items from Tzarkan’s whispers, as opposed to being random, then he would be pretty beastly.

It's the sword of khaine that is overpowered, even lords that are supposed to be entirely caster and stay out of combat end up able to solo minor armies with it. You can in fact see how its quite overkill on Malus since all that extra ward save is useless. Other lords can fairly easily reach >90% phys/ranged resist which is basically as good as >90% ward save since only melee non-physical damage can bypass all that and you're murdering enemy lords instantly in melee anyway, and instead of the wasted ward save you have stuff like Dragons with better AoE/much more HP/mobility to easily take out the ranged shit shooting you.

And by "sword of khaine is overpowered", I mean strictly in combat. It gives you a massive -8 global public order in exchange.

Olinser

Savant
It's the sword of khaine that is overpowered, even lords that are supposed to be entirely caster and stay out of combat end up able to solo minor armies with it. You can in fact see how its quite overkill on Malus since all that extra ward save is useless. Other lords can fairly easily reach >90% phys/ranged resist which is basically as good as >90% ward save since only melee non-physical damage can bypass all that and you're murdering enemy lords instantly in melee anyway, and instead of the wasted ward save you have stuff like Dragons with better AoE/much more HP/mobility to easily take out the ranged shit shooting you.

And by "sword of khaine is overpowered", I mean strictly in combat. It gives you a massive -8 global public order in exchange.

The sword is a trash tier item. There are any number of item and skill combos that allow heroes to basically solo armies, and the sword's global debuff is NEVER worth it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The sword is a trash tier item. There are any number of item and skill combos that allow heroes to basically solo armies, and the sword's global debuff is NEVER worth it.
That could only possibly be true in the latest end game.
Before that, your heroes will have neither the levels nor the equipment to even get anywhere close to being the killing machines that the sword - on its own! - can make any character wielding it.

So if you can grab the sword in early-mid game for a few rounds, do it!

I was never bothered by its debuffs unless I kept it for a really long time.
But then again, I never play the campaign on anything more than Hard (I honestly see no reason, its simulation is neither deep nor rewarding). With battles on Very Hard, that is.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I like the challenge of Legendary. Though AI cheating may be frustratingly ridiculous sometimes and restarting one campaign 5 times in a row is something quite common. But the reward is worth it. The high elves successful Vortex campaign has been won with help of heavy use of diplomacy and intrigues. I’ve managed to unite all the Ulthuan under one military alliance. Late game was tremendously fun, when 6 major powers fucked everyone I considered a threat.

Regretfully, DE lack this diplomacy mechanics and prefer to quarrel with each other which makes them an easy prey to the enemies. Fucked up already 4 Malekith campaigns. The last one was more or less successful with help of bribes I had to pay each turn to Hellebrone and other DE factions to unite them around my will. Yet I’ve made a mistake and been ambushed by Alith Anar. With the main army wiped out it’s most certainly a defeat overall because on Legendary every turn must change the overall situation in your or your allies favor.

Alpharius

Scholar
The SFO overhaul mod seems to be rather decent and popular + there are a bunch of submods for lots of factions. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149625355

I saw a twitch streamer playing with a fucking impossibly large chaos invasion mod on mortal empires map (like 240 stacks at turn 100 and 480 at turn 150 or something like that) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2209968035 while trying to survive and abusing all the OP stuff in the game that he knows of. Basically most of the map turns into ruins on turn 110 then all the survivors start colonizing the ruins and then its :prosper:.
So i decided to try that too. Worked fine unitl my ironman save broke because i decided to add some more mods in the middle of the game :negative:.
Now started a new campaign with a not so large chaos invasion mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2169883049 hope it goes better this time around. (Description says its 200 armies total or something?)

(Unmodded chaos invasion is so weak that it is unlikely to reach the player at all unless he is close to one of the spawn points afaik).

I've had most fun with total war warhammer(1) when i played it for the first time as Empire trying to survive the End Times, so maybe somebody will like that too.

Vortex campaigns are kinda meh imo cause they are almost impossible to lose.

Last edited:

A horse of course

edit: it's the teaser they always post within a week/a few days in advance of the formal DLC trailer you absolute retards. Has playing this streamlined gook clickspam MOBA garbage rotted your brains that much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

edit: it's the teaser they always post within a week/a few days in advance of the formal DLC trailer you absolute retards. Has playing this streamlined gook clickspam MOBA garbage rotted your brains that much?

It's a stupid teaser though.

A horse of course

It's a stupid teaser though.

They're always stupid and communicate absolutely nothing useful. Just wait a few days.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/594570/view/2896339356373422204

New Wood Elves unit I guess. It has to be a new unit, according to the list of things to come.

I hate fucking around with TWA. You log in to the game, then it makes you log into TWA on the steam browser, then you quit the game, then...

Olinser

Savant
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/594570/view/2896339356373422204

New Wood Elves unit I guess. It has to be a new unit, according to the list of things to come.

Hmm, well there's really not that many units left. Really the only 3 left from the actual TT roster not in the game are Unicorn, Great Stag, and Spellweaver (although that's a Lord).

Normally I'd say the logical choice Lord would be Ariel, as she's the most prominent of the characters left and the Wood Elves don't have a caster Legendary Lord, but given the emphasis on the arrow, its highly possible it's going to be Scarloc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom