Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Special: Xbox Gameplay Footage

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

Today CD Projekt unexpectedly decided to broadcast a special episode of their ongoing Night City Wire series, unveiling (at last) nine new minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage, as seen on current and next gen Xbox consoles. It starts out with a quest to locate a missing person, but there are so many cuts that it quickly becomes impossible to understand exactly what's going on. There's some driving, dialogue, combat, and a couple of encounters with Keanu Reeves' Johnny Silverhand. At some point the game switches to a different quest and it ends with a rather horrific braindance recording.

According to the accompanying press release, CD Projekt also plan to release some PlayStation gameplay footage at a later date. The next proper episode of the Night City Wire will be airing in two days, on November 19th.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Graphics lack definition, everything is soft and blurry, probably due to video resolution and compression but still... It doesn't look good at all, reminding me of fallout 4 of all things. Performance is also going to be a massive issue on the base last gen consoles as well as the ps4 pro, because if the one x struggles with the game, the pro having lower specs will shit itself.

Otherwise it looks decent.

Curratum

Remember kids, CP2077 is a BODY POSITIVITY TITLE!

Quick reminder in the latest footage, much like in almost every other fucking trailer, lest you forget this!

kOFz6PZ.jpg

Curratum

The game has literally the texture fidelity of Deux Ex Human Revolution, a 9-year-old game, but has more post-processing fx and a higher poly count gong on. :dance:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The last 10 years we've been living in Cyberpunk. My suspicions have been confirmed yet again.

Drowed

Arcane
So... It's "good for what it is" or not? It's certainly not an RPG, and it's not cyberpunk, but here we are talking about what this isn't.

Dr Schultz

Augur
The funniest thing about the video is the sheer ignorance about the cyberpunk genre that it highlights in the thread.

This is BY FAR the most accurate rappresentation of a cyberpunk city ever seen in a videogame and the usual codexians - unsurprisingly - keep bitching about how the game is not cyberpunk.

SOOO predictable

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
The funniest thing about the video is the sheer ignorance about the cyberpunk genre that it highlights in the thread.

This is BY FAR the most accurate rappresentation of a cyberpunk city ever seen in a videogame and the usual codexians - unsurprisingly - keep bitching about how the game is not cyberpunk.

SOOO predictable

As I understand it the Codex has no taste for Cyberpunk - I don't actually know anything about this setting, other than it seems queer as fuck. The very idea of it seems entirely postmodern. Codex can bitch about the game design, but yeah, it's going to be a thin facade for their political rants about how much they care about God and their dearly loved fat wives (are these two things the same : a valid question). Only the Ubermensch will be able to distinguish between their own personal taste and a cold analysis of the structural functions of the product, its aesthetic characteristics, and so on ; the plebos are always emotional and reactive in everything they say.

Dr Schultz

Augur

SOOO predictable

As I understand it the Codex has no taste for Cyberpunk - I don't actually know anything about this setting, other than it seems queer as fuck. The very idea of it seems entirely postmodern. Codex can bitch about the game design, but yeah, it's going to be a thin facade for their political rants about how much they care about God and their dearly loved fat wives (are these two things the same : a valid question). Only the Ubermensch will be able to distinguish between their own personal taste and a cold analysis of the structural functions of the product, its aesthetic characteristics, and so on ; the plebos are always emotional and reactive in everything they say.

It"s not a matter of taste. It's a matter of knowledge (or lack of).

I'm not even sure I like this art direction. I would probably have preferred something more authorial, along the line of the foreign city in Ghost in the shell: Innocence, instead of this run of the mill CP esthetics.
Point is: You gotta be ignorant of the genre conventions, blind or both, if you keep saying that this game is not cyberpunk.

Simple as that...

Last edited:

passerby

Arcane
Graphics lack definition, everything is soft and blurry, probably due to video resolution and compression but still... It doesn't look good at all, reminding me of fallout 4 of all things.

I think it's because of chromatic aberration, aka "VHS filter", so I hope it'll look sharp on PC after turning off.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
It's difficult to find footage of this game that doesn't have abrupt or bizarre cuts in some way or another. Combined with all the delays, makes it feel like there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on.

Thonius

Arcane
Skipped the video... gunfight okay.... hm where it is? Right near the dildo shop! So 2020!
Meh, delay it for 2 more years...shooting part is eh. Graphics is bad too. Overall it's... hardly... eh don't worth the effort to shitpost.

Jason Liang

Arcane

SOOO predictable
Honestly, Congqing looks years more hi-tech than this.

Also, why doesn't Keanu sound like Keanu:\

JDR13

Arcane
How bout Fredo Corleone in drag starting at 8:05?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom