Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
why is everything so low texture in that trailer?

WTF loks like a ps2 game

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I keep thinking why they did this console gameplay preview out of the blue, and combining it with how low-fi it looks, I wonder if they didn't do it exactly with the idea to test reactions. They don't want to postpone any more but if the reactions come off as too much outrage they may consider delaying again. IDK, but doing this console preview in this state, with no notice, looks strange however you look at it.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Silverhand looks perfectly fine in game.

Em9BY3KXEAAGUeU

Naraya

Arcane
Soundtrack details: https://pitchfork.com/news/cyberpun...ew-music-by-grimes-sophie-the-armed-and-more/

Polish game developer CD Projekt Red has revealed new details about the soundtrack for its forthcoming game Cyberpunk 2077, which arrives December 10. In addition to Run the Jewels’ recent track “No Save Point,” the soundtarck boasts new music from Grimes, Ratboy, SOPHIE and Shygirl, the Armed, HEALTH, Let’s Eat Grandma’s Rosa Walton, and others.

Each of the artists in the game will take on pseudonyms in the Cyberpunk 2077 universe. Grimes is Lizzy Wizzy, for example, and the duo of SOPHIE and Shygirl are known as Clockwork Venus. The soundtrack will be accessible in-game via radio stations à la Grand Theft Auto V. Volume 1 of the soundtrack is out December 11, while Volume 2 arrives a week later on December 18. Below, find the full tracklist of artists and their respective Cyberpunk names.

Radio Volume 1:

01 Run the Jewels (Yankee and the Brave): “No Save Point”
02 SOPHIE / Shygirl (Clockwork Venus): “BM”
03 Le Destroy (The Bait): “Kill Kill”
04 Yugen Blakrok (Gorgon Madonna): “Metamorphosis”
05 Konrad Oldmoney (7 Facas): “Dinero” [ft. Cerbeus]
06 Deadly Hunta / Maro Music (Footage Missing): “When It’s War’
07 The Armed (Homeschool Dropouts): “Night City Aliens”
08 Converge (Shattered Void): “I Won’t Let You Go”
09 Aligns (Rubicones): “Friday Night Fire Fight”
10 Tomb Mold (Bacillus): “March 30th”
11 Deafkids (Tainted Overlord): “Selva Pulsátil”

Radio Volume 2:

01 Namakopuri (Us Cracks): “PonPon Shit”
02 Grimes (Lizzy Wizzy): “Delicate Weapon”
03 Rat Boy (IBDY): “Who’s Ready for Tomorrow”
04 HEALTH (Window Weather): “Major Crimes”
05 Rosa Walton (Hallie Coggins): “I Really Want to Stay at Your House”
06 Nina Kraviz (Bara Nova): “Surprise Me, I’m Surprised Today”
07 Raney Shockne (Point Break Candy): “Hole in the Sun” [f. COS and Conway]
08 Gazelle Twin (Trash Generation): “History”
09 Poloz (Tinnitus): “On My Way to Hell”

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
I keep thinking why they did this console gameplay preview out of the blue, and combining it with how low-fi it looks, I wonder if they didn't do it exactly with the idea to test reactions. They don't want to postpone any more but if the reactions come off as too much outrage they may consider delaying again. IDK, but doing this console preview in this state, with no notice, looks strange however you look at it.
What's the point of delaying this shit anymore? So it could look like proper Gta 3 clone?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have no idea. From what I'm seeing the internet isn't exploding in outrage over downgrade too.

I have humbe hopes - that in CP77 they have finally solved the problem from Witcher 3 where NPCs in the city will walk the streets as if blind, bump into you while you are stationary, and make complaining noises because of it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

HAHAHAHA

I love reading those DUMBFUCK YouTube comments on that latest video posted. "Why are the streets so empty? Isn't this NIGHT CITY? Where are the people? It's not dense." And then some little bitch comes out with a hundred little cope excuses like, "Uh it's for showcase." "The time of the day matters!" "It's a BETA build!"

HAHAHAHA

Maybe they're QUARANTINING TOO? HAHAHAHA. Looks like a real SHIT game. Bustling city my sack. I've seen more bustling HAMLETS, nigga.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I love reading those DUMBFUCK YouTube comments on that latest video posted. "Why are the streets so empty? Isn't this NIGHT CITY? Where are the people? It's not dense." And then some little bitch comes out with a hundred little cope excuses like, "Uh it's for showcase." "The time of the day matters!" "It's a BETA build!"

HAHAHAHA

Maybe they're QUARANTINING TOO? HAHAHAHA. Looks like a real SHIT game. Bustling city my sack. I've seen more bustling HAMLETS, nigga.
Is there some technical reason these open world games can't use crowd simulations?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Otherwise, if you're talking about "performance enhancement", why would someone only replace their left arm?
Really annoys me that so many cyberpunk developers out there for many games didn't seem to understand the point of Molly Millions in Neuromancer and Johnny Mnemonic.
Her entire approach is that she intentionally made herself look like a freak because it meant she was a more effective killing machine. Less a means of status symbol and more a means of survival.
We compare it to Anna and Gunther from Deus Ex and they applied that same mentality as well. Based on the background lore we believe Anna and Gunther got augmentations because they felt their fleshy parts made them less effective in combat. They are annoyed by nano-augmentation because it meant better combat effectiveness without sacrifice so they resent the fact that they did this to themselves for practically no benefit.

The only characters in Deus Ex 1 with mechanical augs are all ex-unatco which is why it being societal widespread in HR made absolutely no sense at all.
CP 2020's universe is that Cyberware is an extension of Fashion and thus a status symbol. To be honest though that always annoyed me because it meant most of the poorest people made no sense to have them yet we can clearly see CDProjekt practically everyone has them.
I think much like HR they over did it.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

HAHAHAHA

Is there some technical reason these open world games can't use crowd simulations?

They've tried to run it full scale in AC:Unity. It didn't run well on anything for a few years

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
At least it's not Blood Incantation (a gargantuan piece of shit) or Fear Factory (too obvious choice ever since fucking 90s when you had two different games sharing same 'demanufacture' instrumentals).
This playlist lacks Decapitated, Behemoth and Vader. Where's the Polish flavor, eh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom