Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2020 - December 10th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Voting is open. Relevant to the Codex's interests:

Best RPG
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Genshin Impact
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Wasteland 3
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Best Sim/Strategy Game
  • Crusader Kings 3
  • Desperados 3
  • Gears Tactics
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • XCOM: Chimera Squad

Plus a whole bunch more categories with FF7 remake and Hades.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Geoff Keighley needs to be cancelled somehow.
Somebody should write on twitter that Geoff looked at their pussy.

IceyD

Scholar
i remember geoff from the GameTrailers days. now he's the ryan seacrest of gaming. what a journey

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why is that indie piece of shit Hades nominated in so many categories? Played that crap when it came out in the EGS last year and uninstalled it after 5 min (I pirated it of course)
These awards keep getting worse every year, what a feat. Ghost of Fukushima beating TLOU2 and GBFV winning FG of the year would be nice tho

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Z6Xqdt4.gif

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk and Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children should be the leading contenders for best RPG of 2020.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I'm surprised that there's no category for best diversity/wokeness, but at least there's "accessibility".
Also they should have added Cyberpunk to best RPG pre-emptively, it certainly would have won despite not being released yet :)

Tehdagah

Arcane
Infinitron you forgot another one:

Best Game of the Year
  • The Last of Us Part II – Naughty Dog
this game is relevant to codexers' interests in more ways than one, you know~ :shittydog:

Hopefully it wins everything just for the lulz

Sad He-Man

Educated
Content Creator of the Year
For a streamer or content creator who has made an important and positive impact on the community in 2020.
  • Alanah Pearce
  • Jay Ann Lopez
  • NickMercs
  • TimTheTatman
  • Valkyrae

...who even are these people? What impact have they made this year? How do you measure that? What is the purpose of this award other than within-industry ego stroking?

I know only the first one. And I only know her from promoting herself via cp77, promoting herself via her channel & looks, and running unfunny Funhaus segments. And apparently being hired as a writer for new GoW based on the pedigree of her above mentioned achievements.

prengle

Savant
Why is that indie piece of shit Hades nominated in so many categories? Played that crap when it came out in the EGS last year and uninstalled it after 5 min (I pirated it of course)
These awards keep getting worse every year, what a feat. Ghost of Fukushima beating TLOU2 and GBFV winning FG of the year would be nice tho
it was announced at the 2018 dorito pope awards and funnily enough it was featured in the first epic games store ad i remember watching - so i guess it's finally come full circle

looking at this year's Best Narrative nominees actually made me regret railing against disco elysium so hard, i'm fully expecting last of us 2 to pick up most of these awards in the most hilarious and soul-crushing outcome possible

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom