Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Sòren

Arcane

This is to date the only Ultima game I've ever finished. After countless restarts when mid-way through the game Lord British would spawn underneath his throne and it was impossible for me to continue. But it's still got a beautiful soundtrack.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
The Alone in the Dark game from 2008 might be quite a mess at times, but it definitely has its moments and the soundtrack is absolutely superb.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
Here are some VGM that sound eerie yet oddly beautiful at the same time:

The lyrics in this one break the fourth wall, it creeped me out the first time I heard it:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Here are some VGM that sound eerie yet oddly beautiful at the same time:

I've honestly not seen a remix better than the original. I think the original is far better, but fwiw, here is the original, if anyone is interested.

Oh, thanks for posting this because I immediately heard that tune and remarked this in my favorites. It was favorited through Supradarky's channel who is no longer on YouTube, so I've not heard this great turn in forever, it feels like. It's really good, though.

Surprised no one has posted TWD's soundtrack. The "shelter" song is fucking beautiful.

Also, this fucking classic. Fits the game so perfectly. I think Ross was hating on it during his review, but I fucking love it. I was listening to this shit while I was conquering the Abbadasids in CK2.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom