Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

20418F84BFBFF5EE16BB21F95F227C60BF034687

I like the 2077's augs UI because is reminiscent to Deus Ex 1.

So did anyone analyzed the shit out of that clip and the augs statistics?

Naraya

Arcane
Rofl, it looks like someone LIED to IGN:
"Besides, combat itself is probably one of Cyberpunk 2077’s weaker points. It’s certainly not bad, but if you’re playing this like a straight FPS then you’ll probably be disappointed"

PCGamer:
"The game's marketing has, understandably, focused on the louder, more aggressive side of the game, which has painted a somewhat inaccurate picture of it. Cyberpunk 2077 isn't all noise, future slang, extreme violence, and fluorescent yellow; it has quiet, touching moments of warmth too."

BarbequeMasta

Learned
To be honest I expect this to be NuDeus EX quality but with a lot more content, which yeah isn't the greatest thing ever or on par OG deus EX, but as far as AAA main stream shit goes, it is pretty good. If it delivers on that or comes somewhat close I'll get on later date and have some good fun with it, once the evantual bug fixing and patching happens.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
There's kind of a spoiler in the gameplay video and it shattered my dreams of being an Arasaka loyalist.. If CP2077 is really successful maybe we'll get a new deus ex game and maybe it will not be shit?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
To be honest I expect this to be NuDeus EX quality but with a lot more content, which yeah isn't the greatest thing ever or on par OG deus EX, but as far as AAA main stream shit goes, it is pretty good.

Yeah, I can’t make myself expect a whole lot from this. And being ”good” in a mainstream sense isn’t a very big commendation.

I can only hope the gameplay is at least somewhat entertaining. Truth be told, I’d much rather have even Wasteland 1 style simplistic textparser combat than what’s been shown.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Seems like they remembered how to sell their game. It won't be GOAT the internet was hoping for in 2017 but I am certain that I will enjoy CyberWitcher 2020 :cool:.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
new deus ex game
probably won't happen Square found out the hard way that its a tough IP to sell. Reminder that all Deus Ex games failed to be massive hits. Deus Ex 1 whilst successful had lower than expected sales hence why Eidos was so harsh to Ion Storm with Invisible War.
Square repeated the same mistake with Human Revolution. It sold well but lacked the longevity required to justify a sequel thus we get the financial flop that was Mankind Divided. I'm sceptic if they'll try it again.
Cyberpunk is only going to sell because its CDProjekt developing it. Otherwise the normies wouldn't have know what it even was and just ignored it.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Cyberpunk is only going to sell because its CDProjekt developing it. Otherwise the normies wouldn't have know what it even was and just ignored it.
Cyberpunk is going to sell because of CDP's previous work, but it is going to sell in GTA-level numbers because of CDP's flawless marketing campaign (although it got harmed by delays and crunch stuff).

Unfortunately SquareEnix never really knew how to properly market their Deus Ex games, they always found ways to sabotage them (microtransactions..) and the word of mouth wasn't strong enough either, because while the games were good/great, they were not GOTY level great.

IGN being IGN:

Unfortunately, like I said before, with a game this broad, there are bound to be some rough edges – and while the quests themselves are entertaining, the way they are managed is probably one of the roughest things I saw. Cyberpunk 2077’s quest log is a big messy list, and figuring out which of your many quests to pursue next is a hassle for a few reasons: there’s no indication of the XP, money, items, or Street Cred a quest will reward; no sense of how difficult a quest will be beyond a vague “Danger” descriptor like “Moderate,” “High,” or “Very High,” when an actual level number would have let me decide if I should try to punch slightly above my weight or not; and there's little convenient way to tell what’s near you beyond tracking a quest and then tabbing over to the incredibly busy map to see if the waypoint is close by. Generally whatever I picked was enjoyable, but if it’s going to give me this many things to do then I wish there were better tools to inform my decisions about the order to do them.

:roll:

Admittedly it is pretty funny that IGN would want a numerical scale to make things easier to understand. I think right now we're in like year 15 or 16 of people making fun of how IGN doesn't seem to understand how the 1 - 10 rating scale works.

They will hit the date. As for the bugs, well - we don't know when reviews were written. This was the last NCW. In my book this strongly indicates no more delays are coming.
They'll get scalped by their investors if they delay again. Money talks and I congratulate them on delaying it as much as they did, because it shows they actually care about the quality of their product at least to some degree.
I wish they did delay it though, because the amount of neo-nerd asshurt that would entail would be absolutely hilarious.

Yeah, missing the other dates is one thing, but there ain't no way in hell they're missing Christmas.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cyberpunk 2077’s quest log is a big messy list, and figuring out which of your many quests to pursue next is a hassle for a few reasons: there’s no indication of the XP, money, items, or Street Cred a quest will reward; no sense of how difficult a quest will be beyond a vague “Danger” descriptor like “Moderate,” “High,” or “Very High,” when an actual level number would have let me decide if I should try to punch slightly above my weight or not

I am so fed up with retards like the ones at IGN that want all the games to be analyzed, played and viewed through the prism of a fuckin MMORPG.
Everything must be scrutinized, dissected and perused while playing like you would want to level up quickly and efficiently in a mmorpg so you can finally access the fun part.

No mistery, no surprises (positive or negative)... know everything beforehand. Such joy.

And if a NPC tells you what reward will give you, use a fuckin pen like in the old days! :)

Danikas

Arcane
"There's just so much to talk about—and all from playing a relatively tiny portion of the game. Flick the TV on in V's apartment and you can sit and watch hours of news reports, lurid entertainment shows, and a channel that plays non-stop commercials. Cyberpunk creator Mike Pondsmith even turns up as a DJ on one of the radio stations. The in-car radio also features a huge selection of music, including a jazz station, which became my favourite. There's something appealing about the mix of dystopian futurism and chill '40s jazz."

from pc gamer preview.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom