Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

JDR13

Arcane
Why, what's wrong with it?

It's Japanese and thus anathema to many of the edgier codexers that inhabit GRPG. They are a detestable bunch that have the mentality of a 12 year old who so desperately wants to be seen as "mature" and eschew anything with any sort of whimsy. The colorful cartoon characters that are an everyday occurence in Japan strikes at their very core.

Another problem is that Japanese games tend to focus on gameplay, which is highly criticized on GRPG (check the thread about what turns you off an RPG, majority of the posts are gameplay related.) The only thing they hate more than gameplay are themselves.

d33b9793dff3a65f20dbf0864e0138e7.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If your entire purpose in this thread is to come in here and whine, despite not giving a shit about the game, you're just wasting your time.

We like it, it's great, and there's fuck all that your complaining will achieve.

I'll give it to GhostCow, though. Troubleshooter came out of nowhere. I followed it for years and bought on a whim. (I was hesitant about always online demand) Boom! Game is great.

Path of Wuxia is also high up on my list, despite only being in early access.

13 Sentinels is probably my favorite visual novel.

Those are my top four games of 2020.

Japan, China and Korea putting western devs in their place.

Misco Jones

Savant
A special broadcast for Yakuza’s 15th anniversary will be held on RGG Studio official Youtube channel on December 8th (20:00 JST). The stream will cover the history of the Yakuza series and will make announcements on future developments.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
RPG OF THE YEAR

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic.
Name anything better. Fuck, name ANY decent rpg released in current year.
Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children
It's great game, but it's not an rpg.
Dungeons of Nahuelbuek

I put a few hours into Naheulbeuk and while I admit the turn based combat was decent, the whole thing was packaged in a box overflowing with cringe. Maybe something was lost in the English translation, but I was discouraged from playing further due to the terrible attempts at humour.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
A special broadcast for Yakuza’s 15th anniversary will be held on RGG Studio official Youtube channel on December 8th (20:00 JST). The stream will cover the history of the Yakuza series and will make announcements on future developments.

I would be happy with just an announcement of the PC ports of 3 to 6

Jinn

Arcane
I would be happy with just an announcement of the PC ports of 3 to 6

As it seems to be a Japanese focused event, I wouldn't count on it. It's likely going to be a little reveal on the next game.

3-5 remasters are coming. My guess would be in the next few months.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ah man... heads up chapter 12 has one of those "earn 3 million yen" Shenmue-ish bs sections. Wish I had known because I was blowing cash on all kinds of incremental damage increases that weren't really necessary cause the combat is very forgiving.

For anyone thinking that this might be a problem, just get into the management mini-game. Besides it being totally awesome, you get an ever-increasing wodge of cash after every successful board meeting. I'm up to about 5 million yen or so in Chapter 8 (9? not sure anymore, spent all my day in Ichiban Holdings lol) and not broke into the top 10 ranked companies yet.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
After beating the management minigame, just repeat the last cycle to get 3 mil yen each time.
Tedious though.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone got onto NG+ yet? I'm curious about how it handles part-time hero stuff. I don't want to spend ages hunting down low level trash mobs to clear a challenge, only for it to reset on NG+. I'm thinking it all carries over, is this right?

Deflowerer

Arcane
Has anyone got onto NG+ yet? I'm curious about how it handles part-time hero stuff. I don't want to spend ages hunting down low level trash mobs to clear a challenge, only for it to reset on NG+. I'm thinking it all carries over, is this right?

Based on some Nippon site, Part-Time Hero stuff should carry over achievement wise. Probably means that the quests might still appear (because subquests are reset) in the game but the game considers it already done.

Important to also note that while Job levels carry over to NG+, you are stuck in the initial jobs as per story progression. Thus it is wise to make sure starting job of Ichiban is levelled up decently by the end of NG.

Robber Baron

Savant
Damn I wish sidequests accounted for the active party members. I understand it's their first step into the party based gameplay but I'm still bummed every time seeing only Ichiban active during those

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur
Why clan creator Is named like that? You just hire a team to protect a costruction a Building site, you don't build a clan rival to Tojo and Omi.
In Kiwami 2 while the rarity is a good way to have an idea of melee units power It doesn't work with support units. For example Councilor Saeki Is labeled as common but his Attack Power Is bigger than rare support. Also there Is pistol, bomb and Rocket Launcher support but pistol seems garbage...has slighty Better rate of fire but you kill even 20 enemies with a rocket Launcher.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Yakuza: LAD?!?! Where the hell was I when this happened? Yakuza games come seemingly out of nowhere... I'm always down for a surprise adventure in this excellent series. Yakuza games have provided me with more straight-up fun than almost any other game or series I've ever played.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Why clan creator Is named like that? You just hire a team to protect a costruction a Building site, you don't build a clan rival to Tojo and Omi.
In Kiwami 2 while the rarity is a good way to have an idea of melee units power It doesn't work with support units. For example Councilor Saeki Is labeled as common but his Attack Power Is bigger than rare support. Also there Is pistol, bomb and Rocket Launcher support but pistol seems garbage...has slighty Better rate of fire but you kill even 20 enemies with a rocket Launcher.
The Clan Creator is named that primarily because a much more barebones version of it debuted in Yakuza 6 and it was named that. And no, you don't build a rival to Tojo or Omi in that either.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron

It's a testament to the game that I've played 70 hours and have no idea what this post is talking about. Looks like it's still got some new surprises to throw at me even after 70 hours. This is definitely my GOTY no doubt, it's just a shame they've not balanced the difficulty properly.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's a testament to the game that I've played 70 hours and have no idea what this post is talking about. Looks like it's still got some new surprises to throw at me even after 70 hours. This is definitely my GOTY no doubt, it's just a shame they've not balanced the difficulty properly.

he's talking about the majima construction company management in yakuza kiwami 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom