Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Also Ariel looks fucking ugly. I bet Tom Parker made her.
I'm sure there will be a sexy Ariel mod asap
Sexy moth woman?

:shredder:

Sexy+moth+legs_05cc7a_7720033.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
I love how skaven favoritism stole the beastmen's lore now.

Everything I read up on Ariel and the Wood Elves is about warring the beastmen and Morghur wanting to consume Ariel's magical powers. Now the skaven are the ones doing that because every DLC is skaven dlc.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
My guess is that a Beastmen rework is on hold until CA figures out what to do with the horde mechanic. The horde mechanic turns the beastmen and chaos campaigns into a slog, and so I doubt CA will release anything until WH3 or pre-WH3 DLC bonus.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I just saw on a stream that, in addition to campaign and battle difficulty, there is now an option to adjust Chaos invasion difficulty. You can turn it off entirely or ramp up the invasion. Long overdue, but nice nonetheless.

Come WH3, I would love a randomized end times, where it could also be Nagash, Horned Rat, big WAAGGH, etc. in lieu of just chaos.

Last edited:

A horse of course

I just saw on a stream that, in addition to campaign and battle difficulty, there is an option to adjust Chaos invasion difficulty. You can turn it off entirely or ramp up the invasion.

I'd rather they supplemented the "kill Archibald" objective (which reduces the other invasion sites to mere conveyor belts of no-name Chaos general stack spam) with other "leader" figures that need to be defeated to end spawning in those particular areas. Some mods have a partial implementation of this sort of thing, like Crom leading a southern invasion or Egrimm Van Horstmann leading a smaller attack from off the coast. The Chaos invasion also shouldn't be a one-and-done thing. Again, I'm sure they're holding off all this for the big Chaos rework in WH3, when we mgiht see demon gates etc.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I just saw on a stream that, in addition to campaign and battle difficulty, there is an option to adjust Chaos invasion difficulty. You can turn it off entirely or ramp up the invasion.

I'd rather they supplemented the "kill Archibald" objective (which reduces the other invasion sites to mere conveyor belts of no-name Chaos general stack spam) with other "leader" figures that need to be defeated to end spawning in those particular areas. Some mods have a partial implementation of this sort of thing, like Crom leading a southern invasion or Egrimm Van Horstmann leading a smaller attack from off the coast. The Chaos invasion also shouldn't be a one-and-done thing. Again, I'm sure they're holding off all this for the big Chaos rework in WH3, when we mgiht see demon gates etc.
That would be an interesting layer to the invasions, especially with the addition of demons/champions for each chaos god.

Finally getting damage stats is great. Really like when small quality of life features like that get added. Same for actually being able to use wood elves in wooded areas, just makes sense. Feel like wood elves should actually get a stronger version of it with arrows having a 50% or so chance to pass through trees past the first 1.2 seconds, but oh well.

The knockdown thing was actually a bug. I think it was something like the game calculating knockdown chance every frame rather than once per charge, so a unit that was supposed to have 90% knockdown resistance still got knocked down constantly because when you have 60 knockdown checks a second it didn't matter. Strong foot lords were intended by their internal statline to be highly resistant to knockdowns. Shouldn't really matter that much except for lords/heroes/very strong heavy infantry.

Olinser

Savant
Finally getting damage stats is great. Really like when small quality of life features like that get added. Same for actually being able to use wood elves in wooded areas, just makes sense. Feel like wood elves should actually get a stronger version of it with arrows having a 50% or so chance to pass through trees past the first 1.2 seconds, but oh well.

The knockdown thing was actually a bug. I think it was something like the game calculating knockdown chance every frame rather than once per charge, so a unit that was supposed to have 90% knockdown resistance still got knocked down constantly because when you have 60 knockdown checks a second it didn't matter. Strong foot lords were intended by their internal statline to be highly resistant to knockdowns. Shouldn't really matter that much except for lords/heroes/very strong heavy infantry.

Well it definitely is a huge nerf to chariots and cavalry that relied on dashing through instead of fighting. All it's going to take is a couple guys making their knockdown resist to pin them in the middle of infantry and they get slaughtered.

Overall definitely good though. It was so stupid having a lord like Grimgore or Archaeon or Ungrim get knocked down by a tier 2 rando schlub on a horse and never be able to actually hit them.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I was under the impression the last few trailers each played off of a movie: Prophet and the Warlock -Predator; Huntsman - Jurassic Park, and Warden and the Paunch - Dark Knight. I couldn’t tell whether this one had a movie influence or not. Maybe the music?

Avatar comes to mind as a movie to play off of but I haven't seen it so someone tell me if there's any resemblance.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Avatar comes to mind as a movie to play off of but I haven't seen it so someone tell me if there's any resemblance.
While I barely remember Avatar, nothing stuck out to me as a reference.

The music reminded me of the Stranger Things theme and some other 80s retro.

Mazisky

Magister
For those asking for, the free Legendary Lord Drycha does not need this new DLC, you get her even if you only have the old WE dlc, but she only works for Mortal Empires.

Retardo

Learned
How do you guys deal with campaigns turning into a slog at turn 100+?

Usually at this turn all neighbours are conquered/allied, and the only thing to do is to paint the map methodically, which is boring.
The CA's inept attempts to "liven up" endgame, like Chaos invasion, or that clusterfuck in Shogun when half the map declares war on you, also dont help, due to these events falling on the obnoxious side.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron

Usually at this turn all neighbours are conquered/allied, and the only thing to do is to paint the map methodically, which is boring.
The CA's inept attempts to "liven up" endgame, like Chaos invasion, or that clusterfuck in Shogun when half the map declares war on you, also dont help, due to these events falling on the obnoxious side.
Alt+F4. The campaign is done as soon as I don't feel like playing it anymore.

Tried a WElf campaign since its gonna be radically changed and I never really got far with it before. Figured out a good strategy to quickly take all the other forest capitols within the first 8 or so turns (can explain if anyone is interested). From there I was pretty OP with enough army for 2-3ish full stacks. With level 3 garrisons and the defence boosting buildings you just let the settlements themselves kill rebels to farm cash while you conquer the world. Conquered most of Bret, got down south and took out everything on the way to ikit, was working my ways east through a chaostide. Turn was only around 50, was making great progress. At this point I decided to upgrade the Oak of Ages to level 2. A beastman stack spawns and starts running at the tree. 2 turns later, the beastmen...

...dun dun dun...

called two high elven factions to join them in their war against me. Those factions then called the rest of the elves in and I have no fucking chance of defending when Wood Elf garrisons have 5 dudes and no walls and I only have 3 and a half stacks, 2 of which have to fight skaven and greenskins. I guess the moral of the story is fuck me for forgetting the mod that disables AIs calling each other into wars.

So yeah, learned my lesson there. New campaign where you can just defend around your trees rather than needing to defend wide swathes of land sounds like it will be much more fitting.

Mazisky

Magister

In the next patch they add the ability to customize Chaos invasion intensity before starting the campaign. Nothing special, but better than the current state.

Drakron

Arcane
Tried a WElf campaign since its gonna be radically changed and I never really got far with it before. Figured out a good strategy to quickly take all the other forest capitols within the first 8 or so turns (can explain if anyone is interested). From there I was pretty OP with enough army for 2-3ish full stacks. With level 3 garrisons and the defence boosting buildings you just let the settlements themselves kill rebels to farm cash while you conquer the world. Conquered most of Bret, got down south and took out everything on the way to ikit, was working my ways east through a chaostide. Turn was only around 50, was making great progress. At this point I decided to upgrade the Oak of Ages to level 2. A beastman stack spawns and starts running at the tree. 2 turns later, the beastmen...

...dun dun dun...

called two high elven factions to join them in their war against me. Those factions then called the rest of the elves in and I have no fucking chance of defending when Wood Elf garrisons have 5 dudes and no walls and I only have 3 and a half stacks, 2 of which have to fight skaven and greenskins. I guess the moral of the story is fuck me for forgetting the mod that disables AIs calling each other into wars.

So yeah, learned my lesson there. New campaign where you can just defend around your trees rather than needing to defend wide swathes of land sounds like it will be much more fitting.

From what I taken, the changes to WE makes then even more defensive as their economy was nerfed (even if not as Amber dependent) and you really dont want to spread out due to outposts making little to no money so you get fucked if you expand too much because they up the upkeep costs of Lords and Agents globally that if they are doing it to stop the Ordertide I dont think that will work because the AI cheats are the cause when they just pull 2-3 armies out of just owning a single Settlement.

Also since you can travel with the roots to the Magical Forests (with then adding new ones, not just the ones on the Empire, Elf Island and Badlands) you kinda have to be careful as you can now spread across the map with ease and suddenly having to defend those locations and the roots have a base 10 turns cooldown and I dont think you can afford to have 5-6 armies babysitting then.

Drakron

Arcane
Also Ariel looks fucking ugly. I bet Tom Parker made her.

Well her model is not exactly attractive either ...
cjqlwj8sbe6y.jpg

And yes, Alarielle tabletop model was pretty on the ugly side even if later models improved but Ariel even in illustrations never been someone you can all pretty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom