Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the 3070's 1440p/Ultra that I'm eyeballing. I know there's a massive gap to the new 3070, but I'm hoping that extra bit of grunt the 2070 has over the 2060 coupled with my lower screen resolution might just cut it. As long as the framerate stays in the 40-50 range, I'm cool.
Could try Dynamic Resolution to keep stable 60. On such old monitor, framerate hovering gives far jaggier picture unpleasant to look at than the newer ones with Freesync. DLSS is still artifact-heavy.
We'll see, so far I've always prioritised native resolution over jaggies but I'm out of touch with some of these newer rendering gimmicks. I just hope they supply a built-in FPS counter, I didn't have something DX12-compatible on hand for Mankind Divided.
Just use this: https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner

Perkel

Arcane
Glad i upgraded to GTX1080 from GTX980. I will be doing Ultra@1080p rather than medium@1080p. Shame though i don't have 4k TV.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Glad i upgraded to GTX1080 from GTX980. I will be doing Ultra@1080p rather than medium@1080p. Shame though i don't have 4k TV.
Seems like the right choice anyway with a 1080 to go for 1080p with a higher framerate than 4k cInEmAtIc.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I upgraded to a 1080ti from a 780. Judging by benchmarks that's the equivalent of 2070 Super in non-RTX performance. I think 1440p at Ultra should be possible.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
You lads can suck off the game and have arguments over artstyle all you want. I still have this incredible feeling that the game will be absolutely broken and unstable. That'd be fine if this was a normal low profile eurojank release. But I can see this game getting slaughtered by the mainstream media and normies if it turns out to be really glitchy. Time will tell.
It will be a Bethesda tier game, tons of jank, and not contain what a lot of people want out of it. Poles seem to have developed some kind of anti-hype-fallout mechanism though, as The Witcher 3 still got incredibly big despite the downgrades and braindead gameplay. I don't think this game will be nearly as good as TW3 though, they refined that formula over time, starting out with a proper CRPG and then shaving off things and making bits and bobs more casual until they could deliver some sliver of cool shit to the great masses with good production values. Decent writing, C&C and and all that for the eight gen. That was fresh to people who were used to garbage from Ubishit and Bethesda and I think it changed people's expectations to a degree that Fallout 4 didn't get as big of a reception as it could have if it wasn't on the market. I mean what would the kids have to compare it against otherwise really? Mass Effect Andromeda?

But now that they aren't that underdog studio on the rise anymore and they are pretty much making a flagship title that will transition vidya gayms into the next generation I don't think we will see the same response. This is some triple A blockbuster but this is also the first time they make a game of this kind. Under the hood I don't think this truly is all that different from Sabotain, it's just presentation and budget, along with content scope. Honestly I think it was a huge mistake to even pretend that this monster whopper is an RPG, because that just means you get bullet spongey enemies and stupid limitations that doesn't make any sense with FPS expectations. Zero idea why devs want to pretend to make RPGs with numbers floating out when you hit enemies, does anyone actually like that crap?

That's my take, it will be just another Watchdawgs, Montreal Desu Sex, Ass Creed and the like. It will run like shit, people will float in the air and ragdoll into the sky. Even so it will still sell like hotcakes, just like the other AAA shit. Personally I will give it a swing, not because I expect a good game, or because I'm taken in by the marketing like AwesumButtan over there is, or even due to graphics, I just want to see what a current game cyberpunk open-world game with a budget looks like. Will wait for the GOTY remaster edition though, with all the bells and whistles, that doesn't run like dogshit and with all the worst bugs gone and additional content in.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

RTX: ON!

kVRIC7j.jpg

CDProjekt copying Sabotain once again.

mTSTpg1.jpg

Quillon

Arcane
Because you can always add more RAM in the future when the prices are lower and you actually need it?

Well, f.i. a few years later I couldn't find the same ram sticks nor sticks with same paramaters, had to buy different sticks, if I add my old sticks on top they work at lower frequency. And price of older ram sticks that are few in the market are way higher than you'd expect.

Avarize

Magister
Actually it's kinda funny. You think you are definitely skilled to handle that pistol, until you find you shot a policeman into his butt. Then you see his weird ideas of believing you know what's "safety on the pistol" means, in which direction it should point when you don't want shoot, and his shouting you shouldn't touch trigger when you are pointing pistol on people.
And then you hear, you should hold pistol tight even without touching trigger, it shot when fell on floor, and how lucky are everyone it didn't hit anyone.

And they you hear also people who are screaming you shouldn't point pistol on anyone, but these are totally deranged.
That's the joke. Aiming can be varying degrees of difficult but anyone can shoot any gun. The only gun I've ever used is RK-62 assault rifle, but if I had to defend myself I would pick up a handgun, point towards the threat and shoot. No matter my inexperience.
As I said here, I'm not one of those "just shoot them in the leg" people, but any gun can be used with any level of expertise. Just give penalties to handling and accuracy if the character doesn't fulfill the requirements.

Wesp5

Arcane
Are you fucking kidding? This game has level gated items?
Haven't you ever looked at a pistol and thought "I'm definitely not skilled enough to pull that trigger"?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but you still could. Even if the consequences are bad.[/QUOTE]
That's the joke. Aiming can be varying degrees of difficult but anyone can shoot any gun.[/QUOTE]

Still they did the same in System Shock 2 and most people here call it a classic. I really hope that Cyberpunkt does not do this!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You are a fucking idiot. What does this post even show? We can't even confirm who are the women in the right! Probably marketing workers and assistants. Let me blow your mind, in a company which employs hundreds of people, there will be women. Get used to it.
Also genius move comparing them to the Witcher 1 team, when it was basically an indie game created by a bunch of basement dwellers. It's not like the company grew into a 7 billion dollar mammuth corporation since then.

That lobby photo is a good reminder of how bad this gane will be, just in case one allows hope (or even hype) to poke its head round the corner for a brief moment.

You do realise that most of them are not developers, don't you?
You guys should really stop being scared of women and start meeting them IRL.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom