Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

I managed to clear out the entire pyramid, several bosses, complex tunnel system with moments like Indiana jones movies, I had to fight king tut-tut or something, had to switch out the idol with sand (several save reloads), went to the top of the pyramid, ended up fighting that Amazon Queen Bitch of Tites, then found some foot powder, walked across the top of a ledge outside of the said pyramid over a volcano, then had to fight a lava bosss Mau-mu-mu for my second red eye

Getting close to beating this game woohoo!

I have a feeling I am so wrong ;)

Got the Caterpillar his drugs, spent forever and some in the River of Styx, and just landed in the hall of the dead

Can say this, every time I get stuck or move ahead in this game, I find it beyond amazing. This has to be one of the better Wizardry/CRPG I have ever played.

I can't wait to find what horrible death/puzzle/traps awaits me next.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Got the Caterpillar his drugs, spent forever and some in the River of Styx, and just landed in the hall of the dead

Can say this, every time I get stuck or move ahead in this game, I find it beyond amazing. This has to be one of the better Wizardry/CRPG I have ever played.

I can't wait to find what horrible death/puzzle/traps awaits me next.

Absolutely agreed, Wizardry 5 and 6 are the best for me. Enjoy while it lasts.

There go, nearly killed myself doing it. I really struggled with the end area in Wizardry VI. It was one or the more difficult games I have completed. Made I wasn't leveled enough or bad party, but that was such a struggle.

Bane took about 44 reloads to finally kill without some bullshit happening.

Amazing game, good ending, crazy ass difficulty

Ah I fucked up I choose the wrong thing and got the more difficulty ending.

I have the saves back up to one drive, so I restoredy save prior to the Queen's bulls hit.

So now I'm redoing the end areas again.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck double fuck

Beat it again, but I got no ending this time, lol what?

Dropped the cross, Bane killed himself, said I love you for that ring, say no to the pen, didn't follow the dragon, got the keys to leave back to the forest, no end credits WTF!?

Hopefully this will import fine, weird there are three known endings. feels like I got the secert no ending LOL

Last edited:

gman42

Scholar
Beat it again, but I got no ending this time, lol what?

Dropped the cross, Bane killed himself, said I love you for that ring, say no to the pen, didn't follow the dragon, got the keys to leave back to the forest, no end credits WTF!?

Hopefully this will import fine, weird there are three known endings. feels like I got the secert no ending LOL

IIRC, after doing this you basically have to go back around and try to take the pen to have an actual ending?

gman42

Scholar
yeah no i had keys to go down the hallway and no way back

Yeah I was thinking you'd have to go all the way back through the Temple. Could use a couple more levels before transferring anyway, even if just for the skill points and attributes that'll somewhat carry over.

Just weird i never got a ending screen, I beat it twice. As I said not running through that section again.

Queen to End is only a few hours once you know whats going on, but it's still a pain.

My characters are mostly 12 now, and will import at that.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Quick question.
If a mage cast a Death Cloud and after some turns a monster dies by this cloud, that is counted for the mage as a kill? On the data sheet?

Reality

Learned
Just tested and no - 62 Kills before a battle with Death Cloud and 62 after Alchemist is sad bench boy when in same party Mage

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I would like to play a party of six priests.
But how can I solve the lockpicking/trap disarming problem?
Priest has only Divine Trap spell. But can I use that without the lockpicking skill?
No Knock-knock spell. I know the lock picks items extremely rare.
Hmmm.. recruit Myles?
Use 1 bishop with priest spells only +Knock-knock?

Reality

Learned
I would recruit Myles ( I guess Madras would also work ) --- 1 Knock Knock user is never enough for the 10 lock doors anyway, it takes like 2 working together most of the time.

Technically, When Biogoo does his single charather runs on youtube he would just ignore non-mandatory chests / doors and would use force lock with 100 Strength in places like the Ascension Peak door , but that's minutes of clicking and also basically female mandatory due to needing to put all the stamina regen items on a single charather to prevent it being even longer -

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I would like to play a party of six priests.
But how can I solve the lockpicking/trap disarming problem?
Priest has only Divine Trap spell. But can I use that without the lockpicking skill?
No Knock-knock spell. I know the lock picks items extremely rare.
Hmmm.. recruit Myles?
Use 1 bishop with priest spells only +Knock-knock?

Play party with 6 bishops.

I did on Hard, it is fun.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Which weapon is better for a priest?
Enchanted mace initiative=-2, higher damage+KO
or warscepter lesser damage but no initiative penalty

Of course I use mainly magic, when I run out of spell points it is emergency weapons!
Does this initiative count for spellcasting?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Of course I use mainly magic, when I run out of spell points it is emergency weapons!

If you run out of energy with 6 priests and enemies are alive your weapon of choice wont matter.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar

If you run out of energy with 6 priests and enemies are alive your weapon of choice wont matter.
Thanks, I mean running out of damage spells. Then I can use Paralyze and beating the paralyzed enemy to death.
When I run out of every spell point then I still can pray :cool: for some divine intervention. In God we believe.

Reality

Learned
The first one is just a weak piece of geometry that's been known about for a very long time (You can get into the Umpani teleport room without clipping through the wall after you've got up to the IUF Pass Lvl 3 I think)

The 2nd one is a coordinate warp that only works if you have an approiate save file of the cooridnate you want (including on another map) to be applied when you enter some other map's transition zone (no real way of knowing other than trial and error, especially since some areas are much longer in terms of XYZ and other ones are fairly small.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
May be can I reset more quickly the last used spells at every battle round?
I am using Make Wounds and after a round the weapons the default again.
So I have to set the last used spell for the every six characters click->click, that 12 clicking.
Too much.

Reality

Learned
Hotkey for that would be Shift M
so for a full party you are lookin at

1 + Shift M
2 + Shift M
etc

Sadly as far as I know there is no full party select or straight up repeat all hotkey like in certain Blobbers. You could try it with the L hotkey instead but that is probbably only possible on Phase Based, since on Continous, you will accidentally "repeat ANY" last action which will probbably include defend if you aren't fast enough.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Hotkey for that would be Shift M
so for a full party you are lookin at

1 + Shift M
2 + Shift M
etc

Sadly as far as I know there is no full party select or straight up repeat all hotkey like in certain Blobbers. You could try it with the L hotkey instead but that is probbably only possible on Phase Based, since on Continous, you will accidentally "repeat ANY" last action which will probbably include defend if you aren't fast enough.
Thank you, this is great!
I always use phase based so pressing 1-L-2-L-3-L-4-L-5-L-6-L keys is 2 sec.
Moving and clicking the mouse is 10 sec for the same action select. approx.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
This party of 6 priests is a little frustrating.
We are Level 15, but only can use effectively fro mass damage the Whirlwind spell. This cone type spells are annoying. Monsters are always bumbling out of the cone zone. Or casting from too far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom